Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day

Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand
Style Name: With StandColor: RedChange
Price:$146.08+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 2, 2011
Having read all the conflicting reviews on this grill I was totally confused. I received this grill as a present and was quite concerned that my friend might have wasted her money. I grill a lot on larger gas grills but have never worked on a small portable one, and I do not have the patience to use charcoal.

Here is what it is not: A 3 burner Weber gas grill -- but then it does not pretend to be. Anyone buying this with the anticipation that it will perform with the speed and flexibility of a larger grill will likely be disappointed.

Here is what it is: A very good portable gas grill that takes a minute or two longer to cook steaks, hamburgers, kabobs, chicken, hot dogs etc. It heats up fast, is easy to start and clean and is extremely portable. I liked it a lot and will use it a great deal this summer. To have a grill that is easily transportable and will work off of small tanks of propane is terrific.

I have no idea what all of these raging and conflicting reviews are about, but if you want a good portable gas grill that is easy to work on -- this is it.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 7, 2011
After reading all these glowing reviews, I was expecting the fire of the gods. When it came, my Cuisinart grill was a total disappointment. Can't get hot enough to grill a steak, half the grill surface only gets "warm."

I went back to file my review, and looked more closely at the five star reviews of this product. NOT ONE OF THEM HAS EVER REVIEWED ANOTHER PRODUCT ON AMAZON.

Go back in my review history and you'll see I do my best to post my honest experience with a variety of products (in this category I've also reviewed my beloved Smokin' Tex smoker a couple years ago). So I'm not just one of Cuisinart's employees, taking an afternoon to establish a bunch of phony Amazon identities and post a bunch of fluff about my company's product.

On the plus side, this grill is made as durably as many in its segment. But you'll be better off popping for a Weber Q or even one of Cuisinart's better tabletop models. They make one called the all-foods grill that is much better, and a tabletop charcoal grill that's pretty nice too. There are a variety of other manufacturers making portable models that range from crappy to quite good and cheap to very expensive.

This particular Cuisinart went back to the store, and I chose a Weber Q tabletop model instead. It had less of a discount, but it does a much better job. If I'd had more money I'd have gone with a Napoleon Freestyle--that one can actually double as your main grill at home. It's one of the expensive ones, but if it's going to be your only grill it just might be worth it for you. Coleman makes a portable grill with a folding stand and wheels so you can pull the whole thing around like airport luggage. Pretty cool--but doesn't get hot enough to grill properly. I wish Weber would introduce the rollabout folding stand on its Q grill so it would have the same freestanding, rollabout portability as the Coleman.

But even if you go with Cuisinart's better portable model, you can do better than this portable grill. If I were to buy a Cuisinart, I'd go with the All-Foods. It has a bit more surface area than the Weber Q. But the Q is a bit more portable and has enough cooking surface for my needs, and costs less too. I made my choice with a budget number in mind--and I outspent it by a few dollars. But the Q seems to work right for me, with its shortcomings being less pronounced than the Cuisinart's.

I hope you find the grill that meets your needs. For me it was not this one. It might be just fine for you.

I do resent Cuisinart, a company I admire, using the reviews section on Amazon for advertising. I have several good Cuisinart products and will likely buy others in the future. Guys, leave the review section for actual customers.

Bottom line: I'd buy something else, even within the Cuisinart line. I personally went outside Cuisinart for a portable propane grill. You might not. Caveat emptor.
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 18, 2011
I purchased my Petite Gourmet Portable Cuisinart grill in January. I am an avid barbenator and I needed something inexpensive (and what I had intended to be short term) after my larger gas grill fell apart. I liked the size and portability of the Cuisinart. I was thrilled once I put the thing to use. I find it cooks whatever I throw on there evenly and has that barbeque flavor. It heats up so quickly, that I have to have my sides prepared prior to even starting the unit. When I am at home, I have it hooked up to one of the larger propane cylinders from my old barbeque. But where this thing shines, is how small and compact it can become. I fold the legs in and take it wherever I want. I take along a couple of camping sized propane cylinders in the truck and barbeque where ever I want. I have made lunch for the guys at work, fed the family skiing, and had a couple of awesome tailgate parties thanks to my new grill. I am so happy with it's performance that I don't think I will even buy a new full size barbeque. I don't think it's performance would ever measure up to this little guy.Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 9, 2011
I bought this grill but with a different stand. I posted the picture of me cooking ribs because it seems like there were a lot of conflict with these reviews. I bought this because I have a small patio on my one bedroom apartment. This was the only grill that fits.

A few things. 1) This is for a person that wants to just have fun cooking burgers, precooked ribs, steaks, etc. Nothing fancy. 2) This is good to take camping or tailgating. 3) This is a small grill but it makes good for the space. You could probably feed 4 people at a time on this grill. If you look at the picture, it is just one oval long burner and the flame is small. But it does get hot and when the grease from the burger drips it will make the flame ignite so still be careful. The grill takes about 5-10 min to get completely hot.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: If you are going to set this up on a deck with a 15-20lbs propane tank and make this a permanent grill you need the Cuisinart 4-Foot LP Adaptor Hose. I went home with burgers and the unopened grill only to find out I needed a cord. Home Depot sells the cord for $25 but it isn't Cuisinart but it works just fine.

Overall, this was good for what I needed to do. Just remember when looking at this from a value angle, the grill was $150, stand, $60, 15lbs propane tank $50, cord $25. The grill technically cost $285. If you have room just go buy the real thing.
review image
on February 3, 2011
I am an avid griller and wanted a small portable grill I could take in the RV or car trunk for a quick use at ball games, tailgating, fishing, camping, etc. I wanted something that takes up very little storage space and I can carry with one hand. This model was what I was looking for. I also own the Cuisinart CGG-200 and absolutely love it, so I knew I should stick with Cuisinart.

The grill arrived in its original box in great shape from the delivery company. Opening up the box, all the contents were packaged securely with no damage to the grill or finish on the parts. Setup could not be easier, no parts to put together whatsoever. The instruction manual was detailed and well written, obviously written by someone from the US, unlike what I find with so many other products.

Although it was dead cold here in IL, I was not going to let that keep me from trying this baby out. Both legs flip down and lock in place making the grill very stable on my deck table. I screwed in a bottle of propane, turned the control knob and it lit right off the first time. I like how the starter is part of the control knob.

I let the grill heat up for about 10 minutes and started grilling some burgers. I was concerned at first because the grill felt cool from the outside with the lid closed, but when I put the burgers on it was very hot. I grilled 4 ¼ pound burgers, but could easily fit 2 or more comfortably on the grill, more if you want to crowd them. The burgers were cooked in 10 - 15 minutes with very good grill marks on the meat. I did not have any flare ups during grilling, but kept the lid closed due to the cold outside air.

Clean up was simple, putting the grill grate in the dishwasher and wiping down the inside. The dishwasher cleaned the cooked gunk off the grate completely. There is a grease tray to collect the dripping grease, but I have not had anything in there yet with the amount of food I was cooking.

I have owned this grill for three weeks now and have cooked some beef tenderloins, bratwurst and chicken breasts all grilled easily with no problems. Grilling time is a little more than the larger grills, but for a grill this size, I feel it is plenty hot for all my grilling needs. A 1 pound bottle of propane will last a long time with this grill.

My favorite part of this grill is when done I just pop up the legs, lock the lid down and carry it off with the handle to put it away. If you are looking for a very portable grill that cooks well, this is the one to get.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 22, 2011
I am an avid camper and a condo dweller, so I don't have a lot of room to store things and have limited patio space. This portable grill is perfect with its easy storage size and flexibility to be great for car camping or patio grilling.

Set-up = simple. I'm an engineer, so I read all directions, and it still only took me about 8 minutes.

I went with the Cuisinart because the other grills of this size felt cheap. This one feels solid. The grill grate is thick and durable. The legs click into place, and the temp control knob doesn't feel like it's about to fall off. The gas tank is also placed well, such that you aren't afraid of it falling off akwardly and breaking off the gas valve.

The trial run consisted with wings - grilled on a 15 degree (f) day. The grill came through with BTUs to spare. The next run, on a more mild but still cool day, was Italian sausages and asparagus. Delicious (and nutritious)! The grill, despite its diminutive size had more than enough power to handle both the meat and the veggies. It allowed even cooking of the veggies when placed on the edges and showed great grill marks on the sausages.

When finished, clean up was easy (a quick wipe down of the grill grate), let it cool, folded it up, and tucked it into the corner.

Another great product from Cuisinart. I highly recommend for any bbq/grilling enthusiast with limited storage and a discerning taste!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 9, 2011
After reading the conflicting reviews on this grill I decided to give it a try. I buy numerous items on Amazon and usually dont take the time to review them because I haven't had any problems and dont take the time for positive reviews. However after reading about the supposed fake reviews on this grill I am taking the time to review it. I was looking for a small, inexpensive portable grill to use on the sandbar with my wife and 3 kids when we take the boat out. This grill looked ideal as the legs can be extended to set it up in shallow water or shore without hauling an additional table. The grill arrived and the legs went on in under 5 minutes. I threw on a 2 year old propane bottle that was maybe 1/4 full. I burned off the new crud for 5 minutes and threw on several burgers and hot dogs to give it a try. The burgers were completely frozen. I left the grill on medium high and did the burgers 6 minutes a side. They were very well done and probably on the grill for too long. This is a small grill and 5 hamburgers and a couple hot dogs fill it up. the grill got very hot very quick and I had zero problems lighting it. Time will tell how it stands up to shore use but for a cheap very portable grill to throw some burgers, brats etc I believe its an excellent buy. As the one reviewer said its no 3 burner Weber but I think it will work great for the occassional use of camping, tailgating etc.
UPDATE!! After using this grill on the sandbar all summer I still give it 5 stars. The grill lit easily every time, the legs dropped down and worked great in the shallow water without any issues. The grill will flare up if your cooking some really greasy burgers but with abundant water nearby I simply used the kids squirt gun to douse the flame. Grill cleaned up easily at the end of the season and I look forward to using it again next year. Having hot food after a day on the boat made our outings that much better.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Wow, I went through many of the reviews and it looks pretty harsh for this little grill. As a professional chef I often think I'm super harsh on my comments and needs but there are many on Amazon that really seem to enjoy digging into peoples comments and reviews and posting negative feedback. Alas, it is what it is, but in any case here is my review.

I received this grill from Cuisinart as a demo product and put it through it's paces for over a year. I've taken it out to campsites, cooked at home and even took it on location at local park for WHAG-25 out of Hagerstown, MD. Each time it has performed flawlessly, without issue and the set and break down was very simple.

You have to keep in mind that this is not a high octane grill loaded with BTU's to sear a 2 inch steak. What it does offer is a really nice platform for grilling average thickness steaks, chops, chicken breasts and the your average hamburger or hotdog. I'm not saying you can't grill thicker you just need to watch your time and temperature to make sure your not burning the outside while under cooking the inside, unless you are working on a Pittsburgh style, Black and Blue steak.

The grill is very transportable and sets up nice and quick, my only reason for giving it 4 stars is that the clean up is not that easy doe to the way it was built. It takes some time to get the fat off the grill and burner sides. I would not suggest cranking up the heat and shutting the lid since that often warps grills. Also, the locking mechanism to keep it closed when carrying it is not that reliable, I've had it open a few times on me as I'm closing it up for transportation. The adjustable legs are really nice for table top or setting up along side a picnic table or just off to the side. The tanks are also the perfect size to cook off several steaks, grilled chicken and burgers, then to finish off the night with some nicely toasted S'mores.

As to the issues others have had, not sure what's it all about. For me I like the grill and have enjoyed using immensely.
on September 10, 2011
I bought the CGG-180 model because of all the "glowing" reviews. Wrong. I purchased in March and now it has failed after less than one grilling season. The heat output has steadily dropped since the initial purchase(initially it was great but it has dropped to the point it couldn't sear anymore), the plastic lid lock melted and fell off and finally, the gas control valve will not rotate so the grill no longer works! And if you look at many of the awesome reviews, this is the only review this person has ever done!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 4, 2012
I have had multiple problems with the Cuisinart Petit Grill. The first one I received was broken. One of the loops that holds the telescopic legs was cracked all the way through. The second one I received was fine upon arrival. I used it twice and the second time, the paint on the top of the lid *melted?* (ie a portion of the lid is no longer red) and dripped into my food.

I am very disappointed. The Cuisinart Petit Grill would have been perfect for my needs. Small and portable and designed very smartly. But there needs to be some better construction and materials used. I am a very very disappointed customer.