Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 169 questions
votes
I make nut butters using a earlier version of this processor, and I accidentally stumbled onto the key to making almond butter in a flash (works with other nuts, too.) I microwaved 3/4 cup roasted almonds (raw works, too) until they were quite warm, but not hot. I put them immediately into the food processor bowl and started it up. I stepped away for a few minutes to make a cup of coffee -- thinking that even with the warm nuts it would take at least 10 minutes to make butter. However, when I stepped back the butter was done! Using the pre-heated method makes smooth butter in a few minutes, with no danger of over-heating the motor.
Jun 29, 2014 by Starfishin
votes
It has never been a problem...I just rinse it clean following use.
Oct 8, 2013 by Patricia Kierstyn
votes
Yes it sure can. However, sometimes I find that it does "too good of a job". On things like onion used in a potatoe salad, it comes out more minced than my husband and I like. Sorta ends up mushy and I have to drain the onion juice away from the end product. It might be me though... I prefer to chop onion with a manual chopper. "Carrots, etc?" I love it!!! You will too!! I can't recall the differentiations of this model vs another as I did a comparison with a good share of other models and brands a long while back. it has done a superb job!.... Hope this helps.
Jan 4, 2014 by m
votes
I have owned this unit for about 2 years. It is a workhorse. Quiet and efficient. I use it to process cabbage for sauerkraut. Usually 10 to 15 heads at a time. This is a very fast processor. I would purchase it again.
Mar 27, 2014 by Jlann
vote
Your question is about the 12-cup version but you posted it under the listing for the 14-cup model. The 12-cup and 14-cup, models differ not only in capacity but also in important features. The previous answers to your question apply to the 14-cup model, which does have three bowls. However, the 12-cup model has only two bowls. Other differences are that the 12-cup model lacks a dough setting (essentially a slower speed) and a retractable cord, although it does have space to manually wrap the cord around the bottom. P.S. Monique, I know this is too late to help you, but I'm hoping some of the other confused shoppers will find it helpful.
Mar 9, 2015 by mariolina
vote
It is made in China. Like 90% of all the electrical products I have bought. But never had a problem with them breaking down.
Feb 22, 2013 by Jeanette Csaszar
vote
It doesn't actually grind, but it chops meat pretty well. Cut the meat into half-inch cubes, put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes, and pulse to the texture you want. We like it pretty coarse, but I've accidentally chopped it finer and it doesn't smush if the meat is cold/firm enough.
Oct 26, 2013 by Liz in WA
vote
Put food in, push button. Put liquid in, push button. Is this a serious question?
Jan 23, 2014 by Tina
vote
I had a Black & Decker 7-cup food processor before, so I really can't comment on the 13 cup Kitchen Aid one. I really like the Cuisinart 14-cup. I haven't tried dough yet, but I've made chicken salad, sorbet, and hamburger (from very lean tenderloin beef), and it was very good for that. Unfortunately, for slicing vegetables, it's no better than my old Black and Decker: stuff tends to slide sideways and get caught between the metal plate and the lid. You really have to have the feeder tube stuffed tightly, and large, harder things like potatoes and big carrots work better than cucumbers or softer things.
Feb 17, 2014 by Mrs. Entity
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   17   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers