5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean & easy to use!
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Quality
I don't often write negative reviews, but sometimes they just need to be done. I am totally shocked at how poor this unit was. It is simply unbelievable. Before purchasing I read the glowing reviews and decided to pull the trigger on this $160 unit.

We purchased at Bed Bath Beyond and after a few days we notices the bottom wasn't heating up. The bottom burner...
Published 8 months ago by Joel

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean & easy to use!, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless (Kitchen)
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars We are absolutely in love with this product., October 29, 2013
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Longer Relegated To A Cupboard, November 11, 2013
I owned a larger Cuisinart Griddler which was one of the earliest models. It was great for chops, steaks, burgers, sausages, and even fish. I could do great French toast, pancakes, and eggs on it, too. However, for practical reasons this is the one I will be using more often. For empty nesters with occasional drop-ins this is more compact and takes up less space while offering the same features and then some that my other Cuisinart didn't offer.
Size may be a valuable feature, but it doesn't mean much if the end product is just o.k. This unit has an indicator that let's you know when it is ready to go. It takes all the guesswork out of the cooking process. Everything is perfect unless you walk out of the kitchen and totally ignore it. The lid is sensitive as well as adjustable and will float gently to sear meat without eradicating all the cooking juices out of the meat and leaving it dry and unappealing.
The plates remove easily and are dishwasher safe. Nothing really 'sticks' to the plates so there is no such thing as scrubbing involved here. A quick wipe with a damp rag keeps all exterior surfaces clean and sparkling.
All you have to do is look at this Griddler and a visual inspection will reveal that this is a well made unit. It is neither cheap or flimsy.
Because it is smaller I find I use this with greater frequency. I have used this for grilled asparagus and squash, potato pancakes, omelets, stuffed French toast. Everything look and tastes great. I'm not a great cook, but you'd never know it when I use it.
This grill is perfect for singles, couples, or anyone dealing with limited surface space. It is so attractive that I leave it on the counter top all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slower but effective., November 16, 2013
I purchased this product to replace my older George Foreman large grill I am not yet disappointed but there are several things I have noticed that are different . The GF grill cooked frozen meats/fish right out of the freezer quickly, this one will not they have to be previously thawed. The waffle plates advertised as GR-WAFP are only for the GR4 (smaller model) & will not fit this model ,in the open position & at 450 degrees the cooked product waiting time could be better. We have tried it on some panini sandwiches, pancakes, vegetables ,& beef fajitas but cooking time was noticeably slower than the GF. I like the multiple positions on the dials and that the ready light indicator advises you when the grills are ready. The upper lid works well and positions itself entirely over the lower level , Smoking is minimal when searing, flipping of the grill plates is very convenient & an improvement over the GF plates. Requires easy cleanup & food does not bake unto the grill plates. If you are wondering whether to buy the GR4 or this model this model has definitely more grilling space & the GR4 is too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes cooking user-friendly!, November 20, 2013
PROS
-The adjustable height is probably the best part. George Foreman grills instantly mash all the juices out, but you can set it to have the top griddle barely touching the meat if you want, keeping juices in. It makes the meat taste SO much better than George Foreman grills.
-Prepares any piece of meat or food you want put on a griddle to your liking with the temperature controls. Very accurate temperature dials that adjust both plates independently of each other.
-Temperature indicator light lets you know when its at the right temperature. I have not found this feature on many other griddles like this.
-Laying it flat allows for cooking even more. This is the best way to make pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc.
-Large enough to cook 2-4 pieces of meat at once, but still small enough to fit comfortably on a countertop without looking out of place.
-The plates are really easy to remove and wash. So much easier than cleaning a grill top.
-Incredible build quality. It reminds me of the Cuisinart grills from the 50's and 60's its made so well.

CONS
-The griddles take a little bit longer to heat up than a George Foreman, but thats the only downside I could think of.

This is a great appliance for single and couples or even a small family in a crowded apartment. If you like to cook, this will make it easier to do so more often. Even if you dont like to cook, this will probably make you cook more often, its THAT easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger and better, October 25, 2013
Yramv (SEATTLE, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews
Even better than the original griddler that we had. There is more surface area for cooking and a new way to catch grease.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like the George, you will love this one, December 18, 2013
We were on our second George Foreman grill when we saw the TV ad for the Griddler Deluxe.

Our George worked great. Only thing that bothered me was that, because of the non-removable cooking grates, the cleanup took longer than the actual cooking.

So we tried the Griddler Deluxe. Turned out not only to be easier to clean, but also performs even better than the George.

The Sear feature produces steaks that look like they'd been grilled outdoors on the Weber. While the steaks were resting, we grilled Asparagus (rolled in kosher salt and olive oil) and it was perfect.

Panini performance is excellent.

Bacon is marginal. Lots of smoke in the kitchen and the strips were unevenly cooked. So we went back to our old method of doing bacon. Parchment paper on a baking sheet in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 17 minutes.

All in all, in our view, for our use, the best countertop grill on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars We don't need an oven or a stove anymore, November 13, 2013
The griddler is the perfect appliance. We use it every night...almost. It cooks great, and it's very easy to clean, as the griddles are removable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to lose weight and eat quick but healthy? Try the Griddler, November 15, 2013
Jake (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
I was looking for an upgrade from my smaller Foreman Grill. This Griddler is awesome. I rarely cook anything on the stove anymore. While part of that is due to living in a small apartment with a small kitchen and stove, the main reason is because the Griddler easily handles what I usually like to eat: meat (usually chicken, sometimes fish) and vegetables. I can cook any of those frozen or thawed within 10-15 minutes, max.

I also don't own a microwave (I eat less fast crap that way) and have found the Griddler to be great for reheating leftovers like sandwiches, pizza, and even pasta (weird I know). The cleanup on the thing is a piece of cake: pull off the plates and drip dray and throw them in the dishwasher.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent applaince, December 15, 2013
I just got a Cuisinart GR-150 griddler sold by Amazon and scrambled eggs this morning and two 1 inch thick cheese burgers tonight.
Highly liquid things like eggs mixed with a bit of water or milk to make scrambled eggs will head for the grease drain. The griddler was preheated, the beaten eggs spilled on the flat griddle and some ran into the grease catcher. That is when I learned about leveling the back feet for next time. That happens because of the normal pitch to the griddler which is necessary to drain the grease when cooking fatty meat or other other food with surplus liquids. I used 2 small squares of 1/4 inch plywood, also used plastic furniture mover pads of same thickness to level the griddler for next time.
The recipe book doesn't suggest searing the top of the burgers but I used the feature--it is like on your gas grill on high. After two minutes it automatically switches the sear feature off and lowers temp back to 450. The sear can be used on top and bottom plates together or separate. I over cooked the (80-20 content) burgers this time (no pink) but they still were juicy. So it is a matter of proper timing for the perfect burger but I believe this griddler does it better then the gas grill. For melting the cheese I messed that up too. Don't have the upper plate close to the cheese or it will scorch it quickly. You have to get used to the idea of heat on top too unlike the gas grill. I bought the 80-20 fat content by mistake, normally buy 90-10 so that will cook different.
This is a great appliance, quality construction through out. Black buttons on right side visible in picture release metal clips that secure the top & bottom plates. The upper plate spacing is controlled by the black device near hinge line in picture on the right side--locking upper plate stepped distances from the lower one but it can pivot freely if not resting on lower plate food. So tapping it to proper position may be necessary for melting things evenly. This is not a big deal to do.
Up date: Know this Griddler's limitations. You can shim the back feet to stop liquids from running to the grease tray but not when the appliance is wide open using top half as the second bottom cooking surface. I cooked eggs this morning with appliance wide open to cook more things at once. The eggs headed for the grease tray but stopped due to heat of frying. Even though I cooked the eggs, they were not so great, using a frying pan would do much better. So I am skipping using it for breakfast except perhaps to grill a ham slice.
The manufacturer states the plates are dishwasher safe but why risk damaging the plate's surface, they are easy to clean in few minutes but very expensive to replace. That is what I am concerned about--make it last.

Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless