Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart CFO-3SS Electric Fondue Maker
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 24, 2006
Being a fondue lover, when I first saw this new Cuisinart electric fondue maker, I had an "Aha!" moment, and purchased the pot looking forward to a future of only using those smelly little sterno cans for nicely subdued pink outdoor lighting, (yes...I am kidding), instead of heating my food. At first blush, this Item has some great features. Large pot, detachable cord, easy clean nonstick interior, full immersability and variable heating temperatures. Now for the bad news. The pot does not detach from the ever so immense and functional stand, making it a very large pot indeed. difficult to store, almost impossible to refrigerate in newer center split refrigerators that have smaller shelf space....like mine. Tres cumbersome. The cord is extremely short, almost always calling for an additional extension cord. Fabulous if you like that industrial look while dining or entertaining, unfortunate if you don't. The worst flaw? The tendency to heat unevenly dang it! Because the heat is concentrated around the widely spaced heating elements on the bottom of the pot, we have noticed that this is creating marks in the non stick surface and overcooked areas and even burns the cheese at the bottom of the pot. Quelle horreur! Now we see clearly why this pot is non-stick. It has to be if there is even a remote chance of getting the burnt bits off without using dynamite. We tried far lower temperature settings,or even varying the temperature, thinking this would remedy the problem, but then instead of the one true hot, gooey, melty fondue, we ended up with semi-chilled, semi melted cheese lumps. Not as appetizing as you might think. No doubt, a better product for oil than cheese or chocolate. Also, No lid sigh...Well, I guess you can't have everything, but this Cuisinart fondue pot is sleek and pretty and burnt bits or not, at least I'm only using the left over sterno for "candle-lit" baths until it runs out (...yes...I am kidding again). However, I am still looking for a better fondue pot.
2828 comments|738 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2005
If you like fondue, but find Sterno fuel a pain to use, not to mentioned potentially dangerous... you will love this fondue pot... Just plug it in, turn the knob to the setting you desire and put in the make fondue! Couldn't be easier!

While the power cord is rather short, just get an extension and all is right with the world... And for those concerned that someone tripping over the cord could cause a big mess... forget it... The cord has a megnetic connector that holds it to the thermostat, which incidentally unplugs from the pot itself for cleaning, If someone were to trip over the cord, it just comes undone and all you have to do is set it back in place and the magnet reconnects it... Brilliant!

Oh, and the non-stick surface is great... Those old ceramic fondue pots were a chore to clean... Just wipe this one out with a soft sponge with soap and water and your done!

Yes, Fondue is back and this pot could keep it here to stay this time around!
33 comments|240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2004
Update 3/19/11:

Since introducing my kids to the joys of fondue for dinner last summer, they've wanted to have fondue for every special occasion. After borrowing a friend's Rival fondue pot, which is similar to the Cuisinart one, we decided to buy a second pot since one wasn't quite enough for 5 hungry people trying to cook two items at once! Since my brother-in-law wanted to get us a Christmas gift, I told him to get the Rival one since it's cheaper (I didn't feel right asking him to spend more money on the Cuisinart since my friend's Rival pot was fine when we used it for chocolate fondue and my Cuisinart for the oil-based meat course). Well, the shrimp and steak stuck to the bottom of the Rival pot once it reached temperature, but it never did with my Cuisinart! It cleaned up just as easily, but it made me wish we'd asked for another Cuisinart. If you are choosing between the two, definitely go for Cuisinart! In the meantime I will be researching how to keep meats from sticking to the non-stick Rival.

Original Review (thanks for all the helpful votes!!):

