Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on October 2, 2013
I purchased a Cuddeback Ambush IR camera in April 2012. I started to use it in September 2012, it took five pictures and quit working. I sent it back to Cuddeback for repairs. When the camera came back, it took eight picture and quit working. I sent it back a second time for repairs. When it was returned to me, it took thirty three pictures and quit working. When I sent it back the third time, Cuddeback informed me that the warranty had expired on the camera and that I would have to pay for the repairs. When I refused to pay for the repair service, I was told that someone from the Customer Complaint Department would be getting in touch with me in a few days to discuss my problem. About three weeks later, after no phone call, I received my camera back in the mail with a note stating that since I had refused to contact Customer Services, they could not make the necessary repairs. Not only was the camera sub-standard, but the quality control and repair service was sub-standard as well.
on December 7, 2012
I never rate anything much but this ambush was very disappointing. It takes pictures with lines across it and is blured. I cannot even make out what is in the picture. Ive always bought cudde backs!! This is the second time its happened. i returned the first one for refurbishing. Is there anyway to exchange this one?
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
The Ambush IR only detects movement out to about 20 ft. even thought the flash shows much farther. Also when taking photos at night a lens pops up inside for the inferred flash and it makes noise. The deer will hear it and check it out or attack the camera. For the price I expected a lot better. I do NOT recommend this camera.
on November 4, 2014
This is the second Ambush IR that I have purchased. This is an excellent "close range" camera to cover tight trails or scrapes. It is easy to operate, a battery miser, has fast trigger speed, and takes excellent pictures. As always, the fastest SD cards aid the camera, but this model workes well with any quality card. A great,smaller camera that works well when used in it's intended envelope of range (under 30 feet).
on October 25, 2014
this is the first review I've ever written. this camera was just that disappointing I purchased 2 of these cameras and trued them on various settings and locations. I even put one up next to one of my other cameras. the end result, the cuddeback had 2 pictures of me. my other camera had 2 pictures of me on either side of 158 pics of deer and birds. don't waste your money
on November 29, 2012
This camera works great. I got some great pictures from it and it is made very well. It stays in the woods for months on end
on November 18, 2013
All the cameras I own are cuddebacks and in fact the only brand I have ever used but I have rate the Ambush as the worst camera I have ever used or seen. The nighttime photos are such poor quality that it is difficult to even tell if it is a deer or something else.DO not waste your money on this product.
on October 31, 2012
Camera came through broken. We shall see what Cuddeback does about replacing it. Other cameras have worked fine but some models lasted only about 2 years
Cuddeback Ambush IR 5.0 Mega Pixel Game Camera
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2015
Work Great
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2012
I love this camera. Sets up with a single switch set to what ever delay you want. Goes all the way down to 5 seconds between shots if you want. It also will do one picture then a 30 second video. Just turn the switch to the video side and you are all set!