5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
This is about the most usefull cooking device I have seen. It does everything you normally would typically do with a slow cooker plus roasting, searing, steaming and baking. Making a roast now allows you to do everything without dirting additional pots and control the cooking process as you want. The controls work well and allow a lot of flexibility.
It is easy to...
Published on September 12, 2011 by Mud Ducky

3.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine EXCEPT...
Loved this machine. Really hated to send it back but I had to. Twice. I purchased it from Williams Sonoma and thank goodness they have great customer service. The same things happened to both machines.

Published on April 4, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine EXCEPT..., April 4, 2012
Amazon Customer (BARTLESVILLE, OK, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart

1) The front control panel will crack if you use it often or let it get very hot. The first time the crack was really bad but the second time I tried to live with a small crack until...

2) The non-stick interior will eventually bubble, peel and crack EVEN WITH BABYING IT. I never used anything but silicone or wood to stir and I hand washed the item and it still eventually bubbled and peeled.

Lastly, the machine was a bit temperamental but I finally figured out the lid placement has something to do with it actually functioning as intended.

Again, I was willing to live with it because I loved to brown items directly in the pot but I can't live with bits of non-stick surface in my food.

1.0 out of 5 stars No stars for this one, none, February 24, 2012
B. Kazior (Los Angeles, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
First of all, chef's catalogue has fantastic customer service. Fantastic. Which is great as i had to ship this thing back three times, and each time they promptly gave me free shipping label before I gave up and decided to opt for refund.
The concept is fantastic, the simplicity of using and cleaning is worth $199, however I would pay twice as much if only this thing worked. It works beautifully first time, sometimes second - but that third time is a charm - the display just does not match the temperature inside and the timer does not change therefore you end up with beautifully overlooked and burnt meal. By hey, at least it is easy to clean and ship back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to its potential, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
I received this appliance for Christmas, 2011, and it no longer works. It is still technically under warranty, but I'm not sure I want another one.

When the unit gets hot, the control panel will crack. I've seen other reviews mention this as well. The display on my cooker has a big crack in it. Come on, if you're cooking in it, of course it is going to get hot. I use the cooker to make broth, and the long simmer time is apparently more than this is built to take.

The nonstick surface is not durable. The finish looks terrible, even though I have used the proper utensils and it's always hand washed. I have non-stick frying pans from Costco that take daily abuse that are in far better condition than this.

The final straw was last week, when the display quit working entirely, and I can no longer turn it on.

Really disappointing. I like the idea of this appliance a lot, but the reality is that it just isn't up to the tasks it's supposedly designed for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 12, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
It is easy to clean as well. Well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars It has been a valuable dinner time tool, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
I've had this cooker (the same one) for almost a year. It has worked wonderfully and I haven't had any major problems. There are a few minor things that I would change, such as adding an insert along with the steamer basket so that I can steam rice, but I get around that problem with using an oven safe bowl that can sit on the included basket. I have noticed that the non stick insert has to be seated just right or the cooker will not work, the first time I had this problem I thought that the thing was broken, until I played with it a little. Also, I have noticed a small crack forming around the side of the display. I'm not sure if that is a defect because the unit gets hot (as other posters had mentioned) or if it got whacked when someone was putting it away -because it sticks out pretty far from the front of the cooker. The crack has been the same for about three months and is not getting bigger or interrupting any cooking process so at this point, I'm OK with it. Other than that, it is a great cooker and its large enough to make meals for when we have company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome appliance, January 22, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
I have had this Multi-cooker for several months now and frankly, it's one of best appliances I have ever owned. I use it a couple of times of week. It's makes complex recipes easy. You can saute/brown the meat in the pot and when that is complete, simply switch to slow cook and add the remaining ingredients to complete the dish. How can you go wrong, you can fry/saute, roast, slow cook and steam all in the same pot? Easy clean up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product - terrible customer care, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
I purchased this at a local department store a few months ago, not Amazon, but was so appalled at the both the quality of the product as well as the customer service I received, that I felt I needed to warn others.

This product runs extremely hot. They recommend you cook a roast beef at 425. From previous experience with how hot it runs, I used 300 instead. The roast was totally overcooked in much less time than recommended (even at this lower temp. can't imagine how bad it would have been at 425). Also, the drippings were so burnt, that I couldn't use them for gravy. It was like black tar and incredibly bitter (not good for you health wise either, I'm sure).

Then there's the problem of the metal rack causing the scratches in the non-stick insert/pan. I took photographs to show them, that this is the only place there are scratches (I've only used silicone tools and a soft sponge to clean). The scratches have now turned into peeling teflon that is getting into the food.

In other words, I can't use the appliance anymore. I sent Cuisinart pictures of the mess inside the pan, and they told, me it's not covered by warranty because it's cosmetic.

A scratch on the outside of the appliance would be cosmetic, peeling teflon where the food sits makes the appliance useless, thus not cosmetic, it affects function.

I have, for many years bought Cuisinart appliances, I have their toaster oven, pizza oven, coffee maker, spice grinder, food processor, all of which, I've been happy with.

This experience with the multi cooker has literally and figuratively left such a bad taste in my mouth, I will no longer purchase or recommend them.

Once I used it, and saw how badly designed it was (because of how hot it ran, and the rack leaving scratches first time out), I would have returned it. Unfortunately, the department store doesn't take returns once you've used it.

I am now stuck with a $200.00 paper weight. I see no reason to purchase a new insert, only to have it do the same thing.

...and really, why should I have to fork over any more money, when it's obviously a badly thought out and executed appliance. I don't believe the customer is always right, but in this case they are, and the company doesn't care one bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this cooker!, May 2, 2012
Carol R (Pickering, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
Purchased the Cuisinart 4-in-1 cooker after a disaster with the lid of my old oval Rival Crock-Pot.

So far have done BBQ ribs (slow cooker), roast chicken (slow cooker recipe), Pork Button Ribs with garlic, peppers, and black bean sauce (browning and stir frying), and the most amazing corned beef brisket we've ever eaten.

Love that you can switch back and forth between cooking functions and temperatures while in operation. Cleanup is an absolute breeze. Good capacity (cooked 2 packaged corned beef briskets at once with plenty of room).

It is worth noting that when "slow cooking", the "simmer" setting is closest to the "low" setting on a regular crock-pot (I actually thought "simmer" would be higher than "low", but not so).

Looks great on the counter, and is living there (our old crock-pot stayed out of sight when not being used). Got it on sale and don't regret my purchase for an instant - fabulous buy!

My only issue with this cooker is that there is no "delay timer", which should have been easy to include since this is a feature of bread machines and many rice cookers.

Pros: No stick, easy to clean, insert is light weight as opposed to a heavy "crock" insert, high quality, stain resistant, attractive design.

Cons: None, really, other than lack of "delay start" function.

1.0 out of 5 stars buyer beware, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
In my opinion, this is a really terrible product. I had one, it worked well ~4 times. Then it started running for weird times and at weird temperatures. Then after the 6th time we used it, the control panel wouldn't respond to anything and just kept flashing. We tried everything we could think of it but it wouldn't turn on. Save yourself the trouble and buy a different product!

1.0 out of 5 stars It's going back, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart
This arrived on Friday. Had a difficult time getting it started on Saturday, but finally the meal was good. Tried to use it on Sunday and it turned itself off 3 times. Not Worth the trouble, it's going back!

Cuisinart Cook Central Multi-Cooker, 7-Quart