Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on October 20, 2011
I bought this product b/c of it's specific selling feature for stir fry, which most people will think of Chinese cooking with high heat. I'm happy with the size and shape, but very disappointed w/ material. They meant it when they say the flat bottom part is special heat endurable, b/c it is the only part that endures chinese cooking kind of heat. The edge of the bottom and the surrounding area where the food may touch during the stir dot not endure much heat. It turned brown within 1 min with high heat, then turn even darker if continued. Dish washer scrub wash still cannot remove those burn mark. Scrub by hand took me forever. It also makes a weird "clink clink" sound when heated up. The helper handle also got heated up big time, and make it impossible to hold onto when trying to scoop the foot out.
on October 9, 2008
The cuisinart stir-fray is more than adequate for those not wishing to spend 2-3 times as much on a top of the line name brand pan. I suggest some stainless steel cleaning powder that can be found at most major grocery stores to give it a good clean from time to time. Read the instructions - use on a medium heat and not on a high heat to avoid burning, as the pan conducts heat very well on medium. All in all very satisfied with the value relative to the price.
on September 3, 2013
1. This one comes with warning of NEVER USE HIGH HEAT, which prevents you from heating the pan smoking hot

2. My own experience: I was gonna stir fry some chicken breasts diced into cubes. I didn't read the warning so I heat the pan under high heat for a while. As soon as I poured the chicken into the pan, the pan becomes burnt black. It's a rookie's mistake to use a stainless steel pan for stir-fry.
on December 16, 2010
I came across this stirfry pan and saw that Amazon was advertising it to accompany the Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set which I own and enjoy. I bought this item for my husband as a Christmas gift, and fortunately took it out of the box when it came to make sure it worked with our induction range.

It DOES NOT work with induction. In the video review that Amazon posted above, it appears that she is in a test kitchen with an induction range and a gas range side by side, but it must be a ceramic cooktop?

Also, unlike the MultiClad Pro set, this stirfry pan is not all one piece. The bottom plate is a separate piece from the rest of the pan which I guess is what the demo woman in the video means by "encapsulated bottom." Very disappointing. Amazon should update their suggestions so as not to mislead consumers into thinking this is at all like the MultiClad series. I should have done more research on Cuisinart's website prior to purchase.
on January 24, 2011
I read with some trepidation the mixed reviews for the Cuisinart wok. I bought it because it was on sale and because it matched a Cuisinart set I had bought earlier. Despite the negative reviews, I decided to try it and return it if I didn't like it.

It is very important to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. This wok gets extremely hot even at medium heat so it takes some adjustment if you are used to cooking with a stainless steel or non-stick wok. Keep the heat lower (low to medium) and you will find that food does not stick to the pan. Cleanup is generally very minimal in my experience. The wok is a very good size and has a nice size bottom. Very versatile for cooking. The glass lid is clever because it enables you to watch the food cooking without having to remove the lid as with most other woks. Highly reccomended.
on August 24, 2015
I was really excited when it arrived and cooked on the first day. I was stir-frying shredded cabbage on high when the bottom quickly got burned. Not sure if this will keep happening. Sad to see a shiny new pot already ruined :(
review image
on July 10, 2011
For less than the cost of dinner for four at KFC you can own this souper fry pan... Yes I spelled it souper so you don't forget this is great for soups too.

RE: TURBO COOK PAN REPLACEMENT
Yep, I am tossing out my Turbo Cook Pan, but keeping the steel steamer tray and maybe using the stainless steel lid... Jury is out on the lid as I now have three to choose from: Stainless Steel, Traditional WOK, and Glass. I love my Turbo Cook Pan; Nothing cooks better in a short period of time; however the main pan is non-stick aluminum and does not last. I don't need to add aluminum or non-stick to my family's diet.

