Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 202 questions
votes
No. In fact, none of what touches the food is stainless steel. I wrote to Cuisinart and they said all Cuisinart bowls are aluminum coated with Xylan, a fluoropolymer non-stick material. The paddles are plastic.
Jun 13, 2014 by N.N.
votes
Say friend, the problem is the freezer temperature is not low enough. You need at least 0 Deg. for the bowl to freeze up. We had the same sad faces when we first tried. Used a good thermometer and adjusted freezer temp. until 0 Deg. was reached. Might take about 24 hours to get it adjusted, but it is worth the effort. If results are not as stiff as you like, put ice cream in another container and return to freezer to make ice cream harder. Machine does make soft ice cream. We use small covered bowls. Hope this information helps. It is a good machine.
Sep 13, 2013 by LaserBlinded
votes
They both look exactly the same in function, its just the 21 is a bit smaller and has more plastic. Check this guy's video on Youtube and it breaks down the ICE-21. http://youtu.be/jPPdSCHBTR4 And he did the same for the ICE-30BC: http://youtu.be/Q40vHKdJmpY
Oct 31, 2013 by Tyler
vote
I wrote to Cuisinart when I was looking into getting one of their machines and they said all the Cuisinart ice cream maker bowls are aluminum coated with Xylan (polypropylene) non-stick.
Jun 13, 2014 by N.N.
votes
I have made several recipes with normal milk and they were perfect. This morning i made lactose free ice cream and it never got thick, it was runny.
May 30, 2010 by Ena Beatiz Olea Rodriguez
votes
I use mine almost exclusively to make low-fat frozen yogurt. It works very well. The key is to make sure all your ingredients are cold before you put them in the machine (including ingredients, like fruit, that you add near the end). The yogurt is pretty solid after about 30 minutes. I've been very pleased with this machine.
Jan 3, 2014 by Arthur H Goodwin
votes
I have a VERY good rubber scraper...it's just a spatula but is nice and stiff with a tad of "give" to it. I find it "impossible" to get EVERYTHING out of the freezing bowl but put 97% of what I make into the freezer and have to suffer and sit and scrape out the rest and eat it....it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it! But really...just find the right scraper and do the best job you can...you should be able to get most of it out. Happy churning!
Aug 24, 2008 by G. Arnott
votes
Tammy, I found the bucket on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-30RFB-2-Quart-Freezer-Stainless/dp/B000JEYJRM/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_z/180-7913280-0488117 and the price was under $40.00. Happy ice cream making.
Aug 15, 2013 by Barbara Manning
votes
I have not. I'd guess that would happen when the mixture has frozen/thickened too much or possibly if the paddle and/or bowl are wet/icy at start-up. Are the plastic "catch plates" on the clear lid intact and holding the paddle in place? Good luck...
Jul 6, 2013 by jeffrey c jorgenson
votes
Yes, with great success. I just made the key lime ice cream recipe in Bruce Weinstein's "The Ultimate Ice Cream Book." It yielded about 1.5 quarts -- maybe a little less -- and the machine worked great.
Aug 17, 2007 by Linda
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   21   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers