5.0 out of 5 stars Great for appetizers!
Published on June 30, 2012 by nate

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor handle design
The grill basket has a plastic handle that do not detach. The handle melts on the 1st use and it made a mess on the grill.
Published on April 18, 2012 by Chyelatte

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for appetizers!, June 30, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CNMB-444 Meatball Grilling Basket (Lawn & Patio)
I tried something like this before once for corn on the cob, and it wasn't good because the corn slid out the side. This product is nice because everything stays nicely in place. I modified the meatball recipe so I didn't have to pre-cook (what fun is that???), and it was good. I also tried bacon wrapped scallops- and that was a big hit. I wish it came with a book full of recipe ideas, because it really is a nice product. You can fill it up, cook some appetizers quickly on the side and get them out to friends while you're enjoying a beer before you really get started... Sturdy product. It a little tedious to clean because of all the wires- but that's what holds things in place well... and cleans easily. Yes, there's a plastic handle-- but all you need to do is make sure that stays OUTSIDE your grill, which is easy.... you can even close your lid and keep the handle outside. Cuisinart- give us more recipe ideas!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool implement, October 26, 2013
Joodly (Gibsonia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart CNMB-444 Meatball Grilling Basket (Lawn & Patio)
Why meatballs on the grill, you ask? Besides imparting a wonderful smokey flavor, this basket cuts cleanup by eliminating the skillet and stovetop or baking pan in the oven. I toss it in the dishwasher. So glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart CNMB-444 Meatball Grilling Basket (Lawn & Patio)
I like it because you can cook meetballs on the grill and they don't get out of shape and get all over the grill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good potential to experiment, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CNMB-444 Meatball Grilling Basket (Lawn & Patio)
The build quality is good. Someone noted having a problem because the handle wasn't removable, but I didn't have a problem even with my grill lid closed. It just sticks out the side, but it was fine. I tried the included meatball recipe and they came out pretty tasty. That recipe suggested pre-cooking the meat though which leads to a "normal" meatball flavor rather than a clearly grilled flavor. I need to try again with my own recipe without pre-cooking the meat and I think it'll be more unique. There are also plenty more experiments to try like stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped... well pretty much any small edible wrapped in bacon would probably be great! Good product for people that way to try different things on the grill.

5.0 out of 5 stars First foray into grilling meatballs..., June 4, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CNMB-444 Meatball Grilling Basket (Lawn & Patio)
We had always cooked meatballs on the stovetop and this device was our foray into grill- based meatball creation. I have to say the grill really decreases the overall cooking time and makes it really simple to cook a ton of meatballs quickly. The device handles really well and the meatballs taste great-so we're big fans.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor handle design, April 18, 2012