Wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread with this programmable bread machine. Simply add the ingredients, choose from several options using the touch-pad controls, and it takes care of the rest. It will mix the ingredients, knead the dough, let it rise, and bake it to perfection--soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Choose from 12 preprogrammed menu options; 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound loaf sizes; and three crust settings--light, medium, or dark. Other highlights include a 13-hour delay-start timer, a removable lid with a viewing window, power-failure backup, sturdy stay-cool handles, and a removable kneading paddle and bread pan for easy cleanup. Accessories include a measuring cup, a measuring spoon, and foolproof recipes for gluten-free breads, as well as jams and sauces. Mix-ins must be added at the very beginning of the cycle with other basic ingredient. With its modern design and embossed logo, the bread machine measures 18 by 12-1/5 by 15 inches.
From the Manufacturer
| Nothing says “home” like warm, just-baked bread. With this programmable automatic breadmaker from Cuisinart, all you have to do is add ingredients and select the time you’d like it to start the process. The breadmaker mixes it, kneads it, and bakes it. It also come with lots of bread recipes, as well as recipes for pastries and jams. You’ll discover you’ve bought yourself much more than a breadmaker (while still enjoying the lovely smell and taste of homemade bread). For safety, this unit is equipped with a power failure backup system. In case of any disruption of power supply, the unit will store in memory the stage of bread making cycle and resume once power is restored. The power back up feature can maintain memory for a power failure up to 15 minutes. And for easy clean up, the removable pan and paddle, cup, and spoon are dishwasher safe. The removable lid and touchpad control wipe clean with a damp cloth; fewer crevices make the unit easier to clean. || |
Easy-to-Use Control Panel
| || |
- LCD Display: Displays loaf size and crust color selection along with the current function. Also used to view menu selection and delay start timer, which allows you to delay the bread-making process up to 13 hours.
- Loaf Size Button: Selects a 1-pound, 1-1/2-pound, or 2-pound loaf.
- Crust Color Button: Selects a light, medium or dark crust.
- Menu Button: Selects program.
- Program List: Lists the first 11 preprogrammed menu selections: use the menu button to select from this list:
- Basic/White: The white bread cycle uses primarily white flour.
- French/Italian: French/Italian breads require special timing and temperatures to achieve that wonderful crispy, nicely browned crust.
- Whole Wheat Bread: This is a yeast bread made with a significant portion of whole wheat flour (50% or more). Breads made from whole wheat flour are more nutritious because the flour is milled from the entire wheat berry (including the bran and the germ). Using whole wheat flour produces a bread that is brown to dark brown in color (when all the whole wheat flour is used).
- Sweet Bread: The sweet bread program is specifically designed to bake breads with high amounts of sugar, fats, and proteins. These added ingredients tend to increase browning of the finished loaves.
- Gluten Free: One in approximately 100 people has an allergy or sensitivity to gluten. Since gluten is found in most flours used in traditional bread making, the ingredients to create gluten free breads are unique. While they are “yeast breads”, the doughs are generally wet and have a batter-like consistency. It is also important not over-mix or over-knead gluten free doughs. There is only one rise, and due to the high moisture content, baking time is increased. Mix-ins must be added at the very beginning of the cycle with other basic ingredients.
- Packaged Mix: This program is for prepackaged yeast bread mixes--the 1-1/2 and 2 pound dough mixes work best.
- Cake/Quick Bread: Cake-like in texture, and referred to as batter breads in some cookbooks, these are usually baked in a shaped pan such as a muffin tin or loaf pan. They get their leavening from baking powder, baking soda, and eggs. Mix-ins must be added at the very beginning of the cycle with other basic ingredients. If a quick bread is a little moist on top when baking is complete (moisture will depend on ingredients of the quick bread), leave it in the bread maker for an extra 10 to 15 minutes with no heat, and it will continue baking.
- Dough: There are two ways to prepare dough in the bread maker if you wish to bake it in a conventional oven. One way is by using the Dough cycle. It mixes ingredients, kneads and takes the dough through the first rise cycle. It is appropriate for almost any dough recipe (except gluten free) and ideal for pizza dough. It is intended that dough will be removed, deflated, and shaped by hand and allowed to rise 1 or 2 more times out of the bread maker. Alternatively, you can choose a specific bread type from the menu options, and remove the dough when the signal before the last rise sounds.
- Pasta Dough: The pasta dough program mixes and kneads pasta dough perfectly. It is intended for the dough to be removed and rested. Once rested the dough can either be rolled by hand or placed through a pasta roller.
- Jams: The breadmaker is a great cooking environment for homemade jams and chutneys. The paddle automatically keeps the ingredients stirring through the process. The heating element is placed in a way that the contents of the pot will not get burned. Recipes are included in the Instruction Book.
- Bake-Only: This activates the breadmaker for bake function only, and can be set in 10 minutes intervals up to 90 minutes. You can use this setting if you want the finished loaf to have darker crust or to bake store-purchased doughs.
- Rapid Bake: The rapid cycle must be used with a recipe using rapid rise yeast, or the bread will not rise and bake properly.
- Delay Start Timer Buttons: Set the delay start timer.
- Start/Stop Button: Starts and stops the bread maker process
- Mix-Ins: During the last 8 minutes of the second kneading cycle for several on selected programs an audible signal of 5 short beeps will sound to remind you to add any additional ingredients your recipe requires (such as nuts and seeds, raisins and dried fruits, shredded chesses, chocolate morsels).
- After Mixing/Kneading is completed there will be an audible signal of 6 short beeps, before the last rise cycle, indicating the point at which the mixing/kneading is complete. At this point in the bread making process you have the option of removing the kneading paddle, to avoid a small hole in the bottom of your baked loaf, and/or re-shaping the dough, though neither is necessary.
There will be a series of 15 beeps to signal the end of the baking cycle: the bread display window will read 00:00 and the unit will be in the Warm Cycle. Your bread will be kept warm for 60 minutes to prevent it from becoming soggy. For optimal results, we recommend removing the loaf as soon as the baking cycle is complete and letting it cool on a baking rack. All breads slice best when allowed to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes before slicing.
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long. Specialty items, like this programmable breadmaker, offer today’s consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Today’s relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
Frequently Bought Together