1,608 of 1,634 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job with no hassle
I avoided food processors in the past because the food chute was always too small, the motor wasn't up to the job, and they were a pain to clean. My fiancé bought me this food processor as a Christmas present. I'm pleased to say that we're both impressed by its appearance, thoughtful design, and performance.

The brushed stainless finish is attractive...
Published on December 30, 2008 by S. Albertini

910 of 1,007 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!
I did, what I thought was, a lot of research and really took my time picking out a new food processor. I own a 15 year old 11 cup kitchenaid processor that I use all the time. It's a great machine, but has been discontinued and I can't seem to order the parts I need for it right now. Thus, I figured it was time for a new one.

I think the new 12 cup kitchenaid...
Published on November 7, 2011 by M. G. Noble

1,608 of 1,634 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job with no hassle, December 30, 2008

The brushed stainless finish is attractive and easy to wipe clean. The handle-in-front work bowl design is accessible to me (right-handed) and him (left-handed) equally. The machine doesn't take up a huge amount of counter space, and sits securely without "walking" or shimmying even when processing heavy foods.

The work bowl has a HUGE opening that greatly reduces pre-prep knife time. However, you are not stuck using the big opening all the time. The pusher has a smaller round "sub-pusher" in it that provides a smaller opening for holding long vegetables upright or for adding liquids while in motion. The lid is secure but can be removed and replaced easily. Everything fits stably and securely on the motor base. Work bowl, lid, and pusher work together to make sure you are not exposed to sharp edges or flying food (so long as you don't stick your hand down the pusher opening). At 9 cups, the work bowl is the perfect size (7 cups is just barely too small for good processing, I've found).

The first thing I made with the processor was a turkey salad with leftovers from Christmas dinner. Big chunks of onion, celery, and green pepper chopped evenly in a few pulses using the S blade. Big chunks of cooked turkey chopped evenly and smoothly without pureeing. The included spatula got all the food out of the work bowl quickly without making a mess. I made homemade mayonnaise (successful my first time ever with homemade mayo) according to the recipe in the documentation, and threw in some herbs to mince while it was processing. I sliced a cucumber with the slicing disk and was startled how quickly it went through.

My fiancé walked in and said, "Wow, are you already done with that? I didn't even hear you." (The machine is quieter than my blender.) While I plated the salad, he washed the parts quickly with a soapy sponge and was surprised how easy it was.

It's important to know that this machine will take the same blades and attachments as the 7-cup version (the Prep 7, DLC-2007N). It doesn't say that on Amazon's or Cuisinart's site or anywhere in the documentation, but it does mention in a hard-to-notice place on the side of the box that it uses 7-cup processor parts. The set includes a standard 4mm slicing disk and a medium shredding disk, but I've ordered the 2mm slicing and a fine grating disk and plan to order the egg whisk later.

EDIT: I received the two disk attachments, and they fit and work just like the disks that came in the box. This verifies that the attachments for the 7-cup model fit this 9-cup model too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid, basic machine., June 15, 2008
Naomi Witzke "Earlybird78" (New Hope, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart DLC-2011CHB Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless (Kitchen)
My first attempt at purchasing a food processor was to buy the $69.99 Oster. I did this because of the price. Predictably, it did not perform well and I had to return it. Perhaps Oster does better with blenders, I don't know. After doing further research, I was torn between KitchenAid and Cuisinart. There are hordes of loyal followers in each camp on this issue, and it was hard to choose based on reviews. I finally just went with Cuisinart, because it happened to be the model that my local store carried. In general, I'm happy with the product and would recommend it to other home cooks. I've only had this appliance a few months, and I don't use it every day. I probably use it once every couple weeks because it's only my husband and me so I don't cook for a crowd. I do love to prep a lot of food and then freeze it ahead because I'm a busy teacher, so the processor is a big help with that. If it were not so heavy and easier to clean, I'd probably use it more because this workhorse really gets the job done fast. Here are my observations based on what I've done with it so far:

It is excellent at:
Making breadcrumbs (both fresh and dried)
Mincing fresh herbs
Chopping/mincing raw and cooked meats (like whole chicken for chicken patties etc.)
Making salsa

Pretty Good/Could Be Better:
Shredding carrots, cheese (very quick and uniform, but some gets stuck between the lid and the shredding disc)
Grating a wedge of Parmesan (I put small chunks of it in the bowl with the chopping blade, as it shows in the DVD demonstration - and the result was coarser than I expected. In the end it melted fine in the dish I was making (lasagna), but it just felt like coarse sand to me when I was finished processing it, rather than soft powdery flakes like you get when you use the fine holes on the box grater. Still, it sure was a heckuvalot quicker than doing it by hand. I guess I'd do it again, as long as it was being added to a dish that would be cooked, like pasta. To make a pile of Parm to serve at the table or to add to breading, I would still use a handheld Microplane zester.)

Not Good:
Slicing green onion by the bunch (it pulled them under the lid rather than slicing)

Cleanup and Handling
It's a little finicky to wash by hand, because there are nooks and crannies for stuff to get stuck in. So far with a little effort and some strong jets of water to shoot into the cracks, I've been able to get it clean. It MUST air-dry, because there's no way to get a towel into the handle, where some water collects. If I had a dishwasher I think cleanup would be a breeze. So far I've only used it when I had a big job to do, because otherwise it's just quicker to pull out the old cutting board and knife or the box grater. They're easier to haul out and quicker to clean. Speaking of which, this processor weighs about 12 pounds empty, and in the summer the rubber feet tend to "suction" themselves onto whatever surface they're sitting on. Not so easy to lift this baby down from on top of the fridge, I discovered - and I'm 5'9!. ' I would recommend storing this at countertop level or lower, and then lifting with your knees to save your back and shoulders.

Final Comments:
I am happy with my purchase and would buy another Cuisinart if this one ever dies. I wish it shredded things without pulling them sideways under the lid, but that's my only complaint - and actually, it's only a small amount that gets pulled under. In the end, I'd much rather use this processor to shred several pounds of cheese than to use the box grater. I would recommend this size to a family of 4 and up - unless you're like me, and you like to chop a bunch of stuff at once and then freeze or can it. Good product, decent price for what you get overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart stole my heart from Kitchenaid!!, January 7, 2006
I'm a Kitchenaid kind of girl, so when my husband surprised me with the Cuisinart Food Processor, I was faced with quite the quandry. I began to research both the Cuisinart 2011 and the Kitchenaid 760. The reviews pointed slightly towards the Kitchenaid so I figured I'd swap mine for it. I visited a local store to compare them in person and was so disappointed to realize that the Cuisinart fits together more securely and smoothly. In denial I stared at the blades for quite some time. Finally I had to admit to myself that the Cuisinart ones were heavier. They felt better and looked more solid. Oh how I tried to convince myself that the Kitchenaid was better. But I just didn't like how the top on the Kitchenaid snapped into place. It's not as smooth. The KA comes with more tools. Surely I'd end up with the Kitchenaid.

I went home and joined the online Kitchenaid Conversation Forum. Who does this? It's a group of people who post back and forth about their devotion to Kitchenaid. I begged Kitchenaid Rita to help me back on the righteous path.

Then I started using my Cuisianrt to test it out. I tried not to love it. I just couldn't help myself. It's so convenient to use. I started to think that the extra KA bowls might start to get on my nerves--always taking them in and out. I've made all kinds of things in my food processor. I made pizza dough. I can't believe I've been kneading by hand all these years. I made sweet potato chips; I made hummus and salsa... the list grows each day.

I actually use it all the time. And, it would be very much like me not to use it if it were at all hard to assemble or clean.

OK, there you have it. A perfectionist's testamonial and admission of betrayal. I do love my new Cuisinart 2011, and I feel guilty for ever having doubted it. And just last night my new TOB-165 Cuisinart Toaster Oven arrived. Review on that soon...

910 of 1,007 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, November 7, 2011

I think the new 12 cup kitchenaid leaves a lot to be desired in the new design, and the same is true for many of the new Cuisinart processors, but this unit got a very high rating from consumer reports. So, I went for it! I figured there was a 10 year motor and 3 year parts warranty, how big a chance could I be taking? Right?!

Well buyer, beware! I did notice some "wonky" reviews stating that these were refurbished units and only had a 90 day warranty, but many stated they purchased from a deal of the day, and I wasn't. I assumed these must be 2 different lots as Amazon is SO reliable in descriptions of merchandise. Well, guess what ...

First thing I did when I got it was pull it out and call Cuisinart. They verified from the serial # that it was a refurbished unit with a 90 day warranty. Second thing I did was pack it back up and send it back to Amazon with a less than friendly e-mail. Now, I am back on the hunt for a new food processor.

To Amazon's credit they stopped selling the machine about 1/2 hour after my e-mail was received and are "researching" what happened. I hope they do start selling the unit again, but properly advertised and possibly at a better price if it only has a 90 day warranty.

Addendum: I am Really disappointed in Amazon at present. They have officially begun selling these again. They are still listed with a sizable warranty (10/3 years) that is not actually included with this unit. This unit is refurbished, confirmed by Cuisinart, and is fraudulently being sold as new by Amazon. I wonder, now, if this is a regular practice, or maybe a new one? I wonder if some ambitious lawyer out there is going to come up with a huge lawsuit against Amazon... ?

Additional addendum: I called Cuisinart today (6/15/12) DLC-2011N Prep Plus 11 cup food processor was discontinued in 2010. I suspect it would be very difficult to find a new in box product at this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and efficient, February 24, 2009
After thirty years with my old Cuisinart food processor I decided it was time for an upgrade. I have used my new one to shred, slice and chop, which it does with speed and efficienc. The 9-cup bowl is bigger than what I was used to, but I love having that capacity - one can cook for just two, as I usually do, or for a group with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, September 16, 2009
P. McKenzie (Denville, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I spent a lot of time studying all kinds of food processors and settled on this model - it's great.

The container is a good size for all kinds of jobs. I still prefer this tool for something as simple as chopping onion and garlic - and it mixes up a batch of yeast bread coffee cake with equal good results (no 100 strokes).

Storing it is a pain in the neck. I have it broken down for storage and sometimes I grumble in putting it together - but I usually put in the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarification on Issue Raised in December 1 review, December 5, 2011
I saw a posted review from December I on "pack out" units. As I read the review, if you got the DLC-2011 model the serial number will either be engraved or on a label on the bottom of the unit. The other review as I read it seemed to indicate if your unit had a label instead of an engraved serial number the warranty was only 90 days. I spoke to Amazon at length on this (great customer service by the way). I also spoke with Cuisinart directly on December 5. The issue is NOT whether the serial number on the bottom of the unit is engraved or on a label, but whether it is a brand new unit or a refurbished unit. The way to tell according to Cuisinart is there will be a SR following the DLC-2011 number. That indicates a refurbished item. So, the unit being sold by Amazon is not refurbished according to them and they would indicate it was refurbished if that were the case. I hope this clarifies the review of December 1 on the issue. I will follow up on a detailed review of the product once received. I hope this helps if anyone else besides myself had a concern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous work horse!, January 8, 2009
A. Day "sunniday" (Crane, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I got this processor to replace my (still working) 5 yr old Cuisinart DLC-2011 white. This is a very similar model except that this one has a Stainless Metal base which is BEAUTIFUL and they have fixed a oddity of the previous model. In this model you can twist the lid off while the pusher assembly is still in the lid where as in my 5 yr old white DLC-2011 it required the extra step of removing the pusher first before you could remove the lid. There is a slightly different locking mechanism on this model that allows for this. This was a pleasant suprise that I was not expecting . I was fine with the other way because the machines capabilities far outweighed the little oddity. I had first accidently ordered the brushed chrome DLC-2011 and was dissapointed that it was infact silver plastic so I returned it to amazon. I then ordered this Brushed Stainless DLC-2011CHB machine and recieved it. I am so glad that I didnt settle for the silver plastic one as this processor really is nice looking. I think it is great to combine beauty with power and performance and this one has it all ! Highly reccomend.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great machine!, December 25, 2001
M. Katzovitz (Saint Louis Park, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This food processor does it all, and it does it fast. Clean up is ultra-easy, as all the parts are dishwasher safe. Missed 5 stars because the safety mechanism seems awkward when working with it, and the bowl doesn't seem to hold as much as the box claims. A new feature is the bread blade and bread button. I have tried this and it does a pretty good job of kneading. I have not had to contact customer service, which seems to be a common complaint with other users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything but take up excess space!, January 24, 2010
Linda H (St Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I have prepped meals for a growing family and their activities for many years burning out several low-end food processors. I finally received the Cuisinart Prep-9 for Christmas. Wow! You really do not know what you are missing until you use this one. The blades are infinitely sharper, motor quieter & stronger, and storage easier. I love, love, love the feed chute with the extra-wide mouth and cylinder inner tube for celery, etc. The 9-cup is just right for my current use.
I keep the protective plastic sheet that came on the slicing blade for storage so I don't have a careless mishap forgetting how much sharper the new blades are. All of the attachments and owner's manual fit in a Glad 13-cup square container, convenient, safe and cheaper than purchasing the Cuisinart blade storage container.

Rate and Discover Movies