5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Compliment to My Deep Fryer & Crock Pot
Published on December 13, 2008 by FNU MNU LNU

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but it doesn't work after 9 months
Published on September 27, 2008 by Shopper

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Compliment to My Deep Fryer & Crock Pot, December 13, 2008
I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I wanted a stylish electric skillet. I did not want one with a non-stick coating, as those tend to flake off over time. I wanted something that had enough eye-appeal to use on a buffet table or to carry to potlucks. Typically, I use this skillet for lightly fried Italian dishes like scallopini, breaded zucchini, and chicken piccata. Having a temperature dial is useful when making these dishes as you can easily keep the oil at proper temperature to crisp the food without getting it soggy. This skillet does tasks that my deep fryer and crock pot do not do well. Basically, a deep fryer is too large for scallopini, and a crock pot is too deep for certain buffet presentations. Recently, I took it to a pot luck and used it to serve Buffalo wings. The instructions indicated that the pan needs to be "seasoned" before first use to avoid sticking. I did have some complications in seasoning the pan. When I called customer service, they said the easiest way to season the pan is to cook bacon in it. Any excuse to eat bacon is usually a good one. I did manage to properly season my pan and I do not have problems with sticking. The glass lid is nice. It has a tiny hole in it to allow steam to escape.

5.0 out of 5 stars really nice pan, August 31, 2010
This review is from: CucinaPro 1454 Stainless Steel Round Classic Electric Skillet 16 Inch (Kitchen)
I have been looking for a large, high quality skillet, electric frying pan for a while. I decided to replace my current non-stick pan because it just didn't work right. It didn't get hot enough and scratched easily. The last time i used it i got so frustrated i unplugged it and walked out the door and threw it in the trash, still hot. so i began to research. You know, all of the pans at target, sears, williams sonoma are just junk. i guess people are just settling for lower quality items. Not me. I wanted a stainless steel pan. Non-stick is just not cutting it. anyway i read some of the negative reviews on this pan and was hesitant. So i called the company and was greeted by a very friendly woman that put my concerns to rest. i got the pan and messed up the seasoning process. I again called the company and was told to use a brillo pad but not while the pan was in water. If the pan is under water the steel fragments get inside the plug elements and short out. Anyway, i used the pad, came out great and then seasoned it by cooking a pound of bacon in it. I was set to go. I cooked summer sliced squash dipped in a egg wash and then seasoned bread crumbs and fried them in olive oil at about 325 degrees. (kind of an italian thing) The results were outstanding. The squash browned perfectly. It heated evenly and retained its temperature throughout the process. Cleaning was a breeze. I just slowly added about a cup of water, let it come to a boil and deglazed the pan. It was that simple. Who needs non-stick. That stuff is not a healthy product. I really had to look hard for this pan and would not settle for second best. I knew what i wanted and found it with this item. If you want a VERY LARGE, QUALITY pan then this is for you. Someone mentioned the sharp edge on the top ridge but i don't see that at all. The only problem, if it is one, is that there is no mark as a temperature guide setting. I called and asked and was informed that the light indicator is the mark. i don't see a problem with where the plug is located, in fact i think it is a logical place because if you are going to move the pan you should unplug it. Its a great pan. I am a woodworker and my wife thought it hilarious that instead of asking for some type of tool for my birthday i wanted an electric frying pan. Oh yeah, it does a great job frying italian peppers. Life is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must be the best & prettiest skillet available, May 4, 2009
Patsie (Martin county, FL) - See all my reviews
I found Publix employees cooking with this skillet. They don't want anything else. I admired it for a long time, and have loved the food they've prepared in it, and now I have it for myself. I do not like cooking, but I have cooked something every day with it. And cleanup is so easy, really, just wipe it clean. I am so delighted with it and hope not to have to deal with my glass top stove again. The food is so tasty in this skillet and it is so pretty.
I've waited years to get one, and now I have the perfect one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best skillet ever!!!, November 21, 2010
Anya (United States) - See all my reviews
I've been on the hunt for a large, really good skillet for years! I've tried so very many and always have been greatly disappointed. Well, at last I found a great one!
I'm so fed up with the non-stick coated ones--the coating barely lasts a year (even using the right tools) and once it gets scratched, you're eating aluminum (a man-made alloy that is harmful to eat).
I'm also fed up with skillets that heat weakly and/or unevenly!
And I need a very large one because when I cook, I want to do lots at once so I can freeze some and then don't have to cook every single night.
This skillet scores high on all of these points! I've never seen an electric skillet that heats so well and so evenly!
Clean up is easy, but if food has dried in it, then put some water in to soak the interior for 10 minutes--problem solved!
I've been using this skillet for 3 months for almost every dinner and am truly thrilled!
At long last, my search is over! Yay!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but it doesn't work after 9 months, September 27, 2008
I bought this product because I wanted something large witha stainless interrior. For the first 9 months, the product was perfect. It worked great and was easy to clean. Today, however, I plugged it in and it won't work. The light on the plug is lit up, but there is no heat. I tried multiple outlets to no avail. I then called the company, but the phone was disconnected. I found their website, but it doesn't appear that they make the product anymore. I will try a different number on Monday. If the customer service is good, I may retract my review, because the product is awsome when it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent skillet, October 31, 2009
I purchased this skillet after my Faberware of 25 years stopped working and they don't sell these anymore. I purchased this because it was not a non-stick which after a few uses you end up with what looks like pepper in your food. I like the large size, I have the 16 inch size, and it responds well to temperature adjustments. I have had this for over 2 months now and have used it several times and I have not been disappointed yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars CucinaPro Skillet, August 15, 2011
J. Hitesman (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought the stainless steel skillet because I don't like cooking with Teflon coated pans. This is a very nice looking skillet. It heats evenly and works well. The handles don't seem to get hot even though they're steel. The legs have rubber tips so it sits firmly on the countertop. The heat control takes a little getting used to since the skillet seems to heat very hot on any setting just at first before adding the food. (The directions say to preheat.) Once the food starts to cook I find that I have to adjust the heat several times before I get it just right.

