5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The perfect combination
I often cook for one and have a lack of kitchen space so I have searched for something that works for sandwiches and as a mini-grill for some time. After trying some others that were lacking or settling for one that does one or the other I finally have what I wanted.

This has lots of great features.

-the non stick surface is actually non stick...
Published 19 months ago by EWebb

2.0 out of 5 stars The Plates are Falling The Plates are Falling
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:17 Mins
Nice idea, but they need a way better design for holding those removable plates; the top one falls off constantly.

Published 10 months ago by Daniel G. Lebryk

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The perfect combination, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press (Kitchen)

This has lots of great features.

-the non stick surface is actually non stick
-you can remove the grilling plates and put them in the dishwasher
-easy to clean surface
-cooks and grills evenly
-easy to set for whatever you're cooking
-warms up quickly
-stores in very little space
-outside is easily cleaned

This is great if you aren't a great cook (I'm not) and if you need to have a minimum amount of gadgets in your kitchen (I do).

Would have been excellent in my college dorm and frankly for all it does and as good as it does it this is a really terrific bargain as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Panini Press is awesome and priced reasonably!, March 1, 2013
Just love the simplicity of this Guisinart GR-11 Griddler. We received this griddler a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost every day since because it makes an ordinary sandwich just so special and it takes only minutes! Also the ease of cleaning is a bonus because the griddle plates eject so nicely. We liked it so much we ordered one for our friends and they are thoroughly enjoying it also!! The Food Network has 50 Panini recipes and the sky is the limit on what you can put in your sandwiches and I suggest trying all different types of breads, what fun!

We like the size of it because we can make two hefty sandwiches with no problem; if you have a larger family you may want to consider a larger unit.
Pat Chieppo
Jensen Beach, FL & Wallingford, CT

4.0 out of 5 stars Removable plates are the way to go!, May 8, 2013
This is my third panini press purchase over the last 5 years. I have purchased two other panini products that did not have removable plates and were very difficult to clean. After a period of time I had to dispose of both because the food/grease buildup became excessive in spite of regular wiping down, scraping, and all other 'dry' methods of cleaning. This panini press heats up quickly, fits 2 sandwiches, and cleans thoroughly with both plates popping out with ease. My only complaint (and this has been an issue with all the panini presses I have owned) is that they heat at a higher rate in the back of the press so I have to flip the sandwiches for even cooking.

I highly recommend this product and will only buy removable plate products in the future!

2.0 out of 5 stars The Plates are Falling The Plates are Falling, November 5, 2013
Length:: 0:17 Mins

A small Panini press / grill that is perfect for one or two sandwiches, I needed one of those for a very crowded counter. I thought this would be the perfect grill. After unboxing, I carried the grill to the kitchen to wash both plates. As I opened the grill, the top plate fell off. I thought, oh, that's just me; I handled it the wrong way. I replaced the plate a few more times and sure enough, about every second or third time I opened the grill they top plate fell off. I washed the plates and replaced them carefully. As the grill heated, of course the machining oil they use smoked from inside the grill. So I opened things up to take a look. Sure enough the top plate fell off again. With hot pads I replaced the grill, closed the cover, opened it, and there it was again - it fell off. As the grill heated and expanded, the holding clip got even looser.

So I studied the attachment mechanism. There is a design flaw in how this holds the plates on. There are two very small C hooks at the bottom where the plate rests. At the top there is one Z shaped hook that a moveable clip slides into. If that clip slid underneath the Z, this would work perfectly. Instead it sits on top of the Z and any upward movement of the plate allows the plate to fall off. There is essentially nothing that can be done to this to make that plate stay in place (well short of doing some very serious bending).

The whole thing is very cheaply made. Yes, most of the parts are metal, but they are all lightweight metal. There are a bunch of tiny screws that hold small lightweight metal parts in place. This appliance will never go the long haul.

There are a ton of things going for this press - it is small, lightweight, the plates are removable and dishwasher safe as is the grease tray. The bad for this press is that those plates are made out of a very light weight metal that won't hold heat well or distribute it evenly (the heating element behind them is a big rectangle to cover the heat surface). A grill really needs thermal mass to work well and this doesn't have it. And then Cuisinart did a terrible job on the plate attachment points.

This might be a good grill if the plates would stay attached.

2.0 out of 5 stars Removable plates pop off when they shouldn't, July 8, 2013
Sperlonga (Waynesboro, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Both removable plates pop off when they shouldn't. This is very dangerous if the press is hot. It's being returned. I contacted Cuisinart customer service by email and got no response.

5.0 out of 5 stars --Replaced my old GF Grill, May 27, 2013
Yvonne "yvonne333" (Aliso Viejo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine "borrowed" my old GF grill for a "party", and the rat b@$+@rd never returned it. So, I bought the Cuisinart GR-11 and LOVE it.

It's small and the plates are removable for the dishwasher.

This is a hundred times better than my GF purchase.

I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Impressive!, June 9, 2013
After reading many different reviews on grills and panini presses I decided to go with this one and I am very glad I did.
Its a good size for 2 people.... you can easily make 2 sandwiches together. Now I bought it to make paninis, but little did I know I was going to love it as I grill too!! Ive made boneless chicken breasts and steaks to perfection! 2 boneless chicken breasts or 2 boneless sirloin steaks fit perfectly in it and takes 10 minutes or less. Quick and easy, just the way I like it.
Also cleanup is a breeze!! The removable plates make it so easy to clean. And nothing seems to stick to them. A damp cloth easily cleans everything off.
Made sturdy and a great price, I highly recommend this little grill to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Awosome, March 10, 2013
It is a small beautiful, professional looking griddler. it uses almost no storage space, very easy to clean. I am in love with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, an easy-to-clean grill!, June 17, 2013
I bought this because it has removable plates. It opens flat, and has a reasonably even heating pattern, so panini sandwiches turn out fine. The lid doesn't swivel as easily I as would like; for thick sandwiches I have to hold them in place and shove down on the lid to make it swivel...otherwise the food shoots out the front like watermelon seeds at a county fair spitting contest. (Which also shows the non-stick nature of the grill grates.) It also lacks an on-off switch, so one has to reach around/across it to unplug it, as it has the usual too-short-but-supposedly-safer power cord. The metal lid does get hot but the handle is sturdy enough that I've never felt the need to push on the lid. The grill plates are not reversible, so you only have the one grilling surface, thus there are no pancakes in this unit's future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cusinart Gr-11 3-in-1-Grill and Panini Press, April 2, 2013
This is a wonderful addition to my kitchen. It does sandwiches wonderfully well, and the removable grids are a blessing. I look forward to using it often.

Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press