Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

on August 5, 2012
I chose the Cuisinart brand for known quality.

- The stainless steel is a good quality being bright versus dull and is thick/sturdy. It appears that the mesh will not separate from the strainer rim. The handles also are well connected to the strainer rim.
- The mesh is fine enough to strain grain products such as rice and quinoa and yet sturdy enough to hold up in use and storage. My previous strainers dented and didn't retain their shape whereas these are pliable but go back to their original shape right away.
- When filled, the largest strainer feels balanced. I can hold a strainer full of berries and run water while bouncing the strainer up and down to rotate the berries under water and feel in control of the strainer. My older one felt like the strainer portion was always tipping away from me and that the handle wasn't sturdy enough to counter balance the strainer.

They say dishwasher safe however I don't intend on putting them in the dishwasher but rather I hand wash and dry since it's so quick and easy.

So far I feel as though I made an excellent choice. I'll edit this review if I find out otherwise.

Sept 2013
It is still an excellent product for the price. It remains looking like new even though I've used it daily for a year.
99 comments|171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
These strainers are good quality. The mesh is thin and bendy, so don't expect these to keep their shape well or last through lots of heavy work, but they are still a well made product. They should last as long as you don't strain the mesh too much. The frames are solid and durable. Just be careful what you order them with; I ordered a book with mine, and they arrived with the book placed ON TOP of the strainers, so the largest strainer was mashed.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
Works great for fine items such as quinoa and lentils.Mine have been through the dishwasher several times and there is no rust forming.
on December 14, 2012
Three sizes for everything!

Large: Pasta, etc.

Medium: Single serving of pasta, rice, or fruits/veggies

Small: Perfect for some home brew tea.
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2013
They're reasonably priced. They strain. They're sturdy. The handle holds the weight without any parts bending even with a full load of wet quinoa.
on November 12, 2012
These strainers work great, and look good to boot. I use the small one for a variety of tasks, including straining eggs and dusting powdered sugar. Works well with either task. The construction seems quite sturdy. I've purchased other strainers where the mesh has separated from the rim. I don't expect that to be an issue with these Cuisinart strainers.
on January 7, 2016
I have a lot of Cuisinart products and have great faith in their products so I didn't even research these strainers before I purchased them. When they arrived, they seemed of high quality and I was happy with them so I put them in the cabinet and moved on. A few months later when I went to use the large one for some vegetables, the handle just snapped right off. There wasn't anymore weight than what a strainer should be able to handle so I was very put off. The spot welds that Cuisinart used must be of poor quality because after one use they just gave out.
review image
on December 17, 2012
The mesh is sturdy, and the strainers are not flimsy. They sit nicely on my pots and containers, and I don't have to worry about the strainers falling.
on June 9, 2015
review image review image
on March 4, 2013
These are inexpensive, and in that respect, they are worth it. But they aren't sturdy. I strained fruit through the largest strainer while making marmalade, and I could feel the strainer bend under the strain. Not much, and not like it was going to break on the spot, but clearly indicating that for heavy duty work, these aren't the necessary tools. If you're just straining a bit of flour, or some such, you're probably fine. Just don't expect these to be workhorses that will last through years of hard work.
55 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse