Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 10-Inch|Color: Black|Change

on December 1, 2007
Initially I was quite happy with the pan. They are good quality and cook evenly. The non-stick surface worked well.

After about 6 months however the nonstick surface did not work very well any more. I wash them by hand, and only use plastic utensils to avoid scratching. I was disappointed by how quickly the nonstick surface was lost. I later looked on Consumer Reports, and found that they also say they have poor nonstick durability.
99 comments|251 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2006
I bought a set of these Cuisinarts about 9 months ago. This skillet was included in the set, as well as a smaller one and several pots.

Pros:

Excellent heat conduction. Stays hot, cooks evenly and transfer from oven to stovetop and back is very convenient.

Cons:

The nonstick coating is not really working anymore. Though these have never been in the dishwasher or been scrubbed with anything heavier than a sponge, the nonstick coating has slowly burned off in patches, and now, though it hasn't peeled or flaked, there are spots where the food will stick and nonstick spray or oil must be used. This is a pity because I was very careful not to overheat the pans--they have really been babied. I will probably buy another Cuisinart though, but this pan will need to be replaced within a few months.
88 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2011
I bought a set of Cuisinart teflon non-stick pans due to the fact that there was supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Well when the teflon coating started peeling, I contacted customer service 1-800-726-0190 and was assured that if I sent them back they would warranty the pans. I stressed that they were several years old and the girl said that was ok. I spent $30 to FedEx the pans (sent back all pans in the set) and was also required to enclose a check for $10 to cover return shipping.

After about a month, I had not heard anything, so I called and they had no record of receiving. I related the fedex confirmation and they said to give it another week to update my file. I called back in a week and the girl said that there was a note in the file saying "costomer abuse". I asked what that meant and she said she didn't know. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was referred to "Daniel". Daniel said that he would look into it and it was up to "corporate" and he had no input. He said he would call me back in 24 hours. Daniel did not call back in 24 hours, so in 48 hours I called and asked for him. He still said that it was up to corporate - I said that was not good enough; I have $40 more dollars invested in the pans. I told him that I have never seen a pan that eventually did have some peeling and wearing off of the teflon and a "lifetime warranty" should be honored. I also asked for a supervisor higher up.

A day later I got a call from "Dena". Dena (clanging pans sound) said the the customer abuse was using too high of heat which caused the teflon to fail - she also said that it was evident that metal utensils were used. Neither of which are true, the pans were just old and wearing out, but we bought them initially because of the lifetime warranty. Dena stated that if they just replaced pans for everybody that they would go broke replacing pans and they were NOT going to warranty my pans. Due to my constant whining, she did agree to ship back the pans (received but damaged with dings on the edges), refund my $30 shipping and the $10 check (have not received yet). My response was since she was going to ship my pans back at a cost of $20 (probably their cost to ship) and write a check for $40, wouldn't it be wiser to invest that $60 and send us a new set of pans that have a (Cousinart cost) of $60. She said "Look, we generally don't refund the original shipping, so NO". I also told Dena that I would post a positive Amazon review as well as a negative Amazon review whichever was needed. She said that was my right. So here I am with the negative - I will never buy Cuisinart again and ther warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on...
1717 comments|202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2009
I bought this product around 10 months ago. I assumed it has an Excalibur coating as had previous Cuisinart nonsticks. It doesn't. It has a coating very much like a traditional Teflon I coating. Its very non-stick. Because of this, I was very careful not to overheat it, or to clean it in the dishwasher or to use metal utensils with it. Unfortunately, the nonstick coating started coming off in flakes about two weeks ago. I sent an e-mail to Cuisinart customer support which they ignored. I called them and they told me to ship it at my own expense, and if they deemed it defective, they'd ship me a new one at my expense. This meant that I would have to pay approximately $20-$25 to remedy a product that was designed or produced in a clearly defective way. My experience confirms the Consumer Reports' rating which says that Cuisinart frying pans nonstick coating are given the lowest possible score for reliability. If you are considering buying this pan, and you read the reviews of others who love it, if I had sent in a review anytime in the first eight months, it would have also been a glowing one. This is pretty much true of all nonsticks. They're great until the coating dies and most of these reviews were written too soon for their authors to have had that experience. I suggest that you try and find a relatively cheap pan with an Excalibur coating. It will wear out too, but it will take around two years, and not cost as much.
on November 24, 2008
Despite the bad reviews, I also tried this pan. It is awful - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

To address issues other have had -

(1) It was perfectly flat out of the box, but warped as soon as medium heat was applied. Probably because it is so thin. Note the 10" crepe pan weighs as much as this monster of a pan, and appears to be at least 3 times thicker.

(2) It is way too thin to heat evenly - I think our heavy duty cookie sheets are just as thick! To check it out, I used an infrared thermometer and found out that once the hottest part of the pan reached about 350 (ideal for things like eggs and pancakes), there were parts that were 75 degrees cooler. This means burnt eggs and raw pancakes. Yum.

The size would probably make a good chicken fryer for a large family, but it has no top, so I'm not sure what you really could do with it, so mine went back today.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
This past week I was cooking for my kids using one of my Cuisinart pans (Model #622-20 8" skillet) which I generally enjoy and use daily. All of a sudden I hear a loud "Pop" from the pan. I knew immediately what the sound was. Several years ago, one of Cuisinart pan bolt covers blew off while I was cooking and just missed hitting me in the head. I thought that was a fluke and so have continued using your products. Now I realize it wasn't a fluke, there is a serious design and/or manufacturing issue with your pan bolts.

I called the Cuisinart service desk and was invited to get my pan inspected by your team and consider for replacement (your tag #301-289-444) - but I have to pay postage both ways! That's about $20 postage and packaging to get considering for replacement of a $25 pan that has a dangerous flaw.

I wish Cuisinart would stand behind its products, and I hope they can fix this dangerous flaw with their skillets.
review image
on December 1, 2007

on December 8, 2005
i was concerned about aluminum so i read up on it and as long as its clad with steel outside and this new titanium inside its fine and best for even cooking, so i bought this pan. i was concerned about weight so i needed an aluminum pan, not steel. this has best of both worlds being alum and steel outside for durability. the handle never gets hot. i cook and reheat on a low heat and its like a little oven. i suggest getting the lid also. great for eggs and chicken. the 12" is a large pan inside so i also suggest getting the smaller size for quick and smaller food cooking. out of all the research i did, this pan rated #1 amongst all persons and i tend to agree. very pleased. shipping was also very quick for the super saver, although, the box for the pan box was opened partially. needed more tape to secure it.
on November 11, 2005
I have all three available sizes of the Cuisinart fry pans, and the 12 inch (with front handle) is by far the best of the lot. It heats evenly and has a very large flat surface for use as a griddle. Four good size pancakes will easily fit in the pan at the same time. It also has enough heft to cook evenly, and not heat-up not too quickly, which is a problem with the smaller pans. The non-stick surface works flawlessly, but I would not use metal utensils on it.

I have not seen this fry pan for sale at anywhere other than Amazon.
on October 16, 2005
Extremely pleased with my purchase! I use it all of the time and it makes cooking a breeze. I still clean it carefully and only use wooden or plastic utensils even though it says I can use metal, but that is my preference. Its great....can go from burner right into the oven, and nothing ever sticks.