Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuddly Crochet: Adorable Toys, Hats, and More
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon May 23, 2010
20 projects will keep you busy making wonderful items for baby. A hooded blanket or other afghans, several soft toys, several warm hats and a bib or two are all items you can choose to crochet for your favorite little one.

14 pages of general instructions which include how to size the hats begin this book. Each project has a colored photo of the items and a skill level and approximate size are also at the start of the project. A material, hook and notion's list is next.

The instructions are easy to read and tips can be found throughout the book in colored boxes. Any assembling instructions wind up the project. The book ends with a page of abbreviations, glossary terms, a weight chart for yarns and skill level definitions and a metric conversions list.

If crocheting is your idea of fun, this book will give you 20 reasons to get out your yarn and hooks and have an evening or two to yourself.
on July 15, 2010
I purchase a lot of crochet books and this one is a true delight for all levels. I even learned some new techniques from this book. There is a good balance of patterns for cuddly toys, hats, blankets, and a cute pickup truck. There is also a great pattern for basic animal shapes in order to create your own cuddly toy - nice. This book would make a great present, along with hooks and yarn, for someone wanting to learn how to crochet as she has really informative "easy" instructions.
on May 14, 2011
With all of the reviews, I expected more from this book. There are a few cute projects in it but not enough for me to keep it. I have some experience with making dolls and animals and these were just not quite what I was hoping for. I recommend using the look inside feature and making sure these are the style of projects you are interested in. I did like the bibs and the bird blanket is very cute, but on the whole I don't see myself using it much to make anything else. The projects do look easy and if it is your first venture into amigurumi it may be exactly what you are looking for.
on June 26, 2010
This book is full of wonderful toy and accessory designs. It's amazing how Stacey Trock has taken yarn and transformed it into 3-D animals. There is a very complete background and how-to section, that stresses child safety. Also, a discussion of gauge and sizing with basic crochet diagrams and advanced stitches and techniques as well. The animals are darling and varied, and the accessories are fun and practical. There a oodles of gift ideas. They are reasonably sized, so they can be completed in a relatively short time. I recommend this book for kids toys, blankets, bibs, and hats.
on December 17, 2010
if you want to wow people with your crochet talents then this is a good book. All the hats are easy to make. The stuff animals are cute and quick to make. I found nice eyes for my animals at ebay. I made the bird hood blanket, and I got so many compliments. Overall this is a must have book for crocheters.
on January 7, 2011
I've been doing more knitting than crocheting recently, but am turning to Stacey's book for my next baby gifts, the teddy bear and hoodie bird blanket. I'm definately a beginning crocheter who gets nervous with new directions, but the patterns and instructions in this book are very clear and welcoming. I can keep this book with me and understand clearly the steps for the patterns, and there are descriptions and drawings of all the stitches she uses, so if you aren't sure what the stitch looks like or how to do it, the information is right there, which I am very happy with! I also agree that Stacey is very accessible through her website [...] if you have questions. Definately a must for any crocheter's library!
on September 1, 2012
I understand this to be Stacey Trock's first book. I have both of her books and bought the second one (Crocheted Softies) first, before requesting this one as a birthday gift. My brother followed directions ;) and I now have more super cute amigurumi's to make for all my family and friends. I had a hard time deciding between four and three stars. If it is your first look at Stacey's work, you'll probably love it, but if you've already got her other book or perused her patterns online you may be a tad disappointed. The animals are cute, but the truck is quite sloppy looking, and the blankets are nothing special. Some look downright drab in browns and tans. It's fairly standard for crochet books to not want to make EVERYTHING. The problem is, with Crocheted Softies, I DID want to make everything, but with this book, I will probably stick to the animals and the bibs. The sheep and koala blankets may be worth my time, but the rest I will pass on. Also, I think Stacey has come a long way in her pattern designing and her newer work is a little better than what is offered here.
on October 7, 2014
Made the mouse. I liked that the back stitches makes a toy that will hold its stuffing. Great-grandson "adores" it, his mother reports. It was fun to make. Wish there was more variety. Other books have "cute and cuddly animals from around the world" but patterns are not nearly as clear or practical. Hope this author will be encouraged to create other patterns.
on October 28, 2010
This book is perfect for so many occasions! Need a quick gift for the child's birthday you forgot? How about for the co-worker who is having a baby shower that you aren't sure if you need to bring something to? Have a friend who crochets or wants to learn? Cuddly Crochet is great for all of these things. Every pattern has a partner so you can always make two things in a theme or you could mix it up. Good patterns for all children, many are quick to crochet up.

Further, it has the author's website information and she is one of the most responsive author's I've ever encountered if you are having trouble with a certain stitch or are unclear with a term (though this book has a great glossery and easy to understand definitions and explanations)
on November 7, 2010
Fresh Stitches' Stacey Trock provides clear and easy-to-follow patterns for amigurumi animals! Each animal has a related baby garment - hat, blanket, bib, etc. - so you can make an adorable set for a baby (or just lots of animals for yourself).