5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Kitchen Gadget!!
I purchased this product mainly for making soups. I hated having to put soup into the blender in bathces to puree it. Not only was this time consuming but I usually made a huge mess in the process. Well this product solved that problem for me. I made a soup the other day and used this product to blend the soup right in the pot! While I was nervous about "only" being...
Published on June 19, 2006 by MidwestMom

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!
I would like to give it no stars but that's an option on Amazon rating. Bought in May (but only used about 4 times since then as we were away for a long summer). Used to blend tinned tomatoes. Worked fine couple of times then blades in blender, chopper and whisk turned very slowly and seemed to squeal when motor ran. Called up Cuisinart and they sent me a new kit. Same...
Published on October 16, 2008 by Grainne B. Redmond

‹ Previous | 115 16 1770 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CSB-77 Smart Stick Hand Blender with Whisk and Chopper Attachments (Kitchen)
Sorry to see so many negative reviews on this product, certainly hasn't been my experience! I purchased this about 2 years ago and use it all the time, primarily to blend hot soups - it does a great job with this. I didn't expect to use the small chopper that the blender came with, but I find myself using it all the time for salsas, tapenades, sauces, etc. when the quantity doesn't justify dragging out the food processor.

I will say that I haven't tried this against any major blending jobs, but I don't think that's its intended use... Overall I'm very happy with the product and would buy it again and recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Mom loves it!, June 14, 2012
I bought this for my mom and she LOVES it. She uses it all the time, last time I was home she made mashed potatoes with it and they were AMAZING! (Had the little chunks of potatoes...mmm) Anyway, great build quality, easy to use, Cuisinart brand, how can you go wrong? Buy it, you'll love it and maybe you'll be able to cook like my mom with a little help from your new hand blender.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly, May 10, 2012
While it works very well, its not exactly what I was hoping for. It blends things at such a fast speed that batter (or whatever) goes flying. It really does need variable speed. With no way to slow it down you have to have a lid on whatever your mixing. Consequently, I don't use it much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart Makes Cooking Fast and Easy, March 1, 2012
When a friend suggested that I get an immersion blender (stick hand blender), I did some research and found that the Cuisinart CSB-77 was well rated and had an additional attachment for chopping. I couldn't resist.

Now I make some terrific foods which I couldn't have hoped to make before. It works like a dream! It feels good in your hand... not too heavy and not so light that you feel it will fall apart or not work. The construction is sturdy as is the motor.

I look forward to many years of enjoyable food blended up just perfect with this appliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good work horse, February 23, 2012
I've had this hand blender for several years now and it has just given out. I have to say that I have abused it making 3 smoothies a day, using frozen fruits and ice. It had always been a powerful unit and done the job I've asked it to do. Love that the handle is detachable for safety and cleaning. I've used the food processor with no issues, either in function or cleaning. I originally paid about $80 for the blender and attachments at a local retailer and am pleased to find the price today about $36 with free shipping for an entirely new package.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little fragile, but it works great, January 26, 2012
A little fragile, but it works great. I dropped the hand blender attachment piece and it broke so I reordered the whole thing since I couldn't find the attachment piece seperately. For the price it works amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I've gone this long without one!, January 26, 2012
I'm amazed at how handy this little blender is!
I love my big Kitchenaid stand mixer, but love the ease and convenience of this handheld.

Smoothies for two are as easy as dumping a few ingredients (bananas, yogurt, splash of OJ, wheat germ) in the cup, blending very quickly, and pouring into cups for a super-fast breakfast on the way to work.
For desserts, pour 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla into the cup and zap with the whisk attachment for delicious fresh whipped cream in under 2 minutes.
On less decadent days, we also use it for black bean vegetable soup; blending some of the beans makes a thick, creamy soup without adding calories.

Clean up is a breeze and storage is, to - this little unit stacks and has a very small "footprint" in the cabinet.
Ours has been getting regular use for quite awhile now and we've had no trouble with stripped gears or any other issues. We've never used the chopper on very hard foods like nuts or carrots, and we don't use this unit to blend ice cubes. I wonder if it is best suited for softer foods, like we typically use it for? For our purposes, it is perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect kitchen tool, January 16, 2012
Debra Shontz (Anchorage, Alaska) - See all my reviews
Best stick blender on the market. Easy to change to the chopper and whisk attachments and those work great as well. Doesn't take too much space in a deep drawer. Perfect for making all kinds of soups, salsas, dips and dressings. Attachments clean easily in the dish washer. Love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, Compact, Stylish, January 5, 2012
When my favorite food processor broke during a move, I was hesitant to invest in another large appliance to find storage for. This hand stick blender with whisk and chopper attachments saved my life! It's so compact and handy, and makes my chopping life a breeze. Don't konw what I'd do without it! Perfect for your big city-living-amateur-home-chef types :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen tool - especially for soup making., January 5, 2012
I love this little thing for making soup. No more pouring hot stuff into the blender, just bring the blender to the pot. The chopper and whisk do a good job, too. This is a great all-in-one tool that doesn't take up a lot of space. The only downside is also size. If you're blending or chopping large quantities, you'll have to do it in batches.

‹ Previous | 115 16 1770 | Next ›