I emailed the company before purchasing and my questions were answered quickly. The customer service person also suggested that "the best way to season it is to cook bacon in it. You can use something like Brillo in the stainless steel skillet, but don't do it in standing water. Steel wool will flake off and it could float around in the water and enter the plug receptacle and possibly short out. I just let mine stand on the counter while I use the pad." I found this additional note very helpful. It does have vents on the underside so I don't immerse the pan in water anyway, just in case. It cleans up very easily when I add some hot water and let it sit for a while.

I had a Farberware electric stainless steel skillet for over 35 years and I loved it. But after a few years the control went bad and I had to buy a new one. Then several years later the legs started to fall off (the bakelite burned up.) So I have emailed the CucinaPro Company to order another control and some legs as spares; I haven't heard back on that yet.

My only problem was that I couldn't find one in any local store so I could see it before purchasing this unit online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Skillet. Ever., April 4, 2011
I purchased this skillet b/c it was fully stainless steel. I had purchased another brand w/ a non-stick surface and w/in two months the non-stick surface began to give off a strong chemical smell so I quickly returned it,and the process found out it was recalled. Anyway, no more chemical stuff for my family. We use skillets and crockpots for all of our food as we live overseas for two years at a time and then in my parents' basement when we are home in the states w/ a kitchenette, no stove or oven. We have 5 kids, ages 10 down to 1 so our skillets get a considerable amount of use (usually twice daily).

This is NOT a non-stick skillet. If you know how to use stainless steel, you should have no trouble. We cook scrambled eggs, pancakes, stir-fry, poached eggs, burgers and much more in this with little or no sticking. When we use oil it's either olive or coconut... no burning oil ever. If there is sticking, we clean it by sprinkling baking soda on it, turning it on low and letting it sit for a few minutes. We literally dump out the dirty water and wipe clean... so easy. The heat is pretty accurate and it heats evenly, which you can especially see when you add the baking soda and watch it boil. The stainless is medium to high quality...looks and cleans great. We loved our 12 inch so much we ordered the 16 inch and use both daily. Customer service is amazing. I ordered an "open box" from amazon and when it arrived it was missing the power cord. I boxed it up to send it back to amazon but thought I'd call CucinaPro to see if I could get the replacement part w/out sending anything back (to save some time). The woman took my name, number, address and sent out the cord free of charge.

This skillet works well overseas also w/ a voltage regulator... no hassles.

I really highly recommend this product and would love to answer any questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing can COOK!, January 14, 2008
Ok we replaced a Rival electric skillet that did not even last a year. The first day First batch of Pancakes... PERFECT! We use this all the time. It is awesome! We love it. It is the right size for a family of 4! And even some room for when more people show up!

5.0 out of 5 stars great skillet without yucky no stick coating, April 10, 2013
I used to use a rectangular electric griddle for pancakes. I've become less and less interested in cooking on no stick surfaces and so was looking for a stainless steel replacement. My mom and dad have this same skillet and like so I bought one too. Initially I might have only given 3 or 3.5 stars because the heat was somewhat uneven. In particular the middle didn't get as hot. Pancakes made this quite obvious! Then I happened to make pancakes on my parents and they tried mine and we all agreed that theirs was considerably better than mine. Contacted CucinaPro as it was still under warranty and they sent out a replacement. The replacement came and it is fantastic which is why my rating is now 5 stars instead of 3. So, why do I like this?

1) Controlled temp is more consistent than something on my gas stove.

2) Big enough to make food for our family of 5.

3) Product may be submerged which helps clean up considerably. My sink isn't big enough to actually submerge it but since they say you can, I don't worry about using the sprayer to rinse with impunity.

4) Easy cleanup.

5) It is big enough to replace the old electric griddle I had but also is deep enough to be a lot more versatile. While I don't use the lid much, I do sometimes and that is nice as well.

6) Stainless steel + glass (the lid) makes me feel good about it both in terms of durability (stainless steel won't just wear off or get accidentally scratched through) and food safety (can use metal utensils without worrying about scraping off flakes of no-stick coating and don't have to use plastic utensils which may melt a little into food).

In short, we like it, we use it quite a bit. Pancakes figure in quite heavily but also have made sweet and sour cabbage, scrambled eggs, etc.

Rate and Discover Movies