RE: STAINLESS STEEL
It is great that this is a flat bottomed stainless steel pan. My prior review, which I lost, had a story about sticking stainless steel pans. I went into the importance of manufacturers instructions as with my other pans I finally figured learned why my food was sticking and better ways to clean up after cooking from reading the instructions. Cuisinart's use and care guide covers has some interesting things to say regarding cooking with and cleaning this pan that you may want to review before using. (**I feel that many of the less than five star reviews may have been different if people had read the use and care guide first before using this pan.) Lastly, since this pan is to replace a non-stick pan I decided to put it to the test by frying tofu last night for making my hot curried tofu. There was some sticking, but as I was frying at a lower temperature when I cooked my veggies after the tofu all of the stuck food was released by the steam of the vegetables.

RE: GLASS LID
Many people's complaints about the glass lid are actually a feature of the lid. This pan was not designed for the traditional ultra high temperature WOK cooking. The glass lid will actually vapor seal to keep in veggie freshness. There is a right way to break the seal is in the use and care guide. So far I have not used the glass lid, but I intend to when I put this WOK to the task for making hot and sour soup.

RE: PRICE
I thought I had a great price when I purchased this pan a week ago from Amazon for $34.95 with super saver shipping included. At the time of this review you can get the same pan for $28.24 a full $6.71 less. If you are concerned about the glass lid as I was you could get this pan now and pick up a WOK lid at a thrift shop for a few bucks and still come out ahead.

FYI: AMAZON's Post-Order Price Match Policy
With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

RE: OTHER REVIEWS
Read them all the good and the bad as you want to make an informed decision. Also, this is not a traditional high temperature wok, but if you are looking for one of those Amazon has one that looks good currently for $20.79 and $7.84. You also will have to get a WOK ring as this is round bottom, plus don't think about it if you have a gas glass cook top as the heat will break your cook top. (Yes I am sure someone will say I'm wrong on this, but that is what my SEARS instructions said when I installed mine ten years ago... Glass could be tougher now)

UPDATE: 7/16/11 I've used this pan for several dinners and large soups and it has performed remarkably on my gas cooktop. So far I have used this glass top only as a dust cover for when I'm not using the pan. I have been using both my old WOK top and Stainless Steel Turbo Cooker Dome top... The reason for this is: 1. they work great with this pan and 2. I've read in several reviews about shattered tops, even though I suspect improper use, I want to be sure I'll be in the kitchen 100% of the time for my first couple glass top runs.
CLEAN UP: After each use I fill the pan with water and let it soak while eating my meal. After that a green scrub pad makes short work of any food or stain on the inside of the pan.

AGAIN THIS IS A GREAT PAN... DON'T DELAY

note: I have read reviews that state this is not an induction pan, if you require an induction pan you may decide to look elsewhere. There was no claim in the write-up of this pan being an induction pan. (I understand the use of a one star review when talking about a product that you are trying to help keep others from making the same mistake they did, knowing that it isn't the manufacturers fault; for this reason Amazon needs a neutral star rating.)

Update 6 September 2011: Since getting this pan I have used it five times a week. My glass top has been GREAT and no problems. Again HIGHLY recommend following instructions. Cleans like a dream. Makes more SOUP than than my Turbo-Cook pan ever did, and now I don't have to worry about eating non-stick material. When frying it is easier to use a WOK ALUMINUM lid as it is lighter and you don't have to worry about the glass lid.

Update 20 May 2014: Burned my wok again walking away and forgetting that I had it on the stove for coffee water. I can not count the number of times that I have burned this great pot, but it is still flat as an ironing board on the bottom. Oh should you ever burn your wok too, just gently move it to an unlit burner and leave it alone until it cools before attempting to clean it.
on February 1, 2013
I almost passes on this wok after reading some of the lower reviews on this Wok. I had a feeling that most, if not all, of the complaints sounded like user error so I took a chance and bought it anyway. Then after I read about the lid, I almost wasn't going to use it. I did anyways and here is my review.
Today was the first time I used it and it performed wonderfully. Simply followed the instructions on the Manufacturers Care Guide and it couldn't have performed better. The meal came out great and cleanup was as easy as described by the guide. The lid was utilized and did not shatter because I did not let a vacuum seal form from temp fluctuations.
Now if you don't have the common sense to follow simple use and care instructions or even open the instructions and read them to begin with, then you should give yourself 1 star, not this product.
Btw, to avoid always burning food, be sure to use an oil with a high smoke point, grape seed oil or peanut oil, for instance. Happy cooking, all.
on September 8, 2012
I teach cooking classes and I love to use stainless steel pans because they clean up so nicely and are healthier for the environment and my clients. I bought these for a large team building event and have used them 4 times in a 5 month period. Today I saw pitting in all of them after they were cleaned and was shocked because I had read all of the great reviews before investing in these.

