Cuisinart GR-WAFP Griddler Waffle Plates
|Price:||$26.40 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$48.60 (65%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- One set of plates fits the Cuisinart GR-4N Series, GR-4 Series, GRID-8N Series and GRID-8 Series
- Bakes 4 deep pocketed, 3/4-inch thick Belgian waffles
- Nonstick baking plates for easy release of waffles
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Recipe book included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Cuisinart GR-WAFP Griddler Waffle Plates
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Audio Plaza||Amazon.com||VCT ELECTRONICS||Amazon.com|
|Material||man-made-material||Stainless Steel||stoneware||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.
2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)
3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)
Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
I am pushover for Belgian waffles and the deep pocket pattern on these plates does an absolute perfect job. Not this set comes with a nifty little recipe book which I have looked closely at and the recipes featured look quite good and are quite doable. I have my own personal favorite recipe so have not actually tried any of the ones featured in the book yet...they do look yummy though.
These plates have a non-sticking surface to them and are an absolute snap to clean up. I have put them in the dishwasher which works fine, but I normally hand wash this sort of thing...just old habit I suppose...truth be told.
The price here is just about what you pay the local retail stores in the area and with the free shipping, you are saved the hassle of lugging these things around the rest of the shopping trip
I have had absolutely no sticking when the waffles are removed when done.
Overall I was happy with the results. The waffles were decent though I wouldn't serve them up for Christmas breakfast. That said, for a casual weekend breakfast, it was perfect.
- Enhances the already super-useful Griddler.
- Compact and easier to store than a dedicated waffle maker
- Cleanup is a snap, just pop the plates out and add to the dishwasher (I wouldn't) or hand wash. MUCH EASIER than a waffle maker!
- I found the shape and size of the waffles to be PERFECT for families
- I prefer not to use oil; the non-stick surface performed quite well and not a single waffle stuck (this way does make for a softer waffle without the classic crisp of a well made waffle, a toss-up I'm happy with)
- Unlike many waffle makers, you control the temperature so after a little trial and error, you can cook the waffles to your exact liking
- At 1/3 the cost of the Griddler itself, $35 is a bit pricey
- Uneven cooking: The heating coils don't reach the center of the plates. While the outer 2/3 cooked up beautifully, the inner third were pale (This may be an issue with my machine which is about 5 years old. I don't know if Cuisinart has improved on newer machines but owners of older machines should be aware)
Next try, set temp at 350, waited 2.5 minutes, used pam baking spray....waffles came out easily and looked nice, except they weren't close to done and way too soft.
4-5 tries later, I finally got a good repeatable way of making well cooked waffles using the plates.
Set temp to 375 degrees.
Coat (but not too much) with pam
pour in but not completely, leave far corners on all four sides unfilled so waffle is essentially circular.
wait 3 minutes 45 seconds
open, gently pull waffle out
Tastes excellent and looks just the way it should.
I'm not sure how well the plates will last, but I'll also use them for cooking bacon..as recommended in one of the alton brown good eats episodes as the quickest/easiest ways to make breakfast. Just stretch 4 slices lengthwise across the waffle plates, cover, and wait until cooked to taste.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Functional Plates, but the waffles were of poor quality and taste (e.g. burnt but soggy on the inside).Published 2 days ago by Raymond Palmer
These are great. I love the versatility of the different plates and the fact that you can multi-purpose the Cuisinart.Published 2 days ago by Jackie
Serves its purpose. Price point is a little high since it's a niche product.Published 3 days ago by William (network admin)
Easy to use. Light weight of plates and ease of clean up are big pluses. I'm still experimenting with recipes and timing. Read morePublished 3 days ago by David Zellmer
Fits on the griddle well, and is easy to interchange these plates with the others.Published 3 days ago by Beth Williams
Clipped in a little different than my other plates but overall was pleased not to have to buy another appliancePublished 5 days ago by Diana Combs
The waffle plates work great, just as the Griddler does. Right from the start, every waffle lifted out without sticking at all. Read morePublished 6 days ago by AnnieBB