Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Style Name: Tabletop|Change

on December 30, 2011
Our beach condo is bound by a law forbidding any but electric grills. Most grills reviewed indicate a lack of heating ability. When we bought our first grill we found it to be worthless. This one, purchased when our true griller son was visiting is EXCELLENT! Even sears steaks! We even have to lower the heat. Although it appears unable to grill much at a time, he did 5 large ribeyes at one time with no problem. Would definitely recommend this grill and it's not expensive!
on June 29, 2012
We received this grill as a wedding gift when we moved into our apartment. Since we can't have gas this was a great alternative.

Pros:
-It heats up quickly
-has great heat distribution
-great size for a couple even to have a few friends over
-compact size for a patio or balcony
-grill part comes off easily to clean off (would be great if it was dishwasher safe, I'll have to look)

Cons:
-Short cord (although this is most likely a safety feature)
-seems like it takes a longer time to cook than normal
-definitely does not fit 8-10 chicken breasts as stated! Those must be tiny breasted chickens!
-a pain to clean under the heating element and the drip tray is hard to clean out
-the grill slats have a lot of space in between-veggies slip under!
-short height. My husband and I are short so this is ok for us, anyone 5'6 and over it's a little low for you ;-p

Overall for my husband and I, it's a great option for our apartment. It would be great to bring to a camp site that might have outdoor plugs like some do or if you have an RV, without the gas though it's not as useful or versatile.
on September 6, 2011
Got this grill for my apartment balcony, because I cannot use propane or charcoal grills due to city ordinance. Very easy to put together, took less than a minute. Just needed to snap in the feet, and plug in the probe. I plugged it in and it heated up over 500 degrees in about 10 minutes. I cooked steaks, and was able to get some great sear marks. I am very impressed with the ease of use and cooking performance of this product. I would highly recommend this product
review image
on October 8, 2012
Originally we purchased this grill to carry on camping trips on our Motorhome. We wanted to replace one that used propane and would constantly get blown out due to the wind. I thought I'd use it on the patio for a few days to try it out. We found that it worked so well that we didn't want to part with it on the patio so we bought a 2nd one for the Motorhome. It's a great smoker and couldn't be more pleased with it!
on September 30, 2011
This is an "okay" grill. It doesn't brown meats particularly well, and it is not super easy to clean. But it looks good, and the size is good for 1.5 people. You would have to do multiple batches for many more people. The grease catcher doesn't come apart to clean, which makes it a little awkward. I think if we use wood chunks, we may get some of the charcoal grilling flavor that we miss without them. I'm not sure this grill is worth the price.
on June 29, 2013
We loved this grill for four months -- then it died. The controller burnt out in the middle of cooking. Can't return to Amazon and after repeated attempts to contact Cuisinart, we have been totally ignored. We have other Cuisinart products and love them. This grill just does not meet their quality standards and has turned out to be an expensive piece of garbage.

Update: I finally got a hold of a Cuisinart representative and they did stand behind their warranty and replaced the grill.
on August 15, 2011
this item stopped working properly after 1 use. Way too expensive for just an electric coil that doesn't get hot enough. This item should sell for $50, not $170. Not easy to clean as heating element screws in, so you have to break out the screwdriver after each use to remove heating element to clean the base unit. Drip tray is not easy to clean, either. The unit looks nice, but just not very functional and I don't recommend this product.
on June 23, 2013
All you need to know is that it will not sear a steak. The legs are useless unless you like cooking from your hips. If you live in a apartment and need a electric grill, Buy the Weber 140 or 240. You will get what you paid for and more. Believe me, I learned the hard way. I went through three brands of electric grills before I spent the money on the Weber. Nuff said.
on May 28, 2013
I am a charcoal woman through and through, but since moving to Arizona, I have had to convert to electric. I tried the Foreman bbq grill and was nor impressed. So this time around I decided to do my homework and find the right grill. I can across this grill after looking to a few months, and decided to jump in and buy it.

I had this guy overnighted and couldn't wait to slap a few steaks and ribs on the Barbe. At first I was afraid it would not have that grill taste, but with the way the fat drips off the meat and vaporizes inside the grill, you do get a bbq taste. I add liquid smoke to my marinade to give it a charcoal flavor.

I have bbq'd steak, chicken, veggies, and beef ribs on this little guy and they were all tasty! The clean up is a bit of a pain, but I find the Clorox wipes are the easiest to clean up after use. I would say that I would recommend this device!
review image review image review image
on May 6, 2013
The grill gets the job done, however it is extremely messy. The drip tray is silly and catches minimal grease. We grilled burgers and had to put a big mat under the grill because the grease was dripping all over. The grill itself was pretty easy to clean though.