Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on September 24, 2013
So this immersion blender was decent while it lasted. After 8 months the button no longer depresses to turn the unit on however.

When I called Cuisinart because it was under warranty they wanted me to pay to ship the defective item back to them (fine) but they ALSO wanted me to pay for them to ship me the replacement AND it would be 7-10 business days. Two weeks and I'm supposed to pay shipping both ways. So we're looking at twenty bucks or so to get a replacement UNDER WARRANTY.

If you have a defective unit upon purchase, just return it through Amazon!!!! I'm SOL because it's 8 months which exceeds Amazon's return limit for items.

I told Cuisinart I would call them back if I didn't find another immersion blender from another brand that I wanted to buy. I think I would rather buy something else instead of risk having another one of these units die in another 8 months. They are cutting corners on their manufacturer warranty and betting that people will pay the shipping because they are already invested in their product.

Oh review on the hand blender while it worked:
* it did have good power.
* It IS a BIG hand blender. Unit is three pieces - 1) the charging battery handle portion connects to 2) the motor portion connects to 3) the stick and blade OR your mini food processor. It's a little unwieldy.
* And I sometimes had a hard time getting it situated to charge (had to be "just so" in the electrical socket.) In retrospect I probably should have simply returned it because of that but it still worked and blended well ... while it lasted.

Meh.
on August 29, 2009
I am so irritated right now. I'll bet this is a wonderful product but mine was defective out of the box. The hand motor wouldn't properly attach to the attachments rendering it utterly useless. I am so, so disappointed. I don't know if I need to purchase a new hand motor or if I need new attachments. Very disappointed. Cuisinart is a good name in kitchen aids and I have a few other products made by them but this is the first time I bought a product EVER by any company that didn't work at all out of the box. What a waste of money!
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2013
This unit worked great only the first couple months. Then it slowly lost the ability to hold a charge. After about three months it would not even hold a charge and it stopped working entirely. I had emailed Cuisinart telling then of my problem and received no support. I finally threw it away as it was wasting space in the kitchen drawer. We have many other Cuisinart products and they work well. Other kitchen appliances I have had problems with I have been able to work with the manufacturer and get replacement parts as needed. The combination of a poor product and poor support prompts the very low rating.
on December 16, 2013
I bought this stick blender on July 4, 2012. Initially I liked it but after about 3 - 4 months of occasional use the blender started to lose power rather quickly and has been declining since.

Today I drain the battery down leave it for a few days on the counter and push the blender button and hold it until it it weak enough to stop it with my other hand. Then I drain it until it stops working at all. I leave it for a few days and try it again. If there is no response I plug it in to charge. This will be good for a quick blend or mix of something like a liquid oatmeal. If the oatmeal is too thick it won't finish the job.

I still use it but what a pain.

It probably is uncomfortable for many people. I am a gadget guy and don't mind big and bulky. But I do agree that the button can become tiring to depress. It should be easier to operate. I wish that the batteries were made of Lithium Ion so that they worked better and longer.
on December 5, 2013
Shame on you, Cuisinart! I have owned this blender for less than two months, and already it doesn't recharge properly. Having read some reviews about the unreliable rechargeable battery, I was careful to follow manufacturer's directions about running it completely down and recharging completely frequently. I have left it plugged in when not in use, but now the blender just runs slowly, like the battery is nearly dead. Running it down is tedious, too. The button has to be held down by hand for a half hour or so.
While it was working properly, it was a wonderful little blender that blended all the lumps out of anything.
on December 23, 2013
I bought this cordless immersion blender a year ago to replace my perfectly functioning 10 year old corded Cuisinart immersion blender. I thought it would be so convenient to be able to use this blender anywhere in the kitchen but it ended up making food preparation much more difficult. The battery takes ages to charge and once it is charged, the power doesn't last very long. While it's fully charged, it's not able to blend as well as the old corded version. I used to be able to make lovely green smoothies with my corded hand blender but the cordless version just makes a gross chunky mess. Unfortunately, I gave my old blender to my sister and threw the box and receipt away so I am stuck with this poor functioning model. A year later, it's functioning even worse than before and can barely hold a charge for a minute. It's in the trash once I find a replacement. I'm thinking of getting the Waring Commercial Immersion blender and buying a separate hand whisk.

After 18 months, the Cuisinart hand blender completely fell apart, the blade broke in half and I ended up with pieces of broken metal in my broccoli soup.
on August 22, 2013
I just got this cordless cuisinart blender and it has almost no power to it from day number one although I charged it for who knows how long, after a minute of use it sounds like the battery is almost dead and it doesn't blend now your stuff
Stick to the corded ones it has stronger and constant power
on August 25, 2011
Virtually everything about this stick blender is well-conceived and well-designed. Battery-powered with good battery life. Powerful. Good attachments, which are included with it. Mixes well. Exceptionally easy to clean, in part because of splitting up into three pieces. My only minor criticism is that the connection between the battery and motor housing is a little rickety, but only I do mean only "a little."

This is definitely among the more-inspired purchases I've made in recent months or even years!
on October 23, 2012
This is the 4th or 5th Blender on a stick I have tried. The last cordless one I had was a Braun, which you had to put into a charger after each use. After 1 1/2 hyrs. in a small commercial kitchen, it died.
This one is great. The push out plug aparatus eliminated the need for finding a dedicated space for a charger base.
you just push out the plugs and then plug it into an outlet. easy. it has only 1 speed. a 2 speed unit would be great.. But the blades are powerful enough to puree 1/4" diced veggies, and it holds a charge for more than one
consecutive task.
In my kitchen, the small steam kettle and the burners do not have electric outlets near them, so the cordless feature
is great. At less than $100 it's a bargain.
on March 24, 2013
I like this product. Comes with some neat attachments. Its large in your hand and a bit cumbersome. The battery life is a bit short. I recharge it, about once a week and I don't use it that often. If I had to do it again, I would probably still buy it.