I got this fondue set as a wedding gift and tried it out for the first time last night. It heats quickly and evenly, and the ability to dial the temperature in .5 stops from 1 to 10 is very helpful. It's a nice large size, so larger fondues for a big crowd are no problem (you could easily double small recipes). We made the chocolate hazelnut fondue recipe that came with the set and it was fabulous! Best of the four recipes we made last night. The removable top has 6 slotted "rests" for the fondue forks, although we didn't need it since we were just dipping. One thing to be aware of is that the cord is pretty short, but if you have a heavy-duty extension cord then that's no problem. I highly recommend this fondue set! It's great as a gift or a self-indulgence!
22 comments|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2007
Ok, so I read all the reviews and almost didn't buy it because some said it didn't regulate it correctly. Well i had a fondue party last night for 15 people and i bought 2 of these cuisinart pots! I did make the fondues on the stove and transfer them to the pots once they were done, but i found they had excellent capacity and worked perfectly. I did a cheese fondue, a chocolate fondue and a caramel fondue and I kept them around 2-3 temp level as suggested in the directions for maintaining temp. If it started to bubble too much, turned it down. Just like any cooking, you have to watch the pot. But they worked Amazing. They heated up as soon as you plug them in, which was perfect for transferring so there was no lag time. the consistency was great on all the fondues, and it stayed that way for hours. You just have to stir it every once in while,just like on the stove. Chocolate and cheese are particularly finicky. And if you don't stay on top of them, and you get a burn patch, it will kill your whole batch. But that has nothing to do with the pot. That's the cook!. I'm a chef and my instructer from culinary school was there too and we were both thrilled with how easy they were to use & clean .
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
Last night my partner and I celebrated one month of being together (childish and corny, you say? Mayhaps...) and I needed something amazing to surprise her. Initially I wanted to take her to The Melting Pot, but that place is wicked expensive and she's all against spending too much money. So I figured I'd buy a fondue maker so we could enjoy fondue as often as we want and paying a tiny fraction of what we would by eating out. After looking at several reviews for multiple fondue makers, I chose this one because I needed to make sure I got the best one I could for our night to be perfect.

It did not disappoint.

I'm a total noob with regards to fondue (or cooking, for that matter) but this little pot was ridiculously easy to use and it came with really handy instructions and recipes. I'm the type to not read manuals, but this one was actually useful, to the point and uncomplicated. Also, contrary to other reviews, I didn't find any odd/cold spots at all. The oil cooked our food just fine and the chocolate covered our fruits nicely and thickly, regardless of where you placed them.

Another plus is how easy it is to clean. I don't know about other pots, but this one cleans just like it were a big cereal bowl.

And, just in case you were wondering, our night was unforgettable thanks to the little pot and the intimacy that being home brought to the table (as opposed to having to shout at each other over the voices of the other guests at an expensive restaurant). So, all in all, I highly recommend this cute little fondue pot to anyone, even to the noobs like me! (:
review image
on November 16, 2005
We gave our new Cuisinart electric fondue pot a trial run last night. AWESOME!!! I love this thing. Prepped the whole meal in the fondue pot without transferring from the stovetop, great temp control, easy clean up, no cheese solids/oil separation, plus it looks really nice.

Another nice thing was that, after 1/2 hour of prep, my wife, our 18 month old daughter, and a friend who was visiting from out of town and I sat down around the Cuisinart pot at 6:30 PM and stayed dipping, nibbling and visiting for nearly 2 hours. My normally hyper daughter engaged with us the entire time. She really liked watching the bread being dipped in the pot. This is how family traditions get started.

The Cuisinart cookbook suggested a real "duh, that's brilliant" idea. My other recipes have me adding a cornstarch/water mixture to the cheese to help thicken it. Cuisinart suggests tossing the cornstarch (and dry mustard) with the shredded cheese before adding it to the simmering wine. Beautiful blend without lumps.

This is an fantastic product. Our older, sterno flame fondue pots are headed toward the rummage sale pile.
on January 7, 2007
As most of the earlier reviewers have mentioned the electrical cord provided is so short as to render the fondue pot unusable without an extension cord. But, the instructions state that an extension cord should not be used with it! Of course everyone is going to ignore this bit of warning. The real concern would be using an extension cord that is not heavy-duty enough. But use of an appropriately heavy-duty cord will give your fondue meal or party an interesting industrial look.

Other than this electrical cord flaw, we really enjoy using this product, yellow heavy-duty extension cord and all.
on October 30, 2007
I researched this product as well as others that were comparable and a little cheaper. So far, it has been great. The fondue pot is durable and the forks are sturdy. I used it for a dinner party and it went over very well. The instruction manual is easy to read and includes recipes, cooking tips, and cooking temperature recommendations. Although the recipes don't include a serving size, I would estimate it to be about 6 because there was a little too much left-over for a serving for 4 people. It was easy to clean and dishwasher safe. I would completely recommend this product to anyone looking for an entry level fondue pot.
on October 3, 2006
This is all you could ever want in a Fondue pot. So much so, I bought two of them! It heats up quickly, cools down quickly and absolutely nothing sticks. As another reviewer stated, "Goodbye Sterno!" Works equally well with cheese, meats and seafood.
on January 10, 2007
Great product. Easy to use. Heats up quickly and efficiently.

We used it New year's eve. The only problem the power cord is too short.

You definitely need an extension cord for it. Easy cleaning.

Tip: If you are using oil for your fondue, put half a raw potato inside the oil. It'll help with the splattering.