4.0 out of 5 stars For crunchers and blenders

And mixed with all those milky shakes
They'll grind up very well

The only problem that you'll find
Is popping from the tray
You have to let them sit a while
Or in there they will stay

The tray is not too flexible
It doesn't like to bend
You have to wait a minute plus
Before you can up-end

The way that really works for me
Is first, to let them sit
Then flip it on a paper towel
And thump the back a bit

Quick to freeze because they're small
But sadly and alas
You'll need to buy a lot because
Each tray fills just one glass

Amanda Richards, July 14, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% GREAT!, February 3, 2010
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
Okay, if those who hated this product just followed the product instructions then they would love these trays as much as I do! You HAVE TO let the trays sit out of the freezer for 60-90 seconds before twisting for removal. Do this, and lovely little perfect squares will dispense! I have had some squares break in 1/2, but this doesn't happen all the time.

Great for shaking cocktails & just a more delicate presentation of any iced drink. No more huge chunked ice hitting you in the nose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes perfect tiny cubes! LOVE them!, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
I am, frankly, shocked by the negative reviews of these wonderful little ice cube trays. Because of those comments, I only bought four previously but then also bought six of the blue Arrow ice cube trays for mini cubes--just in case.

The Arrow trays are wonderful, but the ice cubes they make, while small, are not SMALL ENOUGH for crunching unless you have steel jaws and have total disregard for your teeth. I love tiny ice cubes; but my automatic ice maker makes big old fashioned cubes, and I have ALWAYS hated it. I like the kind available in fountain drinks--but I could never find the way to make them at home, and ice crushers are noisy and messy.

These tiny cubes are perfect. The only possible objection I can see is clearly addressed in the instructions. YOU HAVE TO LET THE CUBE TRAY SIT for a minute or so after removing it from the freezer, or it WILL be hard to pop out the cubes.

But that's the only thing. I am buying six more of these right now. I have a small kitchenette with an under counter fridge/freezer near my room because I have a four-story house and I basically LIVE at the top of it; trekking downstairs endlessly to feed my ice crunching addiction, while good exercise, was also irritating to say the least! I think I will be able to stack ten of these trays on top of each other--even in my limited freezer space (one ice cube tray deep and about eight inches tall--could probably fit three more stacks of ten, but that is a tad over the top--even for me!).

Seriously, the mini cubes are just divine! I also have have three regular sized ice cube trays because, as cute as these minis are, they sure can go fast if you are making frozen drinks in a blender. For that, the Arrow minis are actually better since they are larger. But, like I said, I am an ice addict--and ice cube trays are the only thing anyone will ever find in my freezer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are people complaining about getting the ice out?, February 20, 2014
I am a 65-yr-old sedentary programmer who can bench press a bottle of milk on a good day.
It takes me three seconds to get the ice out of the tray.
(OK. Sometimes two or three cubes stay in.)
The small cubes are very convenient to use, and the trays stack nicely in the freezer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love ---> disappointment, May 13, 2010
TPerk (Oceanside, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
I honestly loved these ice trays until 2 months after purchase. They worked great, and aside from the 90 second rule when pulling them out of the freezer, they were wonderful. Until the 2 month mark, when in the same day, the handles on both trays busted. Pretty disappointing, since there aren't alot of choices out there for small ice trays for us ice chewer addicts. I've switched back to my Arrow Plastic 00055 Ice Cube Trays, because they are durable enough to make it through anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars tiny ice cubes :), April 24, 2014
I love the "baby ice" that these cubes make. Just be sure to let them sit out a couple of minutes before cracking the ice out or the actual tray may crack. I slip the trays into a 2 gallon ziplock bag when I crack them and it is then good to store the ice in too. If not you will have dozens of stray cubes across your kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, September 13, 2008
Kel (Wilmington NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
I actually ordered these ice cube trays because of the very small size that the cubes were. My 2 and half year old had terrible trouble with teeth coming through and she would love to crunch ice cubes for relief from the pain and these made the perfect size for her small mouth, she loved the square little shapes. I found them perfect for her needs and they were also a great size to throw into the blender when making cool drinks. Thanks for a great product. No complaints at all and they were delivered before the promised date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to use, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
Yes, I read the instructions, left them out for 60 seconds, & still almost impossible to get these out of the tray. Then I even ran them under hot water. They barely came out & come out haphazardly, falling all over the place. So then I tried getting them out over a bowl, it still took forever to get 10 cubes out (after leaving them out for 60 sec, then running hot water on them, then banging them on the side of the bowl to get them out).

My husband hates these too.

I was trying to make smoothies with these.

I wish I had a suggestion on a better product, but I feel my money was wasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 10, 2011
my 2 cents "my 2 cents" (San Clemente, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
I love lemon water & warm lemon water in the morning. So I buy a lot of lemons and sadly, some good bad before I can use them (maybe I should work on better citrus selection!). Regardless, had a great idea to squeeze my entire bag of lemons, then freeze them in the tray so I have lemon juice at the ready all the time! So far...couldn't be happier! Like another reviewer said, I leave the tray out to defrost a bit then I pop all the cubes into baggies and back into the freezer. Now I have "lemon juice" at the ready all the time! Will also do with lime, garlic and anything else I can think of! I love this ice tray!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect alternative for crushed ice!, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays (Kitchen)
I love these trays! They're sturdy, stackable, and make perfectly sized mini cubes for slushy drinks or Italian cream sodas. I plan on getting a few more, although it doesn't take long to make a large bag full of ice because the cubes freeze so fast. No more crushed ice for me!

Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays