Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 19, 2014
The non stick coating bubbles and flakes after a few uses, making it unusable. The quality control on these items are lacking.
review image
11 comment71 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 8, 2011
I bought this set of grills for my Cuisinart GN-4N. They of course fit perfectly.

I am pushover for Belgian waffles and the deep pocket pattern on these plates does an absolute perfect job. Not this set comes with a nifty little recipe book which I have looked closely at and the recipes featured look quite good and are quite doable. I have my own personal favorite recipe so have not actually tried any of the ones featured in the book yet...they do look yummy though.

These plates have a non-sticking surface to them and are an absolute snap to clean up. I have put them in the dishwasher which works fine, but I normally hand wash this sort of thing...just old habit I suppose...truth be told.

The price here is just about what you pay the local retail stores in the area and with the free shipping, you are saved the hassle of lugging these things around the rest of the shopping trip

I have had absolutely no sticking when the waffles are removed when done.
33 comments125 of 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2014
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
0Comment49 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2012
My kids are always hungry, aren't they all? Anyhow, I got the waffle plates and had the kids help prepare the batter. We followed the instructions exactly, set the temp for 400 degrees, waited 3 minutes..and out came...an awefull unedible mess. The waffles were so burned that it stuck to both the top and bottom plate and was cut in half, and then wouldn't be removed without unplugging the unit and washing in the sink. ouch. I almost returned them.

Next try, set temp at 350, waited 2.5 minutes, used pam baking spray....waffles came out easily and looked nice, except they weren't close to done and way too soft.

4-5 tries later, I finally got a good repeatable way of making well cooked waffles using the plates.

Set temp to 375 degrees.
Coat (but not too much) with pam
pour in but not completely, leave far corners on all four sides unfilled so waffle is essentially circular.
close cover
wait 3 minutes 45 seconds
open, gently pull waffle out

Tastes excellent and looks just the way it should.

I'm not sure how well the plates will last, but I'll also use them for cooking bacon..as recommended in one of the alton brown good eats episodes as the quickest/easiest ways to make breakfast. Just stretch 4 slices lengthwise across the waffle plates, cover, and wait until cooked to taste.
44 comments96 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2011
My wife and I had just about given up on making waffles at home since our old waffle maker was so hard to clean because it didn't come apart and could not be put in water. It has mostly gathered dust in the cupboard. We received a Griddler as a Christmas gift and already enjoyed making sandwiches and pancakes....then I found out about the waffle plates. Removable, easy to clean and nice deep pockets for Belgian-style waffles. The the non-stick surface is great...they heat well and the waffles are browned evenly all over. Since the plates come off they are easy to clean in the sink. I think we have bought our last box of frozen waffles. Now we make a big batch on the weekends, eat some and freeze the rest for a quick breakfast later in the week. Our old hard to clean waffle baker is headed for a garage sale.
0Comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2011
I don't know how these plates made the waffles taste so good but they were the best I have ever made and I was just using a mix. They fit perfectly in the Cuisinart Griddler and make clean up a breeze. I bought it so that I could make more waffles at a time because I have 3 kids and this works great. It makes twice the amount at a time compared to my old waffle maker. The recipe booklet with it has some really good sounding recipes and I may make some dry mixes up to give as gifts (cinnamon pecan waffles sound great!)

Now my Cuisinart Griddler has replaced using a griddle, George Foreman grill and waffle maker! If you have a Cuisinart Griddler, you have to grab these!
0Comment53 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2013
Five stars for quality, but only two for value. The build quality of these plates is excellent but the price is equivalent to many complete waffle makers which are complete and ready-to-bake out of the box. Having supported Cuisinart by buying the Griddler, I feel that these plates should be more reasonably priced, if not included with the original purchase.
on June 30, 2012
I purchased my griddler a month or so before I purchased the waffle plates - I knew I had to get the waffle plates when I realized they were available and on sale. My old little waffle maker just didn't do it for us. So I was very excited when I received the plates - and gave it a shot. I followed the recipe in the recipe booklet, but we were very disappointed after the first try - the waffles were VERY soft. So, we gave it another shot the weekend after and baked them for 4 - 5 min and they turned out to be better. I think by now we kinda got the hang of it and I love the waffle plates and griddler. I am looking forward for my family to come visit from Europe - the clean up is a breeze and it's easy to use.
review image review image
on December 5, 2013
Great with the Griddler GR-4N. Can't really find anything to really complain about. Plates pop in and out easily, heat up quickly, cook evenly (bottom plate side DOES cook a tiny bit more, but tiny difference). Nice sized waffles, fast cook time (4 min or so), waffles pop out easily (tiny bit of spray oil doesn't hurt), consistent desired texture (cook bit more for crispy). Clean up is breeze, let cool and quick hand wash or throw in dishwasher.
I'd like to add, in response to lower ratings for 1) high pricing 2) less than genuine Belgian waffle-ness...
1) I agree, $40 is a bit steep, but being able to use my already multitasking Griddler as a waffle maker, saving space...worth it to me 2) also agree, it's not quite what you get with a single purpose, high-end Belgian waffle maker...but playing with the recipes and considering the convenience...comes pretty close!
review image review image review image
on February 13, 2012
Read the reviews and still bought them knowing I could return them if the worse case happened. You need to make sure you thoroughly preheat the grids; then add enough batter to fill the recesses in these deeper than normal waffle grids so the upper grid has full contact when closed. The cooking then is more even; better to slightly over fill and clean up the mess. Cooking times were longer than the book said.