5.0 out of 5 stars A serious -- and almost perfect -- breadmaker
I bought this breadmaker for my wife for Christmas. She uses it at least twice a week, and so far has truly loved it. She likes making beer bread and cinnamon raisin bread, and every loaf she's made has been big, aromatic, and absolutely delicious. Have you ever looked for Texas toast to make that killer French Toast for breakfast? This machine - which makes some...
Published on February 21, 2006 by MiddleAgedReviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its reviews
I have used many bread makers from different manufacturers over the years, with the most significant improvement's being the addition of special cycles for lower gluten breads. As I usually make rye, whole wheat, and pumpernickel loaves, this has resulted in much more predictable and higher quality results.

My penultimate machine was a Williams-Sonoma branded...
Published on January 27, 2007 by Dave

‹ Previous | 141 42 4365 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Bread Maker!!!, June 8, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Pound Convection Automatic Breadmaker (Kitchen)
I purchased this for my mother for Mother's Day. I already own one myself and have had it for about a year. It makes wonderful bread. I think it turns out best with the crust setting on light and I prefer the boxed bread mixes and my own recipes over the ones in the book. I tried a few of their recipes when I first got mine (I don't remember which ones) and they just seemed kinda dense and dry. But I have yet to have a bad loaf with the mixes and my own recipes, it comes out perfect every time and I love that you can just start it in the morning and come home to fresh bread. It is quite large, but it is well worth the space that it takes up in the kitchen. I just leave mine on the countertop because I use it several times a week, I don't even buy bread in the store anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bread machine, February 23, 2012
Love it. I own three bread makers. I love this one. Especially the convection oven features. Makes perfect bread and doughs.
Very pleased with this maker. Have made dozens of loafs. Everyone compliments on the flavor and crust. Highly recommend owning this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade in a Bread Maker, February 12, 2012
IMNSHO "Diane" (Upstate NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Decades before homemade bread became in vogue, I was baking breads for my family. I can boast a 10 year old sourdough (yes, it does make sense to keep a SD going because it can take weeks to make a good one), and usually I no longer follow a recipe. I simply gauge the weather, my mood, and my ingredients (not necessarily in that order) and then start from there. If I run out of ideas, I browse through my ridiculously large collection of bread cookbooks. I use my Bosch Universal Mixer for my hefty loaves.

When my daughter, the non-bread baker, expressed interest in making homemade bread for her family, I was delighted. I researched as best I could all the available bread machines in the market. Ultimately, I decided on the Cuisinart 2 lb convection autmatic breadmaker. It has many important features I believe are important for a bread machine: bake-only mode, dough-only mode, pause, delayed start, plenty of programmed settings, including one for artisan bread, convection baking and an exceptional 3 year warranty. The price point is excellent.

Fast forward two weeks - my daughter has used the Cuisinart just about every other day. While her loaves may not be picture perfect, a la hand shaped loaves, she has made light whole wheat, white, and most recently a fabulous 100% whole wheat bread. The crumb is good; and the crust is baked to the setting she chooses. Most importantly, she no longer buys supermarket bread.

Yes, I can highly recommend the Cuisinart. In fact, I just ordered a second one for my younger daughter, the bread-baker, for those days when she simply doesn't have time to enjoy baking bread from scratch and for summer days when turning on a hot oven makes no sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great appliance, January 30, 2012
I read a lot of reviews before I purchased my first bread making machine. What initially attracted me to this one was the fact that it would produce glueten free bread. I have only made a loaf of the regular white bread that came in the recipe book provided but it was easy easy easy and the loaf was wonderful. I made a 2 lb loaf and am going to try the 1 1/2 pound loaf next time. The two pound loaf when sliced stuck out of the toaster about 2 inches. I love my new machine!

