5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH BETTER THAN THE CCJ-100 - IT STAYS IN PLACE!!
Published on June 29, 2011 by Jennifer

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow slow slow
Published 15 months ago by Tommie

5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH BETTER THAN THE CCJ-100 - IT STAYS IN PLACE!!, June 29, 2011
Jennifer (Virginia Beach VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer, Brushed Stainless (Kitchen)
I purchased this juicer to juice lemons and limes so that I wouldn't have to use my "hand held squeeze" juicer anymore. It works great and it gets almost all of the fruit out of the rind and it produces a larger amount of juice than compared to my hand juicer. Personally I wouldn't suggest using it to juice a large amount of fruit at a time set at the "lowest" pulp setting because the pulp catcher fills up fast and you would have to continuously clean it. This works perfectly for what I purchased it for. It stays in place too unlike like the Cuisinart CCJ-100 and it looks nice on the counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price!, December 16, 2012
It's simple and it works. I've read all the reviews and the main complains appear to be difficulty in cleaning and noisiness. I would disagree on both regards. The parts that are exposed to juice and pulp can all be taken apart, rinsed, and tossed in the dishwasher. No problems whatsoever. It does make noise, but nothing I could call annoying. Definitely not as loud as a blender.

How it works:

-Slice fruit in half.
-Press fruit down firmly on top of juicer. You can lift up momentarily and the juicer reverses the direction for better juicing.
-After about 15-30 seconds, your fruit half is completely juiced. Nothing left inside but the rind.
-Juice drains out the front spout.
-After juicing about a pound of fruit, you have to use the "final spin" feature, by putting the cover on and pressing the whole unit down. This activates a dryer-like spin cycle and squeezes lots of remaining juice from the pulp.

How much juice does it get:

This was my primary concern in purchasing a juicer. I hate to waste! To me it seems this juicer gets pretty much every last drop of juice out of the fruit. There is literally no fruit left inside the rind after it juices it. The only waste is what cannot be squeezed out of the pulp during the "spin cycle", which is not very much. First time using it, I juiced 4 pounds of oranges and got about 4 cups of juice. (FWIW, 1 US Cup of water weighs 0.52 lbs, so you're getting roughly half of the fruit turned into juice by weight. This of course includes the rind weight too.)

Cleanup:

Simple. Take off the cover, juicer, and juice catcher. No silly attachments to work with, they just lift off. Rotate the juicer part to separate it. Rinse off all pieces and toss them in the dishwasher. Cleanup done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! An affordable citrus juicer that doesn't s**k!, August 27, 2011
I like to keep a bottle of fresh-squeezed lemon juice in the fridge for making lemonade, other drinks, and for cooking - let's face it, concentrated lemon juice you get in the store is lousy (and that's being nice). But I'm not willing to pay $50 to $100 or more for fresh juice, and the more versatile juicers out there don't do as good a job with lemons as a dedicated citrus juicer.

I've ordered and set back several basic citrus juicers (including the earlier Cuisinart incarnation, the CCJ-100), looking for something that does its job and isn't a piece of junk. I've finally found it. The motor is sturdy enough to withstand a good amount of downward pressure without choking, and has lasted at least through several large bags of lemons (my only complaint about the CCJ-100 was that it wore out within a short timeframe, and the motor started screaming - definitely on its last legs). Like the 100, this model has a nice watertight spout that holds the juice without spilling a drop until you are ready to dispense. It also has a more stable footprint (a chief complaint about the 100 from other users), a pulp selector for three levels of pulp, and a spin feature that extracts juice that normally stays in the pulp.

Since it's a new model I wasn't able to find a better deal than $30, but it's worth it to have a product that works. No complaints!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, Easy to Use Juicer, September 11, 2011
For the current price of $29.95 this is a very good juicer. My typical use involves juicing an entire bag of oranges (8 - 10) in one session, several times a week. Though small, it is powerful and the rotating hub has never stopped under the pressure I've applied to it. The spin reversing feature works well also. I like the high speed feature to get the last drops of juice out of the pulp.
Only slight negative: it can be harder than one would expect to clean all of the pulp out of it. After scrubbing with a soapy Dobie pad, I'll still find pulp pieces on it after it's dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars What are those negative reviewers even thinking??!!, January 13, 2014
Over the years, I have tried every way of juicing oranges that one can imagine: The little plastic ones you get in a supermarket; the pretty glass ones you get at Macy's; the big, steel ones you can hardly lift that are hard to clean after you've finished, etc etc. I've tried them all. Except for those industrial, expensive, triple-figure gizmos you see at the health food store or behind the counter at a deli, I can tell you that this machine is the best you can buy. (No hype here; I don't work for the company! LOL). Start with the weight -- Fairly light. Next, the motor -- ample power to get the job done. You adjust the settings to low or high pulp and you're ready to go. You simply hold the half-orange over the cone and press down. The cone spins. You notice lots of juice immediately. Squeeze the sides of the orange firmly as the cone spins and then you let up for a quick second and the cone reverses direction! More fresh, delicious juice pours into the glass. Continue and as you press, keep a little pressure on the sides of the orange until there is not much left but rind. Finally... it only gets better: You put the juicer cover on, press down lightly and it spins, faster and faster until it drains all the remaining juice into your glass! Get yourself a little scrub brush or a big toothbrush and run the three parts under water for a minute and it's ready to go next morning! In my opinion, for the price this is the best juicer on the market today.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow slow slow, May 28, 2013
I have an ancient Oster juicer that runs circles around this one. I wanted to use the Cuisinart as my primary juicer and have the Oster as a backup if necessary. I can't think of a single feature I prefer over my oldie but goodie. I want ALL the pulp and it traps a lot of it. Getting most of it is a chore. Tomorrow, I'll give it one more chance. If it doesn't measure up, I'll pack it away and give it to someone who will think it's awesome. It's back to eBay for another Oster if I can be so lucky. I'll update tomorrow whether it's pro or con.

