1,844 Reviews
 (1,341)

1,409 of 1,439 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Easy!
I purchased this after much debate about whether or not I needed a two quart ice cream maker or just go with the original Cuisinart $49.95 one. I am so glad i bought this one. It is so great. Easy to use, makes alot of ice cream,so sleek looking.

I have a tiny kicthen and everytime I turn around I am buying something that will clutter my counterspace, but I...
Published on May 5, 2005 by H. Woolsey

1,308 of 1,354 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Lousy lifespan makes for an unhappy customer
This product started to malfunction a little more than a year into its life.

At first, it made great ice cream. Now, the unit generates so much heat while it is turning that the bowl unfreezes and I end up with a pultaceous mess that isn't remotely close to ice cream.

Avoid this.

______________________________________________________...
Published on June 8, 2009 by Anon-y-moose

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clean., April 11, 2006
This review is from: Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker (Kitchen)
If ice cream makers conjure memories of rock salt and ice all over your kitchen counter; a noisy churn going for an hour or more, well forget all that now!

This is the one you want! Freeze the bowl before you use it and you have no mess. Just get it out of the freezer, drop it onto the base, turn it on then add your ingredients. 20-30 minutes later you have ice cream. Want it a little harder, freeze if for an hour or two.

Clean up is very easy.

Four stars because the churn is a little noisy.

One word of caution. This may add inches to your waistline!

Great unit, great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great l ice cream fast, September 17, 2005
We bought this to make low fat ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbet.

We keep the bowl in the freezer, along with the bowls we use to store the ice cream. So far we've done a not-so-low-fat chocolate that turned out like a creamy chocolate mousse (a big hit with co-workers and the volleyball team), a lemon sorbet, and right now I have a low fat vanilla in the machine.

It's very fast and makes creamy ice cream but is much louder than I expected. We have an open floorplan so we hide it away in the laundry room with the door closed so we can watch tv at the same time. It's not a high whine or anything truly annoying - it's just a bit too loud to hang out in the same room for 25 min at a time. I think the noise is worth it to have control over the ingredients and large batches of ice cream at a time.

Make sure you set a timer because if you leave it too long ice cream will start to come out the top of the machine when the last thing you want to do is waste it.

I highly recommend this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yikes! Shop around!, April 29, 2007
I paid $79.95 on Amazon for this...I guess Sam's Club carries this for $49.95. A nice product...but Amazon might not the best place to purchase it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart ICE-30BC ice cream maker, July 25, 2005
John H. Gindlesberger (The Great Black Swamp of Ohio) - See all my reviews
After doing a bit of research, we bought this model to replace an ancient Salton machine. It arrived promptly and in good condition--well packed in a sturdy box. I read the instructions and promptly put the tub in a freezer. The first batch didn't work out as described, my wife had tried to concoct a low fat mixture, so it was more a problem of the recipe than the performance of the machine. Our second attempt was pistachio ice cream (from the included recipe book)--WOW!! It was absolutely the best!! It was very creamy and flavorful. After this we did a batch of strawberry and it was equally delicious. This is a quality machine that lives up to its claims. The recipe book--at least what we've sampled so far--is a winner. I'd buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Ice Cream Maker, September 13, 2005
This is my first ice cream maker. I find it very simple to operate and have made excellent batches of ice cream to date. Instructions are clear, concise and easy to understand. Once you understand the principle involved, you can deviate and make all kinds of unique and interesting flavors. I suggest that you invest in "Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Dessert Book". It provides recipes to make the 3 "Sweet Cream Bases" that most all ice cream is made from. Enjoy this product. Thanks, Jim W from Little Compton, RI

5.0 out of 5 stars You scream, I'll eat!, November 2, 2006
This machine definately makes ice cream worth screaming for. We're making ice cream almost every night. This baby is a little more expensive than other models especially when you factor in the gym membership you'll need to overcome your new homemade ice cream addiction. It's worth every penny- a good, solid, durabe model.

I keep the bowl in my freezer, so it is ready to go at a moment's notice. When I make ice cream, I wash the bowl right after the ice cream finishes so it doesn't have time to thaw out again. The whole process is really simple. Whip together some milk and sugar, add cream and whatever other ingredients you like to your recipe and 30 minutes later you have the best ice cream you'll ever eat piled in a bowl in front of you.

We've made strawberry ice cream using just fresh strawberries, milk, cream, sugar and some vanilla extract. No one could stop eating the stuff. Tonight we made some pistachio ice cream- took about 5 minutes prep time, 25 minutes of processing and we were in heaven.

The only thing to clean up is the bowl and the paddle and possibly the lid if you slop onto it. I should mention that the lid actuakky has a hole in the center for adding ingredients during the processing. Everything fits easily in the sink, rinses right off and presents no difficulty in cleaning. The unit is a little loud. I would say it is less loud than my kitchenaid blender but louder than my toaster. The noise sort of reminds me of the dishwasher running.

The best part of this is the novelty of it. If you store some basic ingredients in the fridge, you can have ice cream any time and be creative about the kind you make. Left over Halloween candy? Throw it in! Some chopped nuts you didn't need? Throw them in! I think I'm going to try chocolate covered cherries next! Guests think this is fabulous- when they come over for dinner and you can start the ice cream going when everyone sits down to eat knowing there will be a fresh batch of creamy goodness ready at the end of the meal... well, you'll be the favorite hostess on the block.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say that hasn't already been said..., June 23, 2006
This machine is absolutely fabulous. I picked this up after a friend of mine told me he had just picked the same machine up. After making 3 batches of ice cream I can now state positively, that this machine makes some GREAT ice cream. I made vanilla, strawberry and chocolate all from the included recipe book and each was delicious.

The only negative I can say about the machine is that is is a little bit loud, but that's really my only complaint. It cleans in a snap (rinse the ice cream residue out with warm water and toss the bowl back into the freezer). Also, the machine has a nice appearance and looks great on the counter.

If your hesitant, or worried that the ice cream will not come out like the stuff you buy in the supermarket, please rest assured that it's the real deal. The only problem is deciding what to make next!

Get this and you won't be disappointed. Great machine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb machine Price is NOT a discount, September 3, 2006
Lovestocook (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I have made 5 different frozen yogurt and low fat ice cream recipes from the book and off the internet. All excellent. Need about 45 min in the freezer after making. Soft serve consistency on completion. NO problems freezing as long as all ingredients are ice cold and bowl is well frozen. I froze 24 hours. SOO easy. Clean up a breeze. List price on Cuisinart web site and most other sellers list price was same as Amazon's "sale" price. It was worth it, but makes me look at Amazon pricing more closely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Sorbet too!, June 22, 2006
Laserman (Eagle Point, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
I am a sorbet addict!!! It works great, and saves alot of money. I generally keep alot of fruit in the freezer, so as to always be ready to have a good nutritious dessert.

Pros

* It actually works! No loopholes, no fine print...it just works!

* Quick & Easy cleanup (and that's coming from a guy)

* We can have homemade sorbet in 30 minutes...anytime we want. The only labor involed is to puree the ingredients in a blender, turn on the machine, and cleanup. 10-12 minutes tops!

* Cost of ingredients (fruit & sweetener) is significantly cheaper than store-bought sorbet

Cons

* This machine involves 1/2-hour of noisey operation (although it certainly is quieter than a blender or beater)

* You have to keep the bowl in the freezer all the time unless you plan your desserts 24-hours in advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, March 19, 2006
Great ice cream every time. I highly recommend this machine if you like ice cream, one note though, the add ins at the end of the churning (chocolate chips, cookies, nuts, etc....) I prefer to increase to two cups instead of one like the book says. With only one, there just doesn't seem to be enough, and also make sure to give your ice cream a few good manual stirs with a plastic or wooden spoon after the machine is done churning. Sometimes the added ingredients put in at the end don't make it to the bottom. I may put them in earlier than five minutes before the end to see if this helps. All in all, a great buy, plus free shipping!!