I could not return them to Amazon because it was over 30 days and I just called Cuisinart to inquire about their "life time warranty". I have will have to pay to ship all three to New Jersey (I am in CA) It will take 6 weeks for them to repair (OH BOY) or replace (OH JOY) the woks. Either way, I am not happy with my choice for purchasing these. I will stick with All-Clad is the future. Saving money up front is not worth it if you have to spend money replacing your investment in less than a year.
on March 19, 2015
I was almost scared off by some of the reviews here, but I took a chance and was not disappointed.

You will see a quite the gamut among the negative reviews:

Hard to clean
Doesn't heat well
Burns the food
Starts fires
etc

If you have never owned any stainless steel or clad cookware then I encourage you to research it further before buying this. This isn't a good choice for a starter into the stainless realm. Stainless does take some extra care to clean, but when used correctly will produce excellent results. For starters this is a pan designed for stir frying. That is a cooking technique that uses very high temperatures and very short cooking times. You MUST use the proper type of oil when cooking at these temperatures. Research the smoke point of your oil before tossing it into a hot stir fry pan. If you use Olive Oil in a stir fry on high heat you will likely cause the oil to flash over and start a fire, like some of the reviews here have stated. If you use the wrong oil and set your pan on fire is it really the fault of the pan? No it's the fault of the owner for not knowing what the heck they were doing. Pam, butter, lard and EVOO are not suitable for the higher heat of stir frying. Traditionally soybean or peanut oil is used in Asia for stir frying and has a fairly high smoke point. Safflower oil is also another good choice and is easier to find in the grocery store. Use the right oil and you will have great results without burning the pan, food or yourself.

For cleaning I like to use stainless steel scrub pads (not steel wool) like these: http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-Brite-Stainless-Steel-Scouring/dp/B002CQTXBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426816966&sr=8-1&keywords=stainless+steel+pads

Another good choice is a product called Barkeeper's Friend - http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Keepers-Friend%C2%AE-Cleanser-Polish/dp/B000V72992/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426817040&sr=8-1&keywords=barkeeper%27s+friend

Lastly learn about stir frying if you've never done it before as the technique differs greatly from traditional western cooking. You aren't going to be able to saute in this pan, or braise. This is also not a suitable pan for any kind of deep frying. The heat is concentrated in the flat bottom of the pan, NOT on the sides of the pan.

Another common complaint about this pan is the lid. Personally I never use it. Stir frying is not a technique that ever requires a lid, so I am not sure why Cuisinart even decided to pair one with this pan. I suspect that the sheer size of the lid is the reason that some users have reported shattering. The glass is not thick and the lid is so large that it just seems brittle to me. I won't need it, so it is not a concern. But, if you plan on using the lid on this pan a lot you might want to look for a smaller stir fry pan. If the pan was say 12 inches instead of the 14 at its widest point the lid would be significantly stronger. If you are concerned about splattering without the lid a 14" splatter guard would be a better and safer choice than the lid in my opinion.

This pan is a great value for the price and performs well on plain old American electric cook top. Don't buy it for induction, and I wouldn't really recommend it for gas either. A plain old hammered steel wok would be a better choice for a gas stove. And "woking" on an induction stove is going to be hard no matter what pan you have. You can do a lot better than this pan, but not in this price range.