Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, Red
Color Name: RedChange
Price:$35.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
So, I love this. I wore a Presto one out-after 1.5 years of 3-5 times a week use. With the Presto one-the lid cracked after about 6 months-I just sort of rigged it to make it okay. The Presto plastic got so hot and almost felt a little melted after every use.

Anyway- I almost didn't buy this because of all the "OMG!! It the hot air makes the popcorn fly everywhere!!!"-thank goodness I ignored those reviews (no offense to the popcorn coming out disliking people. ) Anyway-yes popcorn does come out of the shoot-becaue it is corn that "pops" when the hot air makes it hot enough-go figure. :)

Good Buy (for me at least) because-

Feels more sturdy than Presto.

Has an on/off switch (Presto is auto on when plugged in-kinda feel like its a race against time when-plugging and unplugging.

Looks better (it's out so much-it needs too-for my decorator want-to-be self)

Bad for some reviewers, I wouldn't have even noticed without the complaints, no matter its a solvable (and predictable "issue")
When popping popcorn with a hot air popper-put a bowl the size of a Kitchen Aid mixer bowl-sort of in front of it-the first few times just watch it to see where the popcorn comes out. That will catch it all-I use that-but the bowl back under the mixer-and put popcorn in a bowl for flavoring/storing. I hardly ever loose any-if you're really worried about it-but a bowl in the sink and put the popper on the edge of the sink.

I love it-glad I ignored "flying popcorn!" reviews and spent the extra $$$. If it ends up with any issues like I had with the others-I'll update because I'll feel ripped of for paying so much more.

-I have no time to write any (mother of 3 who are 4 y/o and under-plus I work) I do it because I read reviews for 100% of the many (and by many-I mean many-UPS guy knows my family-and we had him over to watch the Super Bowl!) Sooooo if you find this helpful, please say so-otherwise I'll probably use this time to do laundry. Or sleep.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 26, 2012
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
This popcorn popper was a great investment, and I like it much better then the Presto air popper because this one is quieter and it looks nice so you can leave it on your counter all the time. The only problem I had was when I filled the 1/2 cup measuring tool all the way the top of the popper completely came off. You can fix this problem by using a 1/3 cup measuring tool instead. When you do this the popcorn won't go all over your kitchen like other air poppers do. There is also an instruction manual and at the back there is many popcorn recipes. If you are thinking about getting a popcorn popper then get this one. If this is to expensive the second best is Presto. I would avoid getting brands like Air Crazy, and do not get poppers that require oil because that is more unhealthy.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 25, 2012
Color Name: Red
I bought a Cuisinart CPM-100 Easy Pop Hot Air Popcorn Maker a little over a month ago. I needed to replace an Oriville Redenbacher that I had for over 5 years, and with a little help from my 5 year old, seemed to have stopped working. I did a fair amount of research on hot air poppers and settled on this one. It has a high wattage (1500 watts), 1/2 cup capacity, on/off switch on the side, and of course its a Cuisinart. In reading reviews on Amazon, Newegg, Target, Wal Mart, and other places, the one thing that reviewers said about this popcorn popper that no one said about other is that it is quieter. All those things led me to buy one. Now here is what I thought.

I guess the machine is a bit quieter than the previous one I had, but not by all that much.

If I put in even a kernel more than the 1/2 cup, the blower isn't strong enough to move the kernels and they burn.

When the corn pops, it never falls out properly and pushes the plastic dome off the top. The result is that popcorn is then thrown all over my kitchen.

I had really high hopes for this machine, but I find that I have to stand over it and watch it the entire time I am making popcorn or the corn burns or ends up on the counter and floor.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 21, 2012
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
This popcorn maker stands out against the competition. Purchased this item and LOVE it! Plan on purchasing one for parents and keep it as a gift idea for popcorn loving friends and family.

Pros:

- BPA Free
- Easy to use
- Quieter
- On-Off Switch! (no more dangerously yanking the cord from the wall)
- Longer Power Cord (not too long, allows for heat space, safe from cupboards)
- Light, fluffy popcorn

Neutral:

- Gets, warm but not too warm to handle (as it should)
- Colour Choice (White, Red)
- Butter Melter feature

Con (minimal):

- Cost (minimal difference). With what you save using an air-popper and when weighed against the pros and cons of the competition (namely the presto), the price is easy to understand and respect. Remember, you get what you pay for!

Note: The red is not metallic red as it appears in the picture, it is a matte finish. If I were to purchase another it would be white.

Highly Recommended
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 29, 2012
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
The Cuisinart Hot Air Popcorn Maker is the Best Hot Air Popcorn Maker ever !!! I am impressed . The Hot Air Popper makes excellent popcorn . The machine is compact,not loud , On Off Switch,attractive and can be left out on the counter. All plastic parts that come in contact with the Popcorn are BPA Free, which was very important to me. I am soo happy I purchased the Cuisinart Hot Air Popper

Update: Still loving the Cuisinart Hot Air Popper. Cannot be without . The Best Popper
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 31, 2011
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
This popper is fast to heat up and pop the corn, it is not heavy and not as loud as our old air popper.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
When I was a kid we had an air popper that we used pretty frequently. It's been a long time since I have had air popped popcorn and I wanted to try it again. Microwave popcorn just doesn't taste the same to me, and generally comes coated with all kinds of fatty flavorings. Corn popped in a pan tastes good but is kind of a pain to make and makes a big mess.

So far I've used it 6 times and this popper does a great job popping almost all of the kernels without making a mess. You can make up to 1/2 a cup of popcorn kernels at a time, although if you use premium popcorn (Orville Redenbacher and the like) you shouldn't use more than 1/3 cup as it pops up bigger than cheap stuff. I had one instance where the popped corn got stuck in the chute and that was when I made a full 1/2 cup at once. It is well designed in that the clear plastic top part does not snap in or anything, it just sort of sits on top so if the chute gets clogged it just pushes the plastic up. All I did was pick the top piece up a little and let the extra popcorn fall into the bowl and then put it back on and everything was good. Got some extra popcorn on the counter but no big deal. This appears to really only be a problem if you use to much popcorn.

Keep in mind that 1/3 cup of premium popcorn is enough to fill a fairly large bowl (I think about 16" wide by 10" tall) and if you should need more than that, the entire popping process takes under 2 minutes to complete so just throw some more in there after the 1st bowl is done.

Pros:
-Pops almost all of the kernels. Maybe a dozen unpopped ones left in a bowl.
-Very fast, done in under 2 minutes.
-Has an on/off switch, witch a lot of the other air poppers on the market do not have.
-Easy to use

Cons:
-The red color isn't the most attractive. I wish there had been more color options to choose from.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 4, 2013
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
Can't someone figure out how to configure a good hot air popcorn popper? To make this one work properly, it must be angled backward about 40 degrees so that the unpopped kernels don't all fly out all over the kitchen floor like a hailstorm. One must make flanges on either side of the chute to keep the popped kernels from flying away from the bowl. All in all a frustrating experience and a lousy design.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 25, 2012
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
I wish I had paid more attention to the negative reviews before purchasing, as they are all spot-on.

My old West Bend popper died after over 10 years of use. I purchased this Cuisinart popper after reading positive reviews; it was expensive but I use it often so I was hoping for a quality popper. I am extremely disappointed in this machine. To begin with far more unpopped kernels are tossed out before they begin popping than my old popper.

Worse, the first several times I used it, the top flew off during popping, popcorn went everywhere (the dog was overjoyed). After that, I began leaving a spoon or some other heavy object on top to keep it in place. Now instead of the top flying off, the popped corn jams inside and begins to burn/smoke. So every time I pop I risk either having to sweep half my popcorn off the floor after the lid falls off, or knocking the lid off myself to get the burning popcorn out, tossing half the popcorn in a charred lump.

Terrible design, would absolutely not recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 14, 2012
Color Name: Red
My wife and I had enough of making popcorn on our stove, so we decided to purchase a popper. We looked forward to our Cuisinart because we eat a lot of popcorn, this would be a convenient way to make it, and we have other Cuisianrt products that we enjoy. This product is troublesome. As others note, the plastic shield that forms the top of the unit does not fit well, is flimsy, and the butter well often rises from its place when the machine is in operation. In addition (and more importantly), kernels come out of the shoot and fly all over the place during the popping process, but particularly early in the process. To add insult to injury, the popped corn flies out, too, because the chute is too short. Ours ends up all over the counter and often on the floor. Adding just a couple more inches to the spout and to the unit itself would have solved these problems. I do not recommend purchasing this product. How Cuisinart could have allowed this poor design to slip through suggests a lack of care about quality. Seems like it was engineered by design school flunkies. Oh--and one more thing just for laughs. One of the benefits that the instruction manual lists is the embossed "Cuisinart" logo on the unit. As someone who often discounts negative reviews on Amazon as written by really picky people, I can assure you that that is not a characteristic of this reviewer. This is truly a bad product. I'm really disappointed.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations