5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Useful And Easy to Clean
Update: 6/26/2014. I've now owned this food processor for 3 years and still love it and the comments in my original review (below) still stand. I would highlight bread making as my favorite activity. I don't have a standard mixer so I use the food processor to mix and knead the bread. I now make 3 baguettes every Monday morning and use them throughout the week...
Published on February 7, 2011 by scgrant

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment
I had the original Cuisinart for home use and have been using a Custom 11 for at least 15 years. The multi-bowl, locking blade, and reversible/adjustable discs on the 14-cup Elite totally hooked me. After seeing a TV ad and doing some online research, I just couldn't order fast enough. While those features are nice, the most important thing is how the machine functions...
Published on December 4, 2010 by Home Hunter 808

‹ Previous | 14 5 662 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, January 19, 2010
I am so pleased with this machine! I love the multiple work bowls, the adjustable slicer and the power of the machine. It's very simple to use and cleanup is a breeze. The Potatoes au Gratin recipe in the book has pleased many people over the last month and a half; it's easy to prepare because I use the Cuisinart slicer to slice the potatoes. I've had a DC-8 for about thirty years and it's been a real workhorse. I expect I'll be using this new one for at least the same length of time. This was an excellent purchase for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars From an experienced prepper, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart FP-14BK Elite Collection 14-Cup Food Processor, Black (Kitchen)
Because there where a few mixed reviews for this item, I wanted to wait and put it through the rigors before I wrote a review.

I buy in bulk and do a lot of dehydrating and prep work. This unit has now been in use for over 1 year and I am completely satisfied. This unit is a fine piece of machinery and must be treated as such. I do not put any of the parts in the dishwasher (all hand washed) and handle them with the respect they deserve. Eventhough it is extremely versitle, do not abuse it by asking it to do things it was not intended to do...use some common sense.

I purchased this after many hours of research (I do not spend this kind of money on anything without doing so) and it beared fruit. You will not be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Control, November 12, 2012
I purchased this machine for the very large chopping jobs we have during the holiday season. After setting it up, it worked beautifully for about 2 minutes then quit. After resting for perhaps 5 minutes it started up and worked for another 2 minutes. This pattern continued until I boxed it up to return and broke out the knives and cutting boards to do the job manually. This is the level of quality control I have come to expect from Chinese made products, I will be looking for something non-Chinese made in the future regardless of price.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful machine, July 23, 2012
There are several reviews of this food processor already that are very good and clear as to its features. I would add however that the manual is missing a piece of information that might be helpful to a new user. The nesting bowls each have two plastic tabs that must match up in order for the bowls to easily be used in the machine. The manual states that you match up the pouring spouts but say nothing about the tabs. I went back to look. After struggling with the bowls for several uses, I discovered the tabs. Now they go together and come apart easily after use. I am sure I am not the only one who didn't get this memo and I hope this helps. I would also add that the only thing I would improve is the cleanability of the top. I wish I could take it apart to clean it but that is not possible. It has little holes that you can use to flush water through but I am sure that is only barely adequate. Hopefully on a redesign they will address this issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Indispensable Tool, December 12, 2010
This food processor is simply fabulous! I've had mine for about a year and have absolutely nothing to complain about. I use it for a broad spectrum of cooking-related labor. The three bowls work beautifully, they're dishwasher safe, and the adjustable slicing blade is 'da bomb. The most important thing for users to remember is the prioritizing of 'jobs'~~deciding what you're going to do in each bowl, and setting up your work so you do those things in chronological order, smallest job to largest. As far as dough goes: It takes me less than a minute to mix up a batch of pizza crust. Coupled with my Kitchenaid mixer, this machine makes quantity cooking a breeze. I recommend it to anyone.

NOTE: A few folks have complained about food getting stuck under the gasket on the lid of this processor. I have found that a quick spritz with the sink sprayer removes anything that get lodged in the lid. Because I have a small kitchen and really don't have room to allow dirty dishes to stack up, I tend to wash as I go, or stick things in the dishwasher. Washing this equipment as soon as possible after use probably helps keep food from getting stuck.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true time saver., December 21, 2010
Dorrganic (Powhatan, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Easy to us, easy to clean! Blades come with their own storage case, which keeps them safe and not bouncing around a drawer, so fingers are safe as well. The three bowl sizes are great for chopping jobs of all sizes. Wide opening for grating/slicing is fantastic. Deep bowl stems allow for making salsa without juices running out under the blade, a huge step up from my first model. Amazon had the best price on it when I bought it!

A note: after only a month of using this product, the buttons stopped working and as long as the bowl was locked in place the motor would run. I had to deal directly with Cuisinart for the repair, which I had to pay shipping both ways on. They fixed the issue, after giving the a run around on the phone about it to start, that it may not be a warranty issue and I might have to pay for it. I was not thrilled at having to have it fixed after such a short time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of help in the kitchen, September 7, 2010
This is by far the best food processor I've every had. Having the 3-bowl sizes has been a help because, for example,I make the dressing for my coleslaw in the smaller one then process the cabbage in the big one. I've made a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't have started without it so it's helping me keep my family healthy. I even used it to start 10 lbs of homemade sauerkraut. I'm sure I wouldn't have thought about chopping 5 heads of cabbage without it. I like the blade storage cabinet that comes with it. Unfortunately, the DVD and instruction book that are supposed to come with it were missing so I downloaded instructions from Cuisinart's web site.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked like a win, turned into a crushing defeat, November 10, 2013
We purchased this product 18 months ago. From the write-up we thought it would satisfy all of our needs -- multiple bowls, all the disks, and even a box for organizing the disks. After getting used to the quirky way the bowls nest (not surprised some reviewers reported breaking bowls), and the poorly performing shredding disks, now the unit's electric system is malfunctioning. The off button has stopped working and we can only turn it off by unplugging it from the wall. This food processor has never worked well and we are through forgiving its many faults. Expensive, cheaply built, and in the end a frustration and disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot be fully cleaned - health hazard, March 16, 2014
Not sure what kind of moron has designed the lid on this device - pieces of food gets stuck between the lid top and the rubber seal and there's no way to get it out, at least I could not find any way to disassemble the lid, and no instructions given in the booklet.
So pieces of food will stay there spreading mold and microbes!

2.0 out of 5 stars Built like a tank, but a tank can't shred carrots either., April 28, 2013
I purchased this unit because I was disappointed in the flimsy construction of my old food processor. This one is heavy duty, the base is metal and the plastic parts are all thick and durable. However, there are some serious design flaws that make me wonder why it's getting any good reviews at all!
1) The large holes in the slicing and shredding discs allow large chunks of food to fall through. This is not just once in a while - every time I try to slice or shred carrots, leeks, mushrooms, or anything less than an inch in diameter, I end up having to fish the large chunks out and run it through again. Multiple times.
Want to shred cheese? Forget it. Large chunks of cheese will fall through the holes every time.
2) The discs and blade are not quite large enough in diameter. The gap between the discs and bowl is large and many things fall through. See above. Fish the big chunks out and try again. Repeat. The blade is also a bit too small and this makes uniform chopping impossible without constantly opening the top, scraping everything into the center, closing up, restarting. Repeat.
3) Cleaning the lid is a nightmare. Who designs kitchen tools with little gaps and crevices that cannot be opened? Certainly not someone who has to clean them.

Instead of a go-to tool that helps me prepare food faster, I always have to think twice before using the Cuisinart Elite, "Will the hassles and cleanup take longer than just using a knife?" Sadly, the answer is seldom in favor of this food processor.

‹ Previous | 14 5 662 | Next ›