Update:
I decided not to prolong the agony. I can't think of anyone I dislike enough to gift with this poor excuse for a juicer. I've changed the rating to one star because the only redeeming quality is that's it's pretty. Last night, I printed off a return label and will return this to its former home. It will cost me to do that but this one would be taking up space I need for something else, otherwise. I consider it a life lesson.

eBay had another Oster juicer that I'm absolutely hooked on (1987 model #3183). It was a Buy It Now for $7 plus shipping. It will be on its way today. If it had been available two days ago, I wouldn't have gotten the Cuisinart. I need to learn to be more patient and wait. That's less expensive in the long run.

1.0 out of 5 stars Virtually Useless Warranty, March 6, 2012
I bought this Cuisinart juicer less than three months ago, just before Christmas 2011, based primarily on the "4-year warranty" that came with it. Well, it suddenly started spinning uncontrollably and, no matter what I tried, there was no way of stopping the motor short of unplugging the machine. I contacted Cuisinart customer service and was told that the warranty was not a "full" warranty and that a replacement juicer would be sent to me only if I agreed to pay a $10.00 shipping charge. In view of the base price of this item, I told the representative that this was simply unacceptable and that I would never buy a Cuisinart product again. I rated this item 1-star, rather than zero, only because I was able to use it again after attaching it to an external switch which allows to me to turn off the motor without unplugging the machine. This is not the way it is supposed to work but provides a solution to the problem until the motor ultimately fails, at which time this juicer will go into the trashcan, where it belongs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to clean, November 4, 2011
RJ (Northern Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This juicer was our second try at a decent machine for my wife's birthday. The first was the Tribest Citristar Juicer, which had an incredibly small hole in the spout that clogged after the first glass of juice. So, partially relying on the Cuisinart brand, we tried the CCJ-500.

The result? The motor is much weaker than the Tribest and cleanup is almost impossible. What Cuisinart calls "pulp control" is really a tiny black pulp basket with hundreds of tiny holes that are impossible to get all of the pulp out of. We had to take a toothpick and poke through hole after hole to get this thing cleaned. Needless to say, it's being returned. What passes for industrial design these days is terrible. Don't companies test these products with consumers anymore before putting stuff like this on the shelves? What a waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, effective, adjusts pulp, no bitter taste. excellent, November 20, 2011
I didn't buy at amazon but wanted to write a review because of how much I love this juicer. It's very reasonably priced and makes wonderful juice. I like a lot of pulp and this has an adjustment that I put on max and it works great. The base of the juicer does not move at all like previous models. It gets all of the juice without any bitterness from the skin. I was looking at one of the juice presses for around $100 and read a review of how some bitterness gets into the juice if you press too hard which I'm sure I would do. My favorite feature is the turbo speed where you put the plastic cover on and press down and it spins very fast and gets out the last bit of juice and it really works. I bought some organic juice oranges at whole foods and they aren't cheap so I want to get all the juice. I'm sure juicy sweet tangerines would work great with this too. I just rinse out under the faucet after each use and that works fine. This is easy to use, works great, easy to clean and don't forget to use the turbo speed to get the last bit of juice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine at first, now problematic; noisy, cleaning not the easiest, September 19, 2011
The motor is advertised to reverse when the fruit is lifted, but after using just over 5 pounds of lemons, the motor has begun reversing itself repeatedly sometimes, too fast to remove the juice. Removing the fruit a number of times and after a few cycles of this "herky-jerky" motion, it seems to be OK for a time, but will soon do the same thing again. Cuisinart's "so-called warranty" will require sending them $10 to repair the unit and send it back, BAD SERVICE. Also, if you forget to rinse out the pulp right away, you'll have to soak the strainer parts for some time to loosen it all. Even then, it's not an easy removal. I gave it 2 stars now because it juices fairly well, but appears to be poorly engineered/manufactured.

Rate and Discover Movies