Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 306 questions
votes
Good question - it's hard to tell from the descriptions. I've used both. The DLC-10 comes with a dough blade, an additional flat (non-pusher) cover, and an instuctional video. I rarely use those items - when I bake, I don't knead dough in a machine, and it's just as easy to pour liquids in through the standard pusher cover. The video is well-made and helpful, but only if you've never used a Cuisinart before. All of that one could tell mostly just by looking at the pictures, but the main two SIGNIFICANT differences are the pusher cover; and the way the accessory blades are used. First, the cover on the DLC-5 has a wide hole; the DLC-10 has a 2-in-1 design with a large AND small hole - so that, for example, one can slice one carrot in the DLC-10, but not as easily or cleanly in the DLC-5. It would tend to move around and result in uneven slices. Second, the way the blades attach in the DLC-10 is a tiny bit more complicated, but makes them much more suitable for heavier-duty use. Also, because of this design, the DLC-10 can use the dozen or more standard accessory discs, but the DLC-5 can use only the two discs made specifically for it (although one could certainly buy the $10 adapter stem to use the others). Bottom line: the DLC-10 is slightly more complex, but more flexible in use and more expandable, and comes with more accessories. The respective models are the exact SAME price (at least today!), so I'd definitely get the DLC-10. (The DLC-10 I bought over 15 years ago and use every day is still working perfectly, so I don't need a new one yet!)
Jul 13, 2006 by Matt3141
votes
I use mine all the time for bread. My recipe actually calls for about the same amount of ingredients you use but have found that, because this does such a good job in 3 minutes of processing, I have cut back to about 2 1/2 cups of dry ingredients and I get an even nicer, lighter bread. Let me also suggest that,even though the friction of the processing DOES warm the dough substantially, I've learned that starting with 95 degree (F) water helps the dough rise faster and better. I find that no less than 2 min nor more than 3 min of "run" time is perfect for WONDERFUL bread.
Sep 8, 2012 by scgvegas
votes
is it dish washer safe Jan 25, 2014
Yes. I put it on the top rack to be safer.
Jan 25, 2014 by sueg
votes
Blender Jan 3, 2014
That's not a question, Fran. But if you meant, "does this product work like a blender," then, the answer is no. If you put too much liquid in it, it leaks. It's a food processor, and it's meant to chop solid to semi solid food products.
Jan 4, 2014 by TitoPuente McGillicutty
votes
Yes you can and no oil! Go to google. Type in myfrugaladventures.com/.../easy-homemade-almond-butter It tells you how to what to and enjoy.
Nov 15, 2013 by Doug Ratelle Sr.
vote
This is a great Salsa Maker. I do recommend doing the tomatoes by hand though if you want it super chunky. My way of doing Salsa. 5 roma tomatoes cored 1 bunch of green onions 1/4 cup of cilantro with no stems 1 jalapeno (boil to soften first), stems removed Salt to taste For the tomatoes, 3 of them I cut in half and place in the food processor, the other two I chop to my liking and set aside. The onions I rough cut (I use the whole thing minus the roots) and place in the processor. Then add everything else minus the tomatoes that I set aside and pulse till I get the consistency I like. I then put everything in a bowl with the tomatoes I set aside. Perfect every time
Sep 5, 2011 by photohap
vote
Nope, this one is very easy to take apart to store or to clean. blades are very sharp so be careful. but the rest is a snap to clean.
Jul 21, 2013 by Ron C. Weber
vote
The 10S has a 600 watt motor and the 2007N only has a 500w. Also, the 10S comes with two tops; one with the feeding tube the other flat with a removable plastic stopper so you can add oil or other ingredients while it processes. The flat top is great when you're making something which doesn't require the tube. It is easier and quicker to clean since it lacks all the little nooks and crannies that need to be cleaned when you use the top with the feeding tube. The price was close enough for me that the extra power and the convinence of the two tops made the 10S the one I chose.
Jan 22, 2014 by John Bradshaw
vote
The slicing disc that's included with the processor is 4mm which will produce slices a little thicker than 1/8 inch. There is a 3mm slicing blade that makes slices that are a bit shy of 1/8". The smallest slicing disc for this model is 2mm which of course will make slices thinner than 1/8". Both discs are sold separately. The thickest blade is the 6mm that makes 1/4" slices. It is also sold separately. The blades are super sharp so slicing is a breeze. However, depending upon the size of the potato, assuming you mean potato chips, you may have to cut the potatoes to fit inside the feed tube so you may wind up with half moon slices instead of round slices.
Dec 19, 2008 by Spyce
vote
Carrot raisen salad is one of my favorite salads/side dishes and I think the Cuisinart 10S Pro does a great job of grating the carrots in an instant. Also for Carrot Cake, lots of carrots required for this recipe and it does this very quickly. I'm very happy with it.
Aug 26, 2013 by Mary
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   31   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers