Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central 14-Cup Programmabl...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 41% off the $185.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 14-cup (5 ounces each) programmable coffeemaker with glass carafe
- Brew-pause function; 1- to 4-cup setting; regular and bold flavor-strength settings
- Heater plate with adjustable temperature; 0- to 4-hour automatic shut-off
- Permanent Gold Tone filter, charcoal water filter, and instruction book included
- Measures approximately 11 by 9-3/5 by 16-1/5 inches; 3-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart DCC-2600 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The Quest for a Perfect Cup of Coffee
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Element 1. Water:
Coffee is 98% water. Often overlooked, the quality of the water is as important as the quality of the coffee. A good rule of thumb is that if your water doesn’t taste good from the tap, it won’t taste any better in your coffee. That’s why Cuisinart has added a water filter to the 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. The charcoal water filter removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors, for the purest cup of coffee every time.
Element 2. Coffee:
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality of coffee you receive at a coffee bar, you need to use the same quality beans. Buy the beans fresh and whole, only about a two weeks’ supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly. If it is not practical to buy small supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans into one to two week portions immediately after purchase, and freeze them in airtight containers. The best way to maximize freshness is to minimize exposure to air, light and moisture. So, once removed from the freezer, beans should be maintained in a sealed container at room temperature, since damaging condensation occurs every time the beans are removed from the freezer or refrigerator. Note that some coffee experts advise against freezing dark-roast beans, because freezing can cause the oils to coagulate. Other experts disagree. We suggest you experiment and decide yourself.
Element 3. Grind:
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and bitterness will result. Too fine a grind may also clog the filter. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too quickly and the desired flavors will not be extracted. A medium-fine grind is recommended.
Element 4. Proportion:
Coffee that is too strong or too weak is always a disappointment. Add 1 level scoop of ground coffee per cup and adjust the amount according to taste. Note: the maximum capacity for ground coffee is 17 tablespoons for the 12-cup coffeemaker. Exceeding this amount may cause overflow if the coffee is too finely ground.
Features and Benefits
- Reservoir Cover: Flips back for easy filling.
- Water Reservoir with Water Level Indicator Window: Open the reservoir cover by lifting it up. Pour in the desired amount of water using the water level indicator located at the side of the coffeemaker window.
- Showerhead: Distributes water evenly over coffee, reducing temperature loss as water passes through grounds.
- Charcoal Water Filter: Charcoal water filter eliminates chlorine, calcium and bad tastes or odors from tap water. Cuisinart recommends changing the water filter every 60 days or 60 uses – or more often if you have hard water.
- Filter Basket: Holds a #4 paper filter or a permanent filter.
- Control Panel:
- On/Off Button, Clock display, Hour and Minute Buttons.
- Strength Selector: Regular and Bold buttons let you choose the intensity of coffee flavor you prefer.
- Carafe Temperature Knob: For controlling the temperature of the coffee after brewing. There are three temperature settings high, medium and low.
- 1- to 4-Cup Setting: The 1- to 4-cup setting button is used when you make small amounts of coffee. Normal coffeemakers will produce a colder batch of coffee when smaller amounts are made, because the heater doesn’t have enough time to properly ‘warm up’ to heat a small amount. The 1- to 4-cup setting basically ‘double heats’ the water, making your smaller amounts as piping hot as a full pot would be. To use simply press the 1- to 4-cup button on the control panel after turning on the unit.
- Self-Clean Setting: Tells you when it’s time to clean your coffeemaker. Remove built-up calcification from the water reservoir, to help extend the life of your coffeemaker.
- Function Knob: Includes Program, Auto On, Auto Off, Brew, Clock and Audible Tone: Coffeemaker can be programmable to automatically start brewing up to 24 hours in advance and can be programmed to shut off up to 4 hours after brewing. The Audible Tone signals the end of the brew cycle with five beeps (coffee will continue to stream from the filter for a few seconds after the tone).
- Brew Pause: Stops flow of coffee from basket when carafe is removed (30 seconds max) from the heater plate, so a cup can be poured in mid-brew. Since the flavor extraction rate varies during the brew cycle, we recommend allowing the brewing cycle to finish before pouring the coffee. The coffee brewed at the beginning of the cycle has a flavor profile which is very different from the flavor at the end of the cycle. Once the coffee has finished brewing, stir it before serving to blend the flavors. The coffee at the bottom of the carafe will be somewhat stronger than the coffee at the top.
- Carafe: The easy pour, no drip 14-cup glass carafe has an ergonomic handle and brewed coffee markings for two to fourteen cups.
- Adjustable Heater Plate: Allows you to keep brewed coffee at desired temperature. Scratch resistant with black, nonstick coating.
- Cord Storage
- Power Loss Backup System: One minute protection in case a breaker trips, the unit is unplugged, or the power fails. It holds all programmed information, including time of day, auto on time and auto off time.
- Measuring Scoop
Top Customer Reviews
I have to agree with other reviewers that most, if not all, problems are corrected with this model. I use much less coffee with this model than I did with my last. Water is easy to pour into the tank with very little care. You do have to pull the unit forward to open the lid. A good bit of steam comes out the top, so I found it is best to have a plastic sheet over my upper cabinet's underside to protect it. I really like the outside of the unit, which is fairly fingerprint-free with regular use.
The pot lid can take a little bit of fuss (about 3 seconds) to align just right. It doesn't drip at all, and it pours at just the right rate, not fast enough to splash, but not slow at all. The lid pops off easily for cleaning. The pot in hand feels great, even when full. It is easy to hold and pour with no strain or heat.
I love the 3 temp warmer plate (the low setting keeps it a bit hotter than drinkable), and the beeper to tell you that coffee is ready, or that the warmer plate is turning off. It is just the right pitch, tone quality, and loudness whether sitting in the kitchen or a room away and is not annoying at all for my sensitive ears, while my husband - who has trouble hearing beep tones - hears it well.
All the buttons are intuitive, and I love having the little round knobs vs touch pads and toggles.Read more ›
The coffee tastes the same: great. It still takes about one minute per cup. That is perhaps a tad too much time but I don't care. I can always do something else while it is brewing. After all, a super cup of coffee is worth waiting a few minutes. I can always set the timer and have it ready when I awaken. The setting process is still simple enough for me to do. I really like being able to see the plain water display on the outside instead of having to strain and look over the top of the pot. That's a nice enhancement just as it the anti-drip change Cuisinart made.
I'm not an interior designer; however, I like the changes made to the outside appearances of this pot compared to the DCC-1200. I just looks better to me. The included gold filter is a nice touch and its inclusion should be a constant; however, I still prefer the cheap, paper filters. Paper filters are easier to clean up from than the gold filter. That is the only reason for my statement.
Best friends do not let you down and this pot pumps coffee without one retort. It works well and performs the job with vigor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So we drink a really unreasonable amount of coffee in my house and we're pretty picky. For the life of me I don't understand why hot water dripping through coffee tastes different... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Rob
So far so good. Looks nice on the counter and love how you can change the temp of how hot you want your coffee.Published 1 month ago by William
This coffee maker was purchased for my husband and I as a Christmas gift. We are big coffee drinkers, picky about beans we use, flavor of coffee, methods of brewing, etc. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great coffee pot make great coffee. Only problem is the top to the pot does not fit well and leaks when pouring the water into the maker and when pouring coffee.Published 1 month ago by Terry Ashworth
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.