Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2010 6:52:53 AM PDT
I want to read The Cuckoo's Egg in kindle for iPad.

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 7:18:33 PM PST
W. B. Abbott says:
A worthy goal, but in the interim, perhaps a paper copy will do. Its a great book and I wouldn't let it being analog (non-electronic) put me off reading it. My dad gave me a copy, oh, within a year of it being published, and he said, 'You'll really like this, but when you hit the middle you'll go into mourning, because its going to end...' Yes, he was right. Its that good. It contains a nice chocolate chip cookie recipe too.

You can recognize the early editions, because the publisher insisted on attributing it to "Clifford Stoll". Once he was a big deal, Mr. Stoll had them use his 'regular' name, "Cliff". I find that kinda charming.

The Cuckoos Egg Tracking A Spy Through The Maze Of Computer Espionage - 1989 publication.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 4:48:15 PM PST
I would also like to get it in Kindle format. I read it years ago when a friend lent it to me and, seeing as i have a Kindle these days, would like to have it on there to re-read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about