4.0 out of 5 stars bread making couldn't be easier, January 29, 2012
This is my first bread machine so all I can compare it with is making bread by hand. I started baking bread 20 years ago. I'm not an expert bread maker but I can turn out a decent loaf of simple bread by hand. I found the process of bread making to be therapeutic. Kneading, mixing, punching down dough, and turning out a final product that filled the house with great smells and delivered appreciation from family and friends that I shared the bread with was my motivation. As great as it is to make bread by hand it is also a time-consuming and labor-intensive process. After a conversation with my wife about bread I decided to bake a loaf and we realized that I hadn't baked any in several years. It had been so long since we made bread that we no longer have bread pans. A few moves across the country and you lose things. We planned on picking up some new bread pans, bread flour, and yeast to bake some bread. A friend of mine suggested instead that we get a machine. I have always thought that bread machines couldn't create bread with the texture you get by hand-kneading and caring for the dough. Also, there would be no mixing, kneading, monitoring the rise, etc. which was all part of the therapeutic benefit for me. We decided to get a bread machine because I don't need as much therapy as I did when I was younger and the recommendation from our friend was convincing.

So we bought this Cuisinart because of brand reputation, appearance, the ability to make large 2 lb loaves, and price. It sits next to another ss Cuisinart appliance so my wife doesn't mind it staying on the counter. this is a good thing because it is fairly large and taking it in and out of the cupboard would be a pain and the end result would be that we used it less often or not at all. We've found that 2 lb loaves are too big and would rather have a smaller machine than the ability to make 2 lb loaves. A smaller machine would take up less counter space and also make stowing in a cupboard a better option.

The internal pan is teflon-lined and after using a butter knife to coax a loaf out after baking the teflon scratched off. I suspect the loaf pan will not remain non-stick for long. This is a concern but not a problem yet.

The menu is easy to navigate and the machine is quiet enough.

Unfortunately ours came with a small dent in the front ss panel included for free. The packaging was solid so I assume this dent happened at the factory. Not encouraging but the dent doesn't bother me and my wife.

I love this machine. The loaves I baked have all turned out beautifully and clean up is a wipe down procedure. It looks good on the counter and seems to be built well.

If you are considering a bread maker I recommend it. I can also recommend this machine in particularly.

I took one star off for the suspect QC that delivered a dented product and the flimsy teflon on the pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, January 26, 2012
The delivery was great and the product is super. I have enjoyed making bread the last few days. The superior quality of the machine was well worth purchasing and a time saver. Thank you Shirley Hogan

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Bread! Great Machine!, January 26, 2012
I received a refurbished machine as a Christmas gift, and I absolutely love it. All of the recipes I've made that came directly from the book that comes with it have come out delicious and perfect. The best loaves I've made were the french bread and the basic honey whole wheat. Other recipes, on the other hand, have been hit and miss. The first two loaves I made were from mixes that were given to me, and they came out waaay overbaked but edible. I have also tried some recipes that I found online that turned out so-so, but they're not necessarily optimized for my machine. I think that most of the problems I've been having are due to user error, since I'm not an experienced baker. I've found that sometimes the water to flour ratio can be off, especially with American volume measurements (cups) since the actual amount of flour can vary from cup to cup. I've tried to rectify this problem by converting cups to grams (volume to weight) first using a kitchen scale for better accuracy. If flour is sticking in the corners and not getting mixed, it's usually because the dough is too dry. Adding water helps. If the loaves are not rising, it's always the yeast. Try proofing the yeast first, or buy new yeast and try again.

This product gets four stars because it does everything it claims to do and the quality of materials are on par with the ~$100 price tag. If it lasts at least 3 years making bread two times a week, it will deserve five stars, in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, Excellent!, January 20, 2012
Carolyn F (APPLETON, WI, US) - See all my reviews
I have only had this breadmaker for about a month. So far, so good. Loaves rise well, & it is very quiet. It is very solid. I like the fact that it beeps, when it is safe to remove the paddle.

5.0 out of 5 stars no going back, January 12, 2012
j'adore mon machine à pain!! there is no going back to supermarket bread....just my bread and the boulangerie francais.
fast, simple and easy to use-

5.0 out of 5 stars Great User Friendly Product, November 11, 2011
I have had this machine for a little over a month, and have made about 15 loaves of bread. There were certainly a few that came out less than perfect to start with, but as you learn how to use the machine, you end up with great tasting bread every time. Making sure you follow directions and use the right ingredients is key. I was hesitant after reading several of the reviews, but most of the issues appear to be user error. The metal clips that hold the bread pan in place are somewhat of a conern as they are not perfectly aligned on my unit, but I haven't had any issues with the pan coming loose while kneading. Overall I am very pleased with this product and would reccomend it.

‹ Previous | 141 42 4365 | Next ›