5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The perfect combination
I often cook for one and have a lack of kitchen space so I have searched for something that works for sandwiches and as a mini-grill for some time. After trying some others that were lacking or settling for one that does one or the other I finally have what I wanted.

This has lots of great features.

-the non stick surface is actually non stick...
Published on January 30, 2013 by EWebb

2.0 out of 5 stars Removable plates pop off when they shouldn't
Both removable plates pop off when they shouldn't. This is very dangerous if the press is hot. It's being returned. I contacted Cuisinart customer service by email and got no response.
Published 19 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The perfect combination, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press (Kitchen)

This has lots of great features.

-the non stick surface is actually non stick
-you can remove the grilling plates and put them in the dishwasher
-easy to clean surface
-cooks and grills evenly
-easy to set for whatever you're cooking
-warms up quickly
-stores in very little space
-outside is easily cleaned

This is great if you aren't a great cook (I'm not) and if you need to have a minimum amount of gadgets in your kitchen (I do).

Would have been excellent in my college dorm and frankly for all it does and as good as it does it this is a really terrific bargain as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Removable plates are the way to go!, May 8, 2013
This is my third panini press purchase over the last 5 years. I have purchased two other panini products that did not have removable plates and were very difficult to clean. After a period of time I had to dispose of both because the food/grease buildup became excessive in spite of regular wiping down, scraping, and all other 'dry' methods of cleaning. This panini press heats up quickly, fits 2 sandwiches, and cleans thoroughly with both plates popping out with ease. My only complaint (and this has been an issue with all the panini presses I have owned) is that they heat at a higher rate in the back of the press so I have to flip the sandwiches for even cooking.

I highly recommend this product and will only buy removable plate products in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Panini Press is awesome and priced reasonably!, March 1, 2013
Just love the simplicity of this Guisinart GR-11 Griddler. We received this griddler a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost every day since because it makes an ordinary sandwich just so special and it takes only minutes! Also the ease of cleaning is a bonus because the griddle plates eject so nicely. We liked it so much we ordered one for our friends and they are thoroughly enjoying it also!! The Food Network has 50 Panini recipes and the sky is the limit on what you can put in your sandwiches and I suggest trying all different types of breads, what fun!

We like the size of it because we can make two hefty sandwiches with no problem; if you have a larger family you may want to consider a larger unit.
Pat Chieppo
Jensen Beach, FL & Wallingford, CT

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Impressive!, June 9, 2013
After reading many different reviews on grills and panini presses I decided to go with this one and I am very glad I did.
Its a good size for 2 people.... you can easily make 2 sandwiches together. Now I bought it to make paninis, but little did I know I was going to love it as I grill too!! Ive made boneless chicken breasts and steaks to perfection! 2 boneless chicken breasts or 2 boneless sirloin steaks fit perfectly in it and takes 10 minutes or less. Quick and easy, just the way I like it.
Also cleanup is a breeze!! The removable plates make it so easy to clean. And nothing seems to stick to them. A damp cloth easily cleans everything off.
Made sturdy and a great price, I highly recommend this little grill to anyone

2.0 out of 5 stars Removable plates pop off when they shouldn't, July 8, 2013
Kindle Customer (Waynesboro, Virginia) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars --Replaced my old GF Grill, May 27, 2013
Yvonne "yvonne333" (Aliso Viejo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine "borrowed" my old GF grill for a "party", and the rat b@$+@rd never returned it. So, I bought the Cuisinart GR-11 and LOVE it.

It's small and the plates are removable for the dishwasher.

This is a hundred times better than my GF purchase.

I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awosome, March 10, 2013
It is a small beautiful, professional looking griddler. it uses almost no storage space, very easy to clean. I am in love with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, an easy-to-clean grill!, June 17, 2013
I bought this because it has removable plates. It opens flat, and has a reasonably even heating pattern, so panini sandwiches turn out fine. The lid doesn't swivel as easily I as would like; for thick sandwiches I have to hold them in place and shove down on the lid to make it swivel...otherwise the food shoots out the front like watermelon seeds at a county fair spitting contest. (Which also shows the non-stick nature of the grill grates.) It also lacks an on-off switch, so one has to reach around/across it to unplug it, as it has the usual too-short-but-supposedly-safer power cord. The metal lid does get hot but the handle is sturdy enough that I've never felt the need to push on the lid. The grill plates are not reversible, so you only have the one grilling surface, thus there are no pancakes in this unit's future.

5.0 out of 5 stars ) That is why I love this grill, September 25, 2014
I tend to want to eat immediately upon noticing I'm hungry. Weird? Sure. But it mean's I never got into grilling. Cooking the coals before you can even start cooking food!? Not for me. If I cooked meat, it needed to be able to be cooked on the stove top, or be something I cooked in the oven when I wasn't hungry, and reheated in the microwave when I was. (Turning on the oven in Texas in the summer is not something I generally tend to do, which further limited my options :-p.) That is why I love this grill. Chicken, fish (wrapped in foil), burgers, fajita meat, whatever; it's all ready 20 minutes after I decided I want food. I plug the grill in to preheat while I season whatever I'm grilling, through the food on the grill, and by the time I've prepared the rest of my meal (i.e. microwaved some veggies and blended a sorbet), the meat is ready, and always delicious! (And certainly not to my credit...as you may have guessed reading this review, I'm not a skilled cook. ;-) ). Quick, easy, good food. It can cook either one split chicken breast, two burgers, a couple filets of fish, or half a dozen sausage links in one go, which is great, but if you're cooking for more than a couple adults and a small child, you may need a larger grill.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press, August 29, 2014
I was so excited to find a reasonably priced sandwich & panini maker with removable plates for washing. My daughter could make her own grilled cheese sandwiches & Hubby loves Panini Sandwiches! It also cooks other things. I opened the Cuisinart Box & it was well packed, cushioned with styrofoam, etc. i carefully removed it, took the plastic off, set it on the counter. I was admiring it, lifted the lid & noticed it was uneven. The end of one side of the handle to raise the lid was completely broken off & gone! The screw was still in the handle & I could see where it broke. I picked up the plastic that was around the unit & felt something. I opened the plastic & the broken part was in there. It must have taken a hard hit during packing to break off like that. It didn't happen during shipping. I ordered 3 other items with it that were loose in the box. The grill is the only item packed in its own box inside of the big box. I ordered a different model & am getting a refund on this one. I'd say the handles are fragile.

Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press