2,548 Reviews
 (1,868)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!
This is the third hand blender I have owned, and is by far the most solid, smoothest running and easiest to clean. The brushed chrome construction looks great and is also easier to clean than plastic versions. Handy features like detachable base, included mixing cup and extra long mixer are thoughtful and useful. The motor is smooth and powerful - it is the Audi V8 of the...
Published on August 2, 2006 by P. Kothari

1,247 of 1,320 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart makes TERRIBLE hand blenders! They work well, but have an Achilles' heel...
We are now on our SECOND of this CSB-76BC model, having bought two because the price was so good. That was in February, and it's now July.

This follows at least three other Cuisinarts, and they all have had the same problem: while the body of the machine may be nice and sturdy, the motor's strong and the blades do the job nicely, the drive shaft is connected...
Published on July 21, 2011 by Nosewiper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hand Blender, June 7, 2006
J. Yi (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Being a health enthusiast and always on the go, I always look for a quicker way to prepare meals. This hand blender lets me do that and save me a lot of time. I've had it for a little over a month now. It has a simple one-speed button along with a simple, yet sturdy 2-piece design which releases by an additional button. Clean up is a BREEZE - just rinse it in warm water and dry. The power is unparalleled - I make a lot of shakes and throw a lot of solid food into it and in a about 1/2 a minute or less its ready to drink. The motor is so powerful it suctions my shaker to it so I when I lift the blender while its blending, it lifts the shaker too! And the noise decibel is maybe half that of a normal blender which helps a lot, especially for people with sensitive hearing. I think this is an amazing product, considering its price as compared to a KitchenAid one. I think it equals or beats it. I think you should definitely consider this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Disposable Gadget, December 14, 2007
Anjil (SF Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This was a wonderful kitchen appliance for about 2 weeks. Then it stopped working. I would rather pay more
money and get a longer lasting unit than settle for this cheap piece of junk. I thought Cuisinart was supposed
to be a good brand. It couldn't whip my cottage cheese, keffir and flax oil concoction without burning out. (We're
talking about the consistency of yogurt here...)
I hope Cuisinart re-tools this thing because it could be a really handy kitchen gadget if it had a long life.
This is the first online review I've ever done. I feel obliged to review items now because I rely on them SO MUCH
when I buy products. I hope these reviews we do raise the bar for ALL PRODUCTS and make manufacturers produce higher quality consumer goods. Especially brand names such as Cuisinart. What were they thinking?

1.0 out of 5 stars LOVED it until it broke WAY TOO SOON!!!, August 9, 2010
blue moon (beautiful SYV) - See all my reviews
Let me preface my comments by telling you that I am a Cuisinart fan and a stick blender convert. My disappointment here is that Cuisinart has let me down with a shoddy product that used to work well; now, after only 1.5 years of minimal, lightweight use, their stick blender has let me down!

Although most of the small appliances that I own are Cuisinart, and they have been wonderful and dependable and I love them, the first stick blender that I ever bought was an inexpensive Braun model. It worked well, was not fancy, easily made smoothies and pureed soups (which is all I wanted it to do), and it lasted for about 7 years. When it was time to replace the Braun, I decided to go with this model of Cuisinart's inexpensive stick blender; it has performed just like the Braun, which is all I needed, and done the same tasks, which is all that I wanted it to do. However, the Cuisinart stick blender only lasted 1.5 years! What a bust!

4.0 out of 5 stars not a bad buy, June 9, 2007
I have this and also purchased the kitchen aid KHB100 when it was on sale. The KHB100 had multispeed which admittedly was buckets of fun, but since they both get the job done, speed doesn't matter that much. However if you want to know, the lowest setting on the KHB was probably about equal to the speed on the cuisinart. The locking mechanism on the cuisinart feels easier to lock in place than the KHB which has 2 buttons instead of 1 and needs a bit more force. In the end the cuisinart is ~2/3 the price of the KHB, so you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars BELIEVE ALL THE GREAT REVIEWS, January 15, 2007
I watch the show (Oprah), saw the episodes (You...), measured my waist in the proper place (not the natural waist but at the belly button) and learned the truth, bought the book (You: On A Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management), and now wanted to make Dr. Oz's Magical Breakfast Blaster. So I came to Amazon to pick out an immersion blender. I read all the reviews and it was pretty clear that this was everyone's favorite and bought it based on the reviews and secondarily the reasonable price. I had other things in my cart and so got free shipping. (SIDE NOTE: Kudos to Amazon for having carts that seemingly do not empty. When I see something in the paper or hear about something, I go to Amazon and put it in my cart. Maybe I'll buy it later; maybe not. But at least I didn't forget about it.)

This blender is fabulous. Easy to use. I use the nice cup that comes with the blender to make the drink and it's so thick that I drink it right from that cup, too. A typical shake is water, soy protein, frozen blueberries, frozen bananna, frozen whole cranberries, frozen raspberries, NF milk powder, psyllium seed husks, flaxseed oil. This blender BLASTS THROUGH all the frozen chunks. I might have to work it for a few seconds but it pulverizes the hell out of all of it. Maybe the lower wattage immersion blenders wouldn't work as good but I don't know. For 30 bucks, trust me, people, get this delightful little blender. The only thing I have made with it is the Magical Breakfast Blaster on page 265 of the YOU diet book, but I would think that blending a lot of frozen chunks of fruit would be the most challenging job for this blender. If it does this great, surely it has to work great for any other type of blending.

Edited on 5-17-08: I still love the blender. I use it a lot for making cappuchino-feeling coffee. In a large mug of coffee, I add a lot of non-fat skim milk powder and sometimes 1 packet of sugar in the raw and sometimes a teaspoon or two of cocoa powder. The immersion blender does a great job of blending and creating terrific foam. Another thing it's great for is mincing garlic. Peel the garlic and put them in the container the blender comes with, a couple of pulses, and voila, in 2 seconds it's perfect to throw into the pan.

4.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, October 1, 2006
A. Adams (North Eastern PA United States) - See all my reviews
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product, it has been working very well and seems surprisingly powerful. It will quickly blend up banana in a milkshake so smoothly that you don't even know that it's in there, the other hand blender we used prior to purchasing this one would always leave detectable bits at the bottom. The only reason I didn't give this five stars is because of the size, it's rather tall and a little bit difficult to handle especially for someone older.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design breaks up after few uses, November 19, 2011
Rivka Shenhav (Saratoga, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed ChromeI bought TWO of these gadgets. The first died after a few uses - the plastic gears were completely destroyed by the metal connect of the removable blender. We thought it was a fluke and got the second one - now the same happened to the second one - again - after a few uses - but after warranty expired. Very disappointing product - DO NOT BUY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Design Dooms This Product, October 21, 2010
Don R. Smith (Kannapolis, NC United States) - See all my reviews
The immersion blender by Cuisinart is by far the worst product the company makes. I am surprised they haven't pulled it from the market because it is designed to fail.
The problem is PLASTIC: it will not stand up to use, even over a short period of time. Those who have not used the product long will no doubt give it a glowing review, but it won't be long before the plastic wears down and the device will no longer work.
Indeed, the "chopper" attachment which came with my purchase NEVER worked. Then the whisk gave out and finally the chopper.
So I would advise that you avoid this product. The company is also not very helpful in responding to complaints I guess that are totally embarrassed by the poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, October 24, 2006
I cook a lot and put off getting one of these hand stick blenders, considering it a frivolous tool. But I grew tired of cleaning my large glass blender all the time, so I tried this one, and I couldn't be happier! It's much more powerful than I expected, grinding frozen friut, potato skins, onions, etc with ease. And it's SO easy to clean! The beaker that comes with this model is the perfect size for a smoothie. There are other models with lots of bells and whistles, but this one works just great for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke after less than 2 year of use, warranty useless, January 2, 2010
Allison R (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
Before buying this blender I had owned a Kitchenaid hand blender, which gave out after 3 or 4 years of use. When I went to buy a new one the Cuisinart model was cheaper, so I figured I would give it a try. I don't think it's ever performed as well as my Kitchenaid model, and the plastic cup it came with started cracking and leaking after a year or so of being put in the dishwasher. The plastic cup my Kitchenaid blender came with is still going strong. But I was still reasonably satisfied with the Cuisinart blender until it died today, after a year and 8 months of using it once or twice a week. Cuisinart says they have a 3-year warranty but the fine print is you have to pay to have it shipped back plus send them a check for $10 to cover shipping the other way. It's not worth my time! This time I'm going with a Kitchenaid.

Rate and Discover Movies