Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbe...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 59% off the $110.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.53 shipping
+ $4.95 shipping
Cuisinart ICE-21R Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, Red
|Price:||$55.11 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$54.89 (50%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- New mixing paddle makes frozen desserts and drinks in 20 minutes or less
- Large capacity makes up to 1-1/2-quarts
- Double insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Easy lock transparent lid with large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free
- Fully automatic with large ingredient spout for adding ingredients
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Frozen Favorites in Minutes
The heavy-duty motor makes frozen yogurt, ice cream, sorbet - even frozen drinks - in 20 minutes or less.
Pure and Simple Indulgence
Add fresh ingredients to the mixing bowl, turn on the machine, and go. It's fully automatic. Plus, cleanup is a breeze.
The large capacity mixing bowl lets you make up to 1-1/2 quarts of your favorite smooth and creamy frozen treats.
Features and Benefits
- Ingredient Spout Pour recipe ingredients through the spout. Also use to add ingredients, like chips or nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- Easy-lock Lid Transparent to let you watch the freezing process as it progresses. Lid is designed to easily lock to base.
- Mixing Paddle Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create frozen desserts or drinks.
- Freezer Bowl Contains cooling liquid within a double insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature.
- Base Contains heavy duty motor strong enough to handle ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, sorbet and frozen drinks.
- Rubber Feet Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use.
- Cord Storage Unused cord is easily pushed into the base to keep counter neat and safe.
Freezing Time and Bowl Preparation
The freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe. Before freezing, wash and dry the bowl. The length of time needed to reach the frozen state depends on how cold your freezer is. It is recommended that you place the freezer bowl in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. Be sure to place the freezer bowl on a flat surface in its upright position for even freezing.
Generally, freezing time is between 16 hours and 24 hours. Shake the bowl to determine whether it is completely frozen. If you do not hear the liquid within the bowl moving, the cooling liquid is therefore frozen. For the most convenient frozen desserts and drinks, leave your freezer bowl in the freezer at all times. Use the bowl immediately after removing from the freezer. It will begin to quickly defrost once it has been removed for the freezer.
Reminder: Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
Making Frozen Desserts or Drinks
- Use Cuisinart recipes included in the Instruction Booklet or use your own recipe, making sure it yields 1-1/2 quarts or less.
- Remove the freezer bowl from the freezer and place on the center of the base. The bowl will begin to defrost quickly once it has been removed from the freezer. Use it immediately after removing from freezer.
- Place mixing paddle in freezer bowl. It rests in the center of the bowl, with the circle side facing up.
- Place lid on the base and rotate clockwise until tabs on lid lock in place on base.
- Press On/Off switch to ON position. Freezer bowl will begin to turn.
- Immediately pour ingredients through ingredient spout. NOTE: Ingredients must be added to the freezer bowl after the unit is turned on.
- Frozen desserts or drinks will be done in less than 20 minutes. The time will depend on the recipe and volume of the dessert you are making. When the mixture has thickened to your liking, it is done. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the dessert to an airtight container and store in the freezer for two or more hours.
Ingredients such as chips and nuts should be added about 5 minutes before the recipe is complete. Once the dessert has began to thicken, add the ingredients through the ingredient spout. Nuts and other ingredients should be no larger than a chocolate chip.
Top Customer Reviews
I long ago came to the conclusion that junk can be made anywhere. So can quality. It's up to the manufacturers to demand that their standards be met. In this case, Cuisinart, like Apple, seems to insist that the products bearing their name maintain a level of quality that reflects well on their reputation, regardless of where the products are made. Wise choice.
Unfortunately over time it quit working so we needed a replacement. I was attending a cooking class a couple years ago and this was the ice cream maker that was used in that class. I wanted to try out the recipes we were given so I purchased one of these machines.
I love that there is no ice or rock salt needed. It freezes fast and although this machine is "loud" it is much quieter than a traditional ice cream maker.
The downside is that the capacity in this machine is limited. It makes just enough ice cream to give each member of my large family a small serving. This would be ideal for smaller families.
I do love and make traditional ice cream recipes but we are trying to eat more healthy. Here is our favorite vegan "healthy" ice cream recipe that all 5 of my kids love.
Strawberry Ice Cream (http://health4lifecooking.blogspot.com/)
1 cup raw Cashews
1 cup pitted dates
2 cups water + more water if needed
1/2 cup white or pinto beans
1 tsp vanilla
12+ Large Frozen Strawberries
Soak nuts and dates in 2 cups of water for 4 hours or more to ease blending. Blend nuts, dates, beans, water & vanilla in high powered blender until smooth. Add more water if needed to thin and dilute to desired richness. Add frozen strawberries and more water if needed, blend until smooth. Freeze in an ice cream freezer.
I have wanted an ice cream maker for a while as I am planning on going dairy free in the near future and the coconut milk and almond milk ice creams are soooo expensive I though making my own would be the best way to go. After much research I had debated between this and the big soft-serve dispensing, mix-in machine also made by Cuisinart but decided on this one because simpler is usually better...plus this color aqua is so fun. I am very pleased with this purchase...one of the best self-bought birthday presents I ever made. I think some kind of frozen drink might be my next experiment...now if I can only decide which flavor to try...mudslide, creamsicle, frosty pina colada...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My girlfriend bought this for me as a Christmas present and well it really is just a glorified cheap mixer and that is it. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Nadia Ramirez
Tried three recipes. Chilled the ingredients to below 40 as indicated before putting them in the machine. 15-20 minutes no change. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Walter R. Cullop
Money well spent! Love it! Love it's! Love it! Great gift. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Keep freezer bowl in the freezer.Published 4 days ago by venable
I love this!! I make homemade ice cream all the time now and can make it the flavor I want.Published 6 days ago by Robyn Bruns
It arrived, looks, and works like it was supposed too. It takes a bit of prep time, but the ice cream tastes great.Published 9 days ago by Diana Brown
Unfortunately we didn't use this product soon enough within the timeframe window to return. Otherwise we would have found out that despite experimenting keeping the freezer bowl... Read morePublished 11 days ago by om german
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my sister, and it's incredible. It churns out ice cream in less than 20 minutes! Read morePublished 14 days ago by Chelsea Pellegrino
First time we used it the Mixing paddle broke so all we do now is use a wooden spoon and hold it in the middle while it turns and in 15 minutes we have ice cream. Read morePublished 20 days ago by James T.