Creating up to 1-1/2 quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, or frozen drinks at home takes only about 20 minutes with this electric appliance, and salt and ice are not needed. After the machine's chilling chamber has been in the freezer for about eight hours the liquid between its walls becomes thoroughly frozen. The chamber then goes atop the power base, the unit's paddle goes into the chamber, the transparent top is locked in place, and the machine is turned on. Ingredients go into the chamber through an opening in the top as the paddle turns. The chamber chills the ingredients to whatever consistency is desired--though dense treats are hard to make because the paddle churns in air.
Chocolate chips, chopped fruit, nuts, and other special ingredients can be added toward the end. The nonstick chamber makes cleanup a snap. Storing it in the freezer ensures a frozen confection is only 20 to 40 minutes away when the mood strikes. The machine measures 10 inches in diameter and 15 inches high and weighs 9-1/2 pounds. It carries a three-year limited warranty. A detailed instruction booklet including many recipes comes included. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| || Whatever your style, Cuisinarts ICE-20 1-1/2-quart automatic ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet maker will help make a delicious frozen dessert to match it! Make fat-free sorbets, low-fat frozen yogurts, rich ice creams quick and easy. |
Scoop It Up
Imagine indulging in homemade frozen desserts and those delicious "island" drinks made from your favorite fresh ingredients--right at home. Finish a family dinner or celebrate a special occasion. Any excuse will do. The Cuisinart ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet maker lets you make enough of your favorite recipes to please a crowd. Its fast and easy.
- Fully automatic: No need to stir or mix ingredients. Simply place them into the bowl and turn on the machine.
- Fast and efficient: A heavy-duty motor makes frozen yogurt, ice cream, sherbet, sorbet or frozen drinks in 20 to 30 minutes--without ice.
- Perfect consistency: Double insulated freezer bowl maintains low temperature to freeze ingredients evenly for smooth and creamy results.
- Large capacity: Makes up to 1-1/2 quarts of frozen dessert--enough for tons of fun!
- Easy and mess-free: Large ingredient spout makes adding ingredients simple, safe, and conveniently mess-free.
- Simple to operate: Transparent lid locks tight and lets you watch the mixing process.
- Pure indulgence: Add fresh ingredients and turn on the machine. In as little as 20 minutes youll enjoy up to 1-1/2 quarts of wholesome sorbet, ice cream, frozen yogurt, and more.
- Removable mixing arm and freezer bowl wash clean in seconds; base wipes clean with a damp cloth.
- Heavy-duty integrated motor
- Double insulated freezer bowl and automatic mixing arm aerate ingredients for light and creamy results.
- Includes recipe book
- 1-1/2-quart capacity
- Limited 3-year warranty
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long. Specialty items, like our Mix It In soft serve ice cream maker, offer todays consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Todays relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
Automatic dessert maker makes frozen yogurt, ice cream, sherbet, sorbet, and frozen drinks in 20 to 30 minutes Double-insulated freezer bowl holds up to 11/2 quarts of frozen dessert Easy-lock lid and large ingredient spout for adding ingredients Recipe booklet included 3-year limited warranty --
Frequently Bought Together