Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 20, 2013
I've only had the SmartStick for about a month, and have only used it 4 or 5 times, but it is exactly what I wanted and works very well. It purees beautifully and it's so much easier than dragging out my food processor. The cup is an added bonus as it is perfect for small batches. If it continues to work like this, it's 5 stars all the way.
on August 21, 2012
This hand blender has been around forever because it is the best there is. My mom has one, I remember her using it all the time. Now I have one and use it all the time. Now I am a mom, and use it all the time. My mom's is still working, and mine is still working. It is simple, works, and lasts. What is better than that?

Oh, and it was AWESOME colors. Now you can have fun and make a statement while getting a great product.

Don't look further.
on January 1, 2013
I purchased this blender mixing soups after one explosive butternut squash incident with a standard blender. It works just as I would expect. It's also very handy for protein shakes and handles frozen berries easily and quickly. The bottom half of the blender pops off and goes right in the dishwasher, though it's also very easy to clean in the sink. We use it all the time and have recommended it to many friends.
on February 26, 2014
This is a handy little tool. I have wanted one for a long time and finally purchased one. And I love the fact that it is pink. My favorite color (which has absolutely nothing to do with how it works)! But it does work well and is very well made.
on November 18, 2011
This is my first hand-held blender, so I'm at the bottom of the learning curve. When my old, regular blender died, I got this one to replace it for the convenience of blending soups in their pots and to save some storage space. So far, I've used it twice. Once to make pureed pumpkin soup and once to make tomato sauce. It worked well for both of those tasks, but took longer than I expected. Also, it did splash a bit. That was probably my own fault, since I used a wide, shallow pan instead of a pot--but it is something to keep in mind.

I look forward to using it more and being able to precent these small inconveniences!
on November 3, 2013
This is the greatest thing since slice bread. I use it all the time when I make soups and sometimes sauces. It pulverises any thing in the pot in a minute or two. It's great for vegetable soups where you just pulverize half the vegetables if you want. It's the best for creamy soups. I also use it when I make spaghetti sauces. Cleaning it is literally a 5 second job. It couldn't be easier. It's very well made and looks as if it could last for several years.. Very good deal for the price.
on May 27, 2013
I bought this to replace an older Braun immersion blender. The extra power was great. However, watch out for the sensitive trigger which responds to a light touch to get the blades spinning.

Pros: powerful enough for grinding up beans, soups, fruit. easy to clean.
Cons: sensitive trigger.
on May 12, 2012
This is the first immersion blender I've owned - where has this thing been all my life! I really like it - baby food is SO easy with this. I've packed up my big blender and my gimicky gadgety magic bullet in favor of this. And you can put the blade part in the dish washer! It IS plastic and can see how you could strip the plastic part that attaches to the blade. And the plasticky nature is why I give it 4 stars instead of 5. Since its not too expensive, I won't be surprised if it doesn't live for more than a few years.
on June 21, 2012
Had this about a week and so far LOVE it! My blender is getting tired and I needed something to make quick work of blending. I have used it almost everyday from making scrambled eggs and pancake batter to blending our fruit smoothies to guacamole. Is much quicker than the blender, quieter and I have more control over the consistency of what I am blending.
To date, I am very pleased with this purchase and I love the fact that there are color choices and you aren't just stuck with black, white, stainless! Thank you for that.
on May 1, 2013
WARNING:CHOOSE A DIFFERENT BRAND PROVIDED IT DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME FLAW!

I give the "Smart Stick" 3 stars, but only for want of a better competitor.

It was received as a much appreciated gift. It was fast, very powerful,produced wonderfully smooth purees, very easy to clean, but was much too short-lived.

For a little over a calendar year, I used it 2 to 3 times a month to make vegetarian vegetable soups.

It was NOT used during summer months: June, July, August.

All in all it was used maybe 40 times at the very most.

No meat, much less bones (!), were ever grounded but only boiled bite size pieces of vegetables.

It was never used to make smoothies, and thus never used to grind ice -- I know that ice is as hard as stone and eats the blades away.

Never used on raw vegetables.

After slightly over a calendar year of ownership, the engine-enclosed socket that holds the drive shaft wore away and could no longer make the shaft drive the blade.

THE DRIVE SHAFT HOLDER IS MADE OF PLASTIC OR NYLON!

During the shamelessly short time it worked, it was great. But its short lifespan is a swindle: it was built to conk out after the guarantee's expiration date. I was to discover that Cuisinart is not alone in that scam...

AUGUST 14, 2013.
In all fairness I must add the following:

I looked very closely,in the store, at 3 other brands for a replacement. All 3 had the SAME FLAW: a plastic or nylon socket holds the blades metal shaft. Moreover, all 3 looked less well made, less well finished than the Cuisinart, and all 3 were more costly!

So I ended up buying the very same Cuisinart model since it was the least bad solution. Since then, so far so good, it has performed excellently.

My advice: for any model you might be interested in, look down inside the drive-shaft housing, if you see a metal socket you're probably looking at a very sound machine, buy it! Presently the "Smart Stick" seems to be the most economical and best quality option.