Top positive review
474 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2007
I am an avid home chef & treasure high-quality cookware. These are great! They are thinner (but harder) than many brands, which I truly love. Lower heat settings can be used for comparable results in other cookware, which saves energy, money, & severity of burns if the user is accident prone.
Some things to know:
1. These pans are designed to be hung on a rack. Hanging does save your cookware from a lot of those small injuries caused to them by stacking.
2. The Quantanium non-stick finish is like Teflon on steroids! I use about 1/4 the oil/butter I normally used in the older versions of Teflon. As mentioned above, a lower heat setting is also necessary. These are very easy to clean (except the stainless steel "buttons" where the handles are attached - everything sticks well there).
3. Although they say "Metal Utensil Safe", DON'T! Save the metal utensils for your cast iron & stoneware.
4. Non-stick cooking spray tends to eat finish on pans. Preserve them by washing well with soap & water as soon as they are cool. TIP: NEVER, EVER put a sizzling hot pan in water or dump cool water into it! This causes warping that basically ruins the pan. Move the pan to an unused burner & let it cool naturally before washing.
5. With the small steamer insert, never fill the pan over one inch above the bottom of the insert. With the stockpot insert, 2 inches. This can be pushed to nearly 3, but the mess from overfilling is big.
6. Enjoy & care for these pans! You won't ever have to buy replacements for them as long as you don't abuse them.