Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Style Name: DLC-10SChange
Price:$109.95+ Free shipping

on July 5, 2014
Easy to use, nice that all the parts go in the dishwasher. Quite small capacity but perfect an individual, couple or very small family. It takes up very little space on the counter. I've used it to process walnuts, cashews and shred cheese so far and it has done a good job but working with nuts takes a little finesse regardless of what machine is used. I've had other chopping machines but every time I went to choose a food processor, the number of options and choice was overwhelming to me so I could never make a decision. However I make almost everything from scratch now and my little choppers and knife work was taking up too much time and energy. So I came on Amazon and resolved to buy the top rated medium size consumer machine. I am happy so far and can't believe it took me so long to upgrade from choppers to the real thing. This is 1000 times better.
on August 27, 2009
We have owned this product for over a year and use it several times a week. It handles everything that we have thrown at it without complaint and it shows absolutely no sign of any design flaws or other problems.

The extra blades and such that are included for the reasonable price just add to the value.

No wonder this product has garnered so many glowing reviews here and elsewhere. I have just got done reading the handful of 1-2 star ratings and was left scratching my head in confusion. Are these folks talking about the same unit that I bought????

I don't know what planet those folks are from, but aside from perhaps capacity issues, I could not find a single complaint that made the slightest bit of sense to me as an experienced owner/user of this product.

Buy one for yourself with confidence! You will not be disappointed!
on December 15, 2010
This is not the first time I have purchased this item. I have now grown into a 11 cup processor. I have purchased two of these processors for my childrens home for christmas. Because when I am at their house I want to use good equipment. I have had this one product for at least 20 years, if it wasn't for the fact that the individual parts are so expensive, I would continue to use this same machine. I have the 20 year old one at my cottage, this past season the bowl broke and to replace just the top and bowl it would cost 100.00. To replace the whole machine it is $100.00. So this year I will be replacing my cottage processor.
Not that the machine itself needs to be replaced but the bowls. One piece of advice, do not put in dish washer even though it says it is ok, it discolors the bowl. Enjoy this product I know I do every day.
on March 30, 2015
My last Cuisinart food processor was awesome! I received it as a wedding gift 19+ years ago and never had a problem with it until my son grated too much cheese at one time and broke it, thus the reason I replaced it with a new Cuisinart model. I'm so disappointed. This one has a "safety" top to prevent accidents, however it takes forever to engage, and then you have to constantly stop to re-add food since the reservoir doesn't hold much - which does not make it a convenient and fast alternative anymore. Also, I'm not sure if the plastic has been changed, but within a couple of months the top latch broke right off. This is so not the Cuisinart Food Processor of the 90's. If you want to keep the name Cuisinart and the word quality linked, stop taking short cuts. Ordering the new product was a waste of money. #bummed
on September 6, 2009
My household just started the South Beach Diet this past week and I decided it was time to invest in a food processor for help with all the prep work we were going to have to do. The first two weeks of the diet you are eating ALOT of salads and this has been a godsend! Using the Cuisinart I can chop, slice and fill stackable storage canisters full of veggies in just minutes. Our fridge looks kinda like a salad bar. It was so tiring to have to hand chop/slice so much for each individual meal (cooking for 4 adults). This way we can just pull out a container of whatever is needed for omlets, salads, and side dishes or relishes. Spend about 15 minutes prep work time and you're set up for the week. I have found cleanup of the Cuisinart to be very quick and easy. I was initially intimidated to start using it (thought it was going to be difficult) but I read the inclosed instruction booklet beforehand and it was a snap. So far the 7 cup seems to be plenty large enough for 4 people. I'm really anxious to start using it to make soups too. After cruising the Amazon cookbooks I ordered a couple of cookbooks geared towards food processors. I had a food processor back in the 80's and it basically gathered dust because I didn't know how to REALLY use it. Now I'm ready to use this sucker for everything I can think of in the kitchen. It's a whole lot cheaper than a set of good kitchen knives too (hey for us non pro chefs this is a huge plus). Anyway I'd say this is a great addition to any kitchen that spends any amount of time slicing, dicing and chopping. Great for those perfectly sliced lemons for your water or tea.
on October 10, 2012
What a heavy, solidly-built machine! It's just the right size for keeping on my countertop for easy access. If you have a large family, you'll want to get the 11-cup size Cuisinart Food Processor. I wasn't quite sure which size to buy, but for a family of four this model is quite adequate. It's not loud like I thought it might be. I'm very pleased with the safe and excellent performance.

Making chicken salad is a snap (or should I say a pulse.) :o) I've made bread crumbs for meatloaf, tomato puree for canning from my garden tomatoes, cole slaw, and sliced apples for pie. I'm looking forward to using the fine blade I purchased separately to make carrot/raisin salad like they sell at Chick-fil-A. Love that salad, and I was even fortunate to find their recipe online some time ago! Happy Processing!
on November 28, 2011
My husband bought me a compact Cuisinart food processor 7 or 8 years ago. I used it almost every day for making salads, chopping meat for dog food, making salsa, etc. I put the washable parts in the dish washer for easy cleaning or just rinsed it under hot water. It sat permanently on my counter for easy access. Due to limited counter space it was the perfect size. After all those years of hard use, I tried to chop ice cubes with it and broke the blade (not very smart on my part). My work was so much harder and took so much longer without it that I went on line and ordered another one just like it. It now sits where my old one did and is busy every day just as my old one was. It is the most used small kitchen appliance that I own. I am lost without it. Norma Rogers
on December 14, 2010
I purchased this processor 2 years ago when going on the raw food diet and use it to this day. The blades are still sharp, there is very minimal rusting on them, even though I use it at least once a week. It grinds nuts with no problem, making them into a paste if there is a need. It also cuts tomatoes without making them into mush. The size is perfect for 1-3 people. It is also rather compact, fitting into my tiny kitchen perfectly. Makes salads in a jiffy, cuts down cooking time significantly. Easy to wash. I would definitely recommend this food processor.

Update:4 years later and still running great with all original parts. The blade is duller, so it doesn't chop as finely, but still good enough that I don't need to change it just yet.
on January 12, 2015
This is the right size...

I used to own a monster 14 cup processor. It didn't get used because it was just so big. This 7 cup is, for me, a fun size. Making breakfast potatoes or slicing up salad veges is now a breeze. Some reviewers note having to process food in batches. That personally doesn't bother me.

On a separate purchase, I got the **awesome** 6-by-6mm french fry disk. I do a lot of stir fry vegetables, and that pumps out pound after pound of perfectly julienned veggies. It's so easy its freaky.

Anyhoo, this is just fun to have in the kitchen. It's large enough to slice, shred and chop. Not so big it's a pain to work with.

It's like a great wok. It's just fun.
on June 18, 2012
What more can be said for Cuisinart? DLC-10S is a simple, straight forward dependable kitchen wonder. Easy to use, easy to clean.