Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pasta Maker Deluxe Set By Cucina Pro -Includes Spaghetti, Fettucini, Angel Hair, Ravioli, Lasagnette Attachments
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on January 27, 2011
This is a great little pasta cutting machine. It has options for spagetti, lasagna, fettucini, and a thinner version of fettucini. It is good to let a "throw away" dough through it several times before actual use to get the machine oil out of it. There are two small problems with it, the least problem that the ravioli cutter part doesn't cut. The other problem is that when I let the dough through the fettuccini cutter only every other strain of pasta is getting cut through thouroughly the rest has to be separated by hand. It's a little time consuming.
Other than that I love this machine! I found that a 50% semolina and 50% bread flour mix gives the best texture and flavor. There are also no instructions for assembly or use but, it's pretty simple anyways. The only thing would be useful if they let the users know that the dough should be flattened with a rolling pin first to a 1/4-1/2 inch thickness, and after that let through the machine multiple times starting from the largest number: 7 all the way through 4 (I found that 4 is a good average thickness and doesnt get ripped easily).
on January 3, 2012
I received this item off my wish list as a Christmas present 2011. It was a fantastic present!! After using the machine I am very happy with the product. It is easy to use.

Positives:

* Heavy stainless steel parts feel very high quality and work smoothly.
* Starting attachments are everything most people need to do pasta. Angel hair, spaghetti, ravioli, and linguini are included.
* Accompanied instruction book has easy to follow color photo instructions.
* Efficient space use in the package and the large white box inside is a good place to put it all away afterwards.
* Machine cleans easily. You do not use soap and water on a pasta machine. However it is very easy to brush off and looks sparkling.

Negatives:

* The ravioli attachment came attached to the main machine and the brackets were slightly bent making it very hard to get off the first time. Once I took it off it was easy to bend the brackets back into a strait shape so this attachment can now slide on and off the machine.
* The clamp does not open wide enough to affix this to either my kitchen table or my counter top. I ended up having to make pasta in the living room using a coffee table.

Several reviews have mentioned this slipping because they can't clamp it down tightly enough. In the instruction booklet it tells you to get a firm grip you should place the machine on a thin rubber mat so the machine has something to sink into. This works very well. If you don't have a mat a folded dish towel works for this purpose as well.
on December 24, 2014
Seems well made, but the internal gear mechanism slips and grinds when under pressure pulling the dough through the rollers. I had to McGyver a solution by taking it apart and wedging the gears. The unit does make nice pasta. I have made spaghetti, linguini, lasagna noodles, etc. and all have turned out well.
on December 29, 2013
It comes with all the attachments I need!
Easy once you get the dough right. That takes a little practice. Fresh pasta tastes soo good!
on March 2, 2015
I liked the item except I seem to have gotten two slicers that are identical - I can only make thin pasta or lasagne noodles - I thought that it would have two different ones not two of the same. Otherwise it works just as described.
on October 26, 2011
The CucinaPro 178 could be a marvelous kitchen tool. The types of pasta cutters offer a good variety, it attaches easily, and stays put while in use. At first it worked beautifully, and we were delighted at how easy it was to enjoy fresh pasta. Unfortunately, within the first 6 months the gears on the lingini, fettucini, and angle hair cutters started to slip. I can still wiggle and jiggle the handle to get the pasta turned through, but it is NOT a smooth operation and it is discouraging to use. The gears on the spaghetti cutter became so out of sync that it is unusable. So far the roller side and the ravioli attachment work okay, but it certainly is not what I had in mind when I bought the set. IF the integrity of the gears could be guaranteed, I would definitely recommend this tool. If you get one like mine, it is a waste of money.
on March 24, 2014
I purchased this particular set due to all the attachments but overall was the ravioli part. It wasn't as great as I'd hoped it'd be and the strip cutter (not the attachments) was bent when I got it. However, I love that I don't have to roll the dough out by hand and that I can make other types of noodles.
on February 2, 2011
I had really good luck with the pasta maker. The handle does fall out. You just have to be aware of it and watch. The pasta dough dries out quickly.. To keep the pasta moist I dotted water on it as I was working it.. Then would fold it in half and continue on with.. This worked really great.. The cutters don't always cut the pasta fully.. But a little effort pulling the rest apart is well worth it since the pasta tastes so great.. It was the best plate of spaghetti we'd ever had.. If you want fresh pasta well worth the cost..
on November 1, 2011
It works as advertised. It takes a little effort to get the procedure down.
If you are used to working with dough, it's easier.
There is a learning curve. The more you use it the easier it gets.
Easier than some of the others on the market.
on February 26, 2011
I had the chance to use my CucinaPro 178 Fresh Pasta Set only once and I'm a little concerned about the next usage. I only used the Spaghetti cutter but after one usage there was this terrible squeaking noise come from it as I turned the handle that operate the cutting blades. Sounds like it needs a large dose of WD 40 or the blades are about to fall out. Hope it holds up!