5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!
Published on August 13, 2008 by LAR

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea in theory. Poor execution.
Like many others here, I used my Cuisinart Smart Stick very little before the teeth on the gear in the housing stripped out. I'm guessing I didn't even get to use it 10 times, but since those 10 times were spread out over a period of about 9 months and I had tossed the receipt, I'm out $50.

Shame on Cuisinart for making such a powerful little motor and...
Published on September 13, 2010 by Mark A. Rocka

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea in theory. Poor execution., September 13, 2010
Mark A. Rocka (New Caney, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart HB-154PC Smart Stick Hand Blender With Whisk & Chopper Attachments - Club Model (Kitchen)

Shame on Cuisinart for making such a powerful little motor and installing plastic gears for it to drive. It'd be a great product if it weren't for this one, seriously fatal flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, August 13, 2008
LAR (Scottsdale, Arizona) - See all my reviews
I purchased this because I had a Kitchenaid mini-prep and Kitchenaid Stick Blender and had minimum space. I replaced two appliances with one. There isn't a meal I prepare that I don't reach for this and absolutely love it. Have never had any problems with the ease of disengaging the attachments from the handle. I really like the way the chopping bowl does not have a hole in the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Frequently Used Kitchen Gizmo, January 14, 2010
I don't know how I lived without this product. My sister gave it to me Christmas eve and I have been using it continuously ever since. I have Fibromyalgia and sometimes the pain can be so intense that it's difficult to chop an onion or even stir eggs for an omelet. It's lightweight and easy to clean. The attachments give the stick the most versatility. From chopping nuts and onions or making blended vegetable soups to whipping up a quick Hollandaise sauce and the oh so trendy foams, I feel like I'm back in control of my kitchen. I think if Julia and Paul Child were still alive you'd find it in their Cambridge kitchen. One caveat: I did find I needed to go out and purchase the metal bowls with the rubber bottoms as the stick is so powerful it can get away from you. That said, when you're making a pureed vegetable soup or a gravy, for example, you can put the metal blender right into the pan and blend away. Simply put, I love it and hope you do, too. My new-found kitchen adventures have only just begun. Cheers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absoluate piece of junk, September 24, 2010
If I could give it less than one star, I would.

I had an ancient Braun MultiMix that I loved. Worked beautifully for abut 20 years, and finally died a good death. Unfortunately, the Brauns are no longer available domestically. Big bummer, that.

I asked a friend for a replacement for my birthday in summer 2009, and due to reviews, specifically asked for a KA model, with the stick blender, chopper attachment and whisk. Unfortunately, I got this pile of junk instead.

The stick blender is probably OK. I don't really use that too much, but when I do use it, it does what I want it to. The whisk is meh.....I could live without it. I wanted the mini-chopper/processor option more. But, after about a year of use, it croaked last week. I treated the damn thing with kid gloves. It irked me no end that I couldn't clean the top part (the gear gizzie) really well. Sorry, but most of what I do in my mini-processor is messy....dressings, vinaigrettes, chopping meat, etc. Stuff that doesn't take well to just wiping it down with a "damp rag" (Cuisinart's suggested cleaning method....oy).

I'd say in the 13 months I owned this piece of junk, I used the mini-chopper 10 or 15 times. As I said, I was *very* careful cleaning it. Never submerged, never inundated, etc., etc., etc. The gears seized up tight as a drum, and just whirred and whirred and whirred, never spinning the blade. The power unit motor was turning, but the gears in the top of the chopper were frozen. Nothing I could do would free them. So into the trash the chopper unit went, and I'm about to buy a Black & Decker stand alone unit.

IMO, Cuisinart is coasting on their reputation, and the products they are putting out now are no where near what their quality once was. I'm sure I'd have been much happier with the KA I actually wanted, or with the stand-alone Cuisinart stick blender and a stand alone mini chopper. Do NOT buy this combo !

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect a long life from this gadget, January 1, 2011
It's a beautifully powerful piece of equipment, but my love for it burned hard and fast after it crapped out after a only year of light use. Fell victim to the same stripped gears that other reviewers complained about. It's a design flaw plain and simple, if you're looking to buy, it *will* be broken in a matter of time. Look out for telltale melting plastic smell and overheating motor. Frankly I'm surprised it didn't start smoking! Lamesauce. I'm done with Cusinart, will be purchasing a Kitchenaid replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for smoothies..., November 23, 2009
I purchased this a few years back and last year discovered that it makes great smoothies directly in the measuring cup included or in your own cup if the base is large enough. It's very durable and when I'm finished the blender part can be rinsed off and placed in a drawer for storage for a quick & easy cleanup. For someone who's looking for a smoothie maker without having to use ANY counter space...this is it. I freeze my fruits individually on a small cookie sheet and place the bite-size pieces in a plastic zipper freezer bag. This way when I feel like a smoothie, I grab a few different frozen fruit bags, place a handful of what I like in the cup along with some milk & honey/agave, and I have a great nutritious beverage to enjoy at home or on the go for a fraction of the cost of the prepared ones at the stores/frozen food sections. My mother had another name brand stick blender which broke while trying to crush some ice/frozen fruit, because the housing was made of plastic. This Cuisinart has been very sturdy & dependable for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth going with attachments, July 26, 2010
I have had this stick blender for a little over a year and at first, I loved it. After using the chopper attachment only a few times the teeth inside the motor handle stripped making the attachment worthless. After doing a little research, I discovered it is a frequent complaint. The immersion blender itself is great and works exactly as advertised, so, if that is all you need I would suggest getting the Smart Stick without the attachments. If you need the chopper and whisk, look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, January 3, 2010
I've had this blender for over a year now and I use it frequently. (The immersion blender we had before had a plastic end... which warped in hot soup.) I'm pretty tough on kitchen tools. This one is great quality and stands up to use and abuse. The chopper and whisk work well. Now that this device passed the "Me" test, I'm buying a couple more for gifts.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLASTIC GEARS=WASTED MONEY, May 6, 2013
grace (goodyear, az, US) - See all my reviews
DO NOT BUY THIS. Plastic gears and a 200 HP motor will end up in your trash. The nice folks at Cuisinart offered to sell me a replacement part "always in stock" they told me for $25, who knows the additional cost for S&H would be.
Please save the money for a company that stands behind what they make. This was never used on anything harder than cooked veggies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye little chopper attachment., August 21, 2010
I have had this little thing for about three years. The immersion blender is the best except for the time I was cleaning out the blades with my thumb and pressed the on button by accident. Surprise! The attachments have worked great until yesterday the little plastic teeth that turn the chopper blades have broken...But overall I think its a good product and a real space saver.