Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

20%
80%

on March 15, 2013
Have had four of these units, all four have been returned to the store for replacement. After maybe 6 mo. at most unit overheats and becomes unusable. Not to mention if there was anything flammable close by it could be a disaster. I was probably foolish for trying four of them, but the store policy replaced it for free and at over $100.00 could not just throw it out. We have made cuisinart aware of this issue but apparently nothing is being done to fix the issue. There should be an immediate recall on these units before someone pays the ultimate price. I would also suggest Amazon should no longer offer this product!
on November 19, 2012
We purchased the Cuisinart DCC-2205tn 14 cup programmable coffeemaker about 6 months age as we just have to have our coffee. This morning I heard a weird noise and when I went to the kitchen I saw and smelled electrical smoke coming out of the machine. I immediately unplugged the unit and was horrified to find it had burned a plastic container of sugar sitting next to it and large amounts of smoke was coming out of it. Fortunately I had the unit sitting on a glass tray or it definitely would have burned my counter.

I'm filing a complaint with Consumer Reports and Cuisinart and returning the unit.
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
First let me say I did not buy this coffee maker from Amazon, however over the past 3 years I have had 2 of them. The first one lasted about 2 1/2 years ago. Close enough to warranty that I did not bother to try and get it replaced. However, my second one which is about 1 year old died 2 days ago and I have yet to hear back from Cuisinart. In both cases there was a strange burnt odor that I noticed as I worked in the kitchen. Both times the pot was not making coffee but sitting with fresh coffee in it and still on. Fortunately, nothing melted or caught fire next to the coffee makers.

I am going to see if the store where I bought it will do anything for me. Because, I need a 14 cup coffee maker NOW!!!. We drink a lot of coffee in this house, both caffeinated and decaf.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2015
Each time the lid is lifted to add water, the condisation that has nowhere to go drain. The water flows down the back of the machine leaving a large amount of water on the kitchen counter.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
The glass carafe on this cracked after less than 3 months, but I was fortunate to have it replaced for free. The second one lasted maybe 6 months, when again the carafe cracked. Trust me, I have tons of glassware in my kitchen and know how to care for it - this is incredibly flimsy and definitely not worth the money. Switching brands, and going for stainless steel next.

See 1 answered question