Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless
Price:$159.00 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 9, 2013
Verified Purchase
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2013
Verified Purchase
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I owned a larger Cuisinart Griddler which was one of the earliest models. It was great for chops, steaks, burgers, sausages, and even fish. I could do great French toast, pancakes, and eggs on it, too. However, for practical reasons this is the one I will be using more often. For empty nesters with occasional drop-ins this is more compact and takes up less space while offering the same features and then some that my other Cuisinart didn't offer.
Size may be a valuable feature, but it doesn't mean much if the end product is just o.k. This unit has an indicator that let's you know when it is ready to go. It takes all the guesswork out of the cooking process. Everything is perfect unless you walk out of the kitchen and totally ignore it. The lid is sensitive as well as adjustable and will float gently to sear meat without eradicating all the cooking juices out of the meat and leaving it dry and unappealing.
The plates remove easily and are dishwasher safe. Nothing really 'sticks' to the plates so there is no such thing as scrubbing involved here. A quick wipe with a damp rag keeps all exterior surfaces clean and sparkling.
All you have to do is look at this Griddler and a visual inspection will reveal that this is a well made unit. It is neither cheap or flimsy.
Because it is smaller I find I use this with greater frequency. I have used this for grilled asparagus and squash, potato pancakes, omelets, stuffed French toast. Everything look and tastes great. I'm not a great cook, but you'd never know it when I use it.
This grill is perfect for singles, couples, or anyone dealing with limited surface space. It is so attractive that I leave it on the counter top all the time.
on November 16, 2013
I purchased this product to replace my older George Foreman large grill I am not yet disappointed but there are several things I have noticed that are different . The GF grill cooked frozen meats/fish right out of the freezer quickly, this one will not they have to be previously thawed. The waffle plates advertised as GR-WAFP are only for the GR4 (smaller model) & will not fit this model ,in the open position & at 450 degrees the cooked product waiting time could be better. We have tried it on some panini sandwiches, pancakes, vegetables ,& beef fajitas but cooking time was noticeably slower than the GF. I like the multiple positions on the dials and that the ready light indicator advises you when the grills are ready. The upper lid works well and positions itself entirely over the lower level , Smoking is minimal when searing, flipping of the grill plates is very convenient & an improvement over the GF plates. Requires easy cleanup & food does not bake unto the grill plates. If you are wondering whether to buy the GR4 or this model this model has definitely more grilling space & the GR4 is too small.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 20, 2013
PROS
-The adjustable height is probably the best part. George Foreman grills instantly mash all the juices out, but you can set it to have the top griddle barely touching the meat if you want, keeping juices in. It makes the meat taste SO much better than George Foreman grills.
-Prepares any piece of meat or food you want put on a griddle to your liking with the temperature controls. Very accurate temperature dials that adjust both plates independently of each other.
-Temperature indicator light lets you know when its at the right temperature. I have not found this feature on many other griddles like this.
-Laying it flat allows for cooking even more. This is the best way to make pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc.
-Large enough to cook 2-4 pieces of meat at once, but still small enough to fit comfortably on a countertop without looking out of place.
-The plates are really easy to remove and wash. So much easier than cleaning a grill top.
-Incredible build quality. It reminds me of the Cuisinart grills from the 50's and 60's its made so well.

CONS
-The griddles take a little bit longer to heat up than a George Foreman, but thats the only downside I could think of.

This is a great appliance for single and couples or even a small family in a crowded apartment. If you like to cook, this will make it easier to do so more often. Even if you dont like to cook, this will probably make you cook more often, its THAT easy to use.
on November 24, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is definitely a good upgrade from your standard George Foreman grills.
I've used it about a dozen times already in the couple weeks I've had it - done fish, burgers, chicken, steak.

Pros -
I was impressed by the warmup time, and how it could maintain that temperature through the cooking process - something my old GF grill could not do. Cleanup is easy too so far.

Cons -
My main complaint is that when you have the top plate floating in the closed position, and then you open it... the top plate will be positioned such that junk will drip down onto your countertop, not the drip tray. You also should make sure it doesn't trip hot grease onto the power cable. See my attached picture. You can avoid this by locking the top plate everytime you open it.

Tip -
Make sure your meat is pretty dry if you want it to get browned. If you slop a soaking wet piece of marinated meat on there, you can't expect it to brown - it will just be sitting in a puddle of liquid and won't brown. The slots on the plates aren't too tall.

In summary - great, but not perfect. It seems like a quality appliance. I expect it to last a long time.
review image review image
on October 25, 2013
Verified Purchase
Even better than the original griddler that we had. There is more surface area for cooking and a new way to catch grease.
on December 19, 2013
Verified Purchase
We were on our second George Foreman grill when we saw the TV ad for the Griddler Deluxe.

Our George worked great. Only thing that bothered me was that, because of the non-removable cooking grates, the cleanup took longer than the actual cooking.

So we tried the Griddler Deluxe. Turned out not only to be easier to clean, but also performs even better than the George.

The Sear feature produces steaks that look like they'd been grilled outdoors on the Weber. While the steaks were resting, we grilled Asparagus (rolled in kosher salt and olive oil) and it was perfect.

Panini performance is excellent.

Bacon is marginal. Lots of smoke in the kitchen and the strips were unevenly cooked. So we went back to our old method of doing bacon. Parchment paper on a baking sheet in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 17 minutes.

All in all, in our view, for our use, the best countertop grill on the market.
on November 16, 2013
Verified Purchase
I was looking for an upgrade from my smaller Foreman Grill. This Griddler is awesome. I rarely cook anything on the stove anymore. While part of that is due to living in a small apartment with a small kitchen and stove, the main reason is because the Griddler easily handles what I usually like to eat: meat (usually chicken, sometimes fish) and vegetables. I can cook any of those frozen or thawed within 10-15 minutes, max.

I also don't own a microwave (I eat less fast crap that way) and have found the Griddler to be great for reheating leftovers like sandwiches, pizza, and even pasta (weird I know). The cleanup on the thing is a piece of cake: pull off the plates and drip dray and throw them in the dishwasher.
Verified Purchase
The griddler is the perfect appliance. We use it every night...almost. It cooks great, and it's very easy to clean, as the griddles are removable.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...