5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart 3 Speed Mixer
This product was much better than I expected. I have owned a Cuisinart hand held mixer for over 10 years and it recently gave up the ghost (too many cookies)!

Published on July 24, 2006 by Halloween Lover

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an all-purpose hand mixer
Published on April 16, 2009 by J. Cheney

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart 3 Speed Mixer, July 24, 2006
This review is from: Cuisinart CHM-3 Electronic Hand Mixer 3-Speed, White (Kitchen)

So in searching for a replacement I tried a KitchenAid mixer instead. What a disappointment! It didn't have the power I had experienced with my 7 speed Cuisinart. I didn't want to spend more money on another 7 speed (and I couldn't find one locally) so I decided to try the 3 speed figuring I would have to settle for a degrading in power.

Surprise, surprise the 3 speed is just as good if not better than my previous 7 speed and less than half the price!

I would definitely recommend this mixer. Good product and I have always found Cuisinart's customer service people to be helpful when I have had to call.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of power, September 26, 2006
I am an avid cook and adore my KitchenAid stand mixer and thought I'd never need a hand mixer again. Not so, I find myself pulling this little baby out often. It's got the guts to whip cookie dough to a froth.

Light enough to avoid fatigue but not flimsy feeling and small enough to store in a drawer. Cleanup is quick and easy, no center stem poles to scrape.

The power can be overwhelming even on low. If you need to "stir" do it by hand because this just doesn't seem to have a delicate cycle.

Beaters are definately designated and should be noted, because it will seem like they are in right and one will drop out which, if you were to turn it on would probably hurt(listen for the distintive click). The beaters are long (a plus imho)but must use deep bowls or splatter guards to contain batter.

If you want a strong, simple, great price hand mixer go for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Power Unleashed, November 2, 2006
This was the first time in many years that I purchased a new hand held mixer. I did not know what to expect as my old hand held mixer had settings from 1 to 10. I researched many brands of hand held mixers on line and read reviews from each one. I decided to purchse the Cuisinart even though it only had 3 speeds. Many of the new mixers are that way and I just could not understand why fewer speeds. Anyway, I chose the Cuisinart and I am certainly overjoyed with its' performance and power. It is very easy to hold while mixing and the 3 speeds are all that I could ever want or need. I am amazed at the tremendous power of speed 3 and the lower power of speed 1. This is all you will ever need for mixing. I love the new beaters that have no center post. Talk about easy cleaning, this is a snap! It is such an excellent built electronic mixer and so handsome in style. Get it today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, August 16, 2006
Pourpier (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I love the extra long batters of this hand mixer that bring a lot of air in the egg whites and make the result fluffier. My problem is now to find an extra deep mixing bowl to avoid splashing all this outside the bowl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, April 22, 2009
Reeah Davis (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Just as the title says. This product gets the job done. I used it first to make a Pavlova. It came out fabulous! Then to whip the cream for the pavlova! And to make crepes with the left over egg yolks from the Pavlova. Then I used it again three days later for chocolate cake and then again for the ganache for the chocolate cake. NO bubbles in the chocolate ganache! And yet again a week later for my lemon chiffon cake with butter cream frosting.

To put it to the ultimate test I started with TWO STICKS OF COLD STRAIGHT OUT OF THE REFRIGERATOR BUTTER for my butter cream frosting to see if my new beater would indeed cut through it as it had promised, and it did! (without me having to cram it against the bowl) My butter cream came out amazingly light and airy. It made frosting a dream.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an all-purpose hand mixer, April 16, 2009
J. Cheney (Providence, RI United States) - See all my reviews
This hand mixer probably would be great if I were making bread or something that needed the power that it delivers, but I am not. Unfortunately the low speed is just too fast and I am going to either return it or sell it. When I try and pre-mix sugar and butter I just make a mess because the low speed flings the mixture around the kitchen. It seems well constructed, but I tend to think that hand mixers should be versatile and this one is not. I am going to purchase a mixer with more speeds for finer control.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart Mixer, January 10, 2007
Sturdy little mixer with a lot of power. Best hand mixer I've ever purchased. I always buy those low end basic models. This is just a few dollars more and there's a huge difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mixer for low price, July 27, 2008
This mixer is great, it can make whipped cream extremely fast, and there are never any lumps in anything. It is powerful enough to mix cookie dough that is mostly flour, making the process of baking Toll house cookies fast and easy, without making my arm ache from hand mixing. I know a few people complained about not having a low enough speed, and I guess it's possible I may run into that, but I've had it over 6 months, and have never had that problem yet. I highly recommend this item to anyone who doesn't have the funds to buy a super strong expensive mixer and to anyone whose current mixer just isn't getting the job done. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this mixer!, June 23, 2008
I love this mixer. The beaters work so well, come out virtually clean, and are so easy to wash (I don't have a dishwasher). The motor seems nice and strong. It's really up to the task of handling heavy batters (pound cake). I think it'll handle cheese cake well, too. The motor didn't strain at all. I had no problem with the batter flying out, as one reviewer did. I think you can't go wrong with this great mixer. Another nice thing is since the beaters don't retain the batter, when you need to place the mixer on its heel while you go get another ingrediant, it won't tip over. It maintains its balance very well, and feels good in your hand, too, ergonomically. Very well designed and easy to clean. Must have been designed by a woman! (Sorry, guys, but you know that usually the woman does the clean-up and therefore female designers are more attuned to how easy it is to clean the appliance; I'm not man-bashing.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just a little too fast, December 24, 2008
alaena39 (Clarksville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This is the first beater I've ever owned, but even still I know that this beater has no recollection of what low speed is like. The "low" setting seems to be like its medium at best, and that is why I give it four out of five stars. Don't even think of using a small or medium mixing bowl...you will get splattered. I'm scared to use the medium or high buttons because if the first is full speed ahead, the others make me feel like its either going to catch fire or take off flying across the room. It takes the "good things come in small packages" to another level, giving bulkier beaters a run for their money.

Other than that minor glitch, its a powerful little thing that can get any job done which is surprising for its small size. It's super light, so I can beat for a while and not get tired. Also because it is light, it doesnt have a huge motor that leaves your hand numb after you are done, which is great. I don't need my hands feeling like I've just mowed the lawn with a weed eater. Also the clean up is insanely easy. Press the button over a sink and out they come. They easily fit into the spoon tray in the dishwasher, so that's how I typically clean them. If the machine does ever get splattered with batter, a simple wipe will do the trick. If you dealt with raw eggs, I would suggest you clean with an antibacterial wipe.

For the price, this product is incredibly good and I really do recommend it, given its power, size, ease and ability to get the job done. The only thing I don't recommend is keeping it on high too long because, well, that just can't be good. Happy cooking!