5.0 out of 5 stars The best of this line.
Published on April 6, 2011 by Lawrence Jamerson

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs a re-design
Heats well, works great for sandwiches.

But, beware anything juicy/fatty. It will create a nasty mess.

Published on March 10, 2012 by Anna Christina Munoz

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of this line., April 6, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
Have been using this new model for several months now. It is stylish on the counter-top. Larger than average plates for larger bread. Well built with a good Cuisinart warranty. The plates remove easily, making cleaning a snap. The plates are smooth on one side and ribbed on the other - you choose which side you want to use. I cant comment on the drip tray since I don't make things that greasy, but it seems well positioned and practical. It is nice to be able to control the temperature somewhat and have the features and quality of more expensive models for a lower price.

I highly recommend this model (GR-35)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made need a spare in case I overwork my new Griddler :-), June 22, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
This little griddler-that-could answers the question: How do I cook quick and healthful meals daily. I've used it just about every day (and sometimes twice a day) since it was delivered, almost two weeks ago. I've had splendid results each and every time. It cooks like a champ and clean up is an absolute breeze. No splattering and the drip tray is adequately placed to catch any drippings. The stainless steel design matches my other kitchen appliances and, because it's compact, it doesn't take up much countertop space. An attractive and welcome addition to my kitchen. I'm so very glad that I purchased this product but may need to order a backup in case I overwork this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs a re-design, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
Heats well, works great for sandwiches.

But, beware anything juicy/fatty. It will create a nasty mess.

The plates are interchangeable, which is a nice touch, but it'd be better if one is a dedicated 'bottom' plate and is truly designed for catching and funnelling juices/grease into the catch pan. In my experience (typically bacon), the drippings don't move well to the back of the plate and well up in the back of the plate when it does get there. The opening sometimes gets backed up (not stuff, simply doesn't flow) and the grease stays at the back of the plate. The back wall of the plate is not as tall as the front wall of the plate and drippings will spill over the back of the plate onto the counter and INTO the cooker itself.

Today I discovered the issue of the grease in the cooker (UNDER the metal plate holding the heating element). I had tipped the cooker over to clean the back feet of the cooker (because grease spilled over, again) and grease poured out of the bottom of the case. I unscrewed the heating element plate and saw puddles of grease in the plastic case. Inside the case there are plenty of little corrugations and other spots for the drippings to collect making it near impossible to thoroughly clean. Unless it all gets cleaned up the drippings in the case are going to go rancid and start to emit an ugly odor.

If I buy another cooker like this again, I will definitely inpect the plates.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great alternative to Fast Food! / Updated, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
We are a family of four with two kids between 10-15. This has become a great alternative to eating out at fast food places and frozen pizza. With working parents and kids in activities we are always needing quick and easy meals. We keep bread, lunchmeat, and cheese on hand and can always use this to fall back on if needed.

The kids have no problems using the unit without us and it cleans up very easy. I think the unit is very well made and we have not had any issues with it at all. The plates come out easily and clean up with soapy water. Contrary to another reviewer I think the plates open up very wide, we often make thick sandwiches and haven't had any trouble. We have even used it with hamburger buns instead of bread.

We thought the kids might get tired of panini's, but using different breads, cheeses, and lunch meats keeps the variety going. My son already requested one of these for when he goes off to college. We use it without butter or cooking spray and it never sticks. Even if the cheese leaks out and gets on the plates it cleans up with the included tool or with paper towels. This is a great healthy alternative and the kids love it, which means they eat it. Serve a panini with a fruit and vegetable and you have a meal.

We have already recommended this to friends and family, you won't be disappointed.

*** Update 12/13/2012 ***

We still love this unit and it is holding up just fine. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews and perhaps as with all things there are just some lemons out there. We use this a minimum of twice a week, and usually all four of us. We clean the plates in the sink once they cool with soapy water and a dish brush and dry them by hand. The only thing we run through the dishwasher is the drip pan. We don't baby the unit by any means and we haven't had parts break off. It works like it was brand new and we still recommend this to people we know.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for two people, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
I recently purchased this product and so far everything I cooked (from grilled cheese to burgers filled with cheese) turned out great. The temperature is easy to control and the manual comes with a guide as to which temperature to cook each food. It's REALLY easy to clean. We are just two at home and it's the perfect size. If you have a larger family or like to entertain, I'd go for something bigger, but for a small household it's just perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cuisinart Griddler, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
This item, the Cuisinart Griddler, works well as it should but is considerably smaller than the Wolfgang Puck one for about the same money. These Griddlers are great for indoor grilled meats. The heat on both sides makes cooking very quick. A real asset in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality plus, August 13, 2011
ken92111 (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
This griddle is perfect for two people. Well built with one simple analog control. Very easy to clean. I can't find any fault with this product. Does what its designed for and does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, worth the extra cost., July 27, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
I was in the market for a griddle, and came across this. Most griddles (in the $30-$40 range) had mixed reviews with people siting dead spots and difficulty to clean as things they didn't like. We have been using this for a month now, and love it. The plates come off so they can be cleaned easily, and we haven't found any dead spots. In fact, we haven't found anything to complain about. We are just cooking for two, so this size is perfect. Originally I thought we needed the bigger one, but now I can't see the need for it. Even though this is labeled as "compact", It has more than enough space to cook for two. If you are cooking for more, then the bigger size is needed.

Looking back, I laugh at thinking I was spending extra for this. It does so much, and it does it so well, I feel like it was a bargain. This is our first Cuisinart product, and we will definitely be buying from them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for 3 months, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
Bought this in late May. By September one half of the griddle no longer heats up. Worked awesome while it worked. Emailed cuisinart but, evidently, once they have your money, they are no longer interested in you. We had a Foreman grill for almost 10 years before it gave up the ghost. We thought we were upgrading by getting this-- we thought wrong

***UPDATE***while Cuisinart did not respond, Amazon was extremely helpful in resolving this issue. Nobody does customer service like Amazon-thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, but wait..., July 16, 2011
Debbie Christensen (American Fork, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact (Kitchen)
Love, love, love the griddle. Great even cooking, nice size for small family, or when you don't want to haul out your big electric grill. I found them at costco like the previous reviewer on sale for 29.99 today. They have a instant rebate of $10 from the normal price of $39.99. Bought several for wedding gifts. I also love Amazon, but Big price gap.

Cuisinart GR-35 Griddler Compact