Cuisinart ICE-40 Flavor Duo Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Dual-bowl design - simultaneously produces either 1 or 2 quarts of one flavor, or 1 quart each of two different flavors.
- Set the control switch to "2 bowls" to activate both bowl, or set to "1 bowl" to activate just one.
- Brushed metal design. 2 one quart bowls.
- Fully Automatic
- Makes frozen desserts in as little as 20 minutes.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Thank you for producing a quality product that does EXACTLY as you state that it will. I will try making yogurt and sorbet next. Thank you
I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the space the product takes up. It is as big as a toaster oven - just the motor stand - and the bowls take up a good part of your freezer. You have to be dedicated to making ice cream on a regular basis to get a 2 bowl model. However, on the upside, you can create 2 flavors simultaneously and it does make it easier to make ice cream in batches.
This product works as advertised. It will create ice cream, albeit, soft serve or gelato consistency ice cream in about 20-25 minutes. It is noisier than I thought (another reason for the 4 stars) - it's about as loud as your typical dishwasher (in terms of decibels). It sounds like a grinder when it works. I don't understand why it makes so much noise though, it must be the way the motor is designed.
Using this machine requires a little bit of planning. First, you must have the bowls frozen for at least 12 hours. I keep them in the freezer for 24 hours between batches. You must also use chilled ingredients. If you are going to heat up an ice cream mix, say, a custard style ice cream, make sure to chill those ingredients.
Don't overfill the container. If you plan on mixing in ingredients, I recommend leaving at least 3 inches of space from the top because ice cream liquids will expand when frozen. The fattiest parts of the ice cream (and the creamiest) stay at the bottom of the tub. The softer part of the ice cream stays at the top.
1. Works well - I read some reviews which said that they couldn't get the mix to harden. All I can say is I had no trouble whatsoever.
2. Works fast - If you follow the instructions (have a well frozen bowl and cold cream mix) it will start thickening after about ten minutes or less. By 20 to 25 minutes or less, it's as hard as it will get, about the consistency of soft serve ice cream like Dairy Queen. We usually eat one bowl right away and put the second bowls contents into another container and put it in the freezer overnight. The next day it's just like store bought (only fresher and much tastier!).
3. Good quality - (as good as your ingredients.) We followed the basic included recipes and had great results with those as well as experimenting some with a 50/50 cream & whole milk ratio to reduce some of the fat. We even tried making gelato with recipes for home ice cream makers I found elsewhere. Gelato actually has less fat than ice cream as it's mostly whole milk. I had very good results with gelato too.
4. Inexpensive - We paid ~$50 which is a great price for a device thats works as well as this does.
1. A little noisy. No big deal though, you just hear the motor turning. It's really not that bad.
1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my wife and it goes above all expectations work greatPublished 7 months ago by gramps64
Worst thing I bought it online, just a waste on all levels.Published 16 months ago by Mohammed A Alshuaibi
Takes up lots of space in the freezer compartment (almost the whole compartment if you put both in), so it is better for people with an extra deep freezerPublished 20 months ago by Alicia
I like this maker. That's the bottom line. In 20-25 minutes it churns out soft-serve consistency ice cream that you can place in a container in the freezer. Read morePublished on April 19, 2014 by Alie K
This is a great product. We have used one at a friends home and it made great ice cream. This unit arrived in great condition. BUT the unit does not work. Read morePublished on September 1, 2013 by Glenn Martin
Love that you can make 2 flavors at the same time! Perfect for my family of 7. Would recommend to anyone wanting to make their own ice cream!Published on August 18, 2013 by Roxy14876
I love this ice cream maker. With 2 grandsons who can't agree on anything, I can make them both their favorite flavor at the same time. It's so easy to use and easy cleanup. Read morePublished on May 24, 2013 by B. J. Sarasien