5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!!
Published 20 months ago by olina sturdevant

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT DEPENDABLE
Makes good ice cream but I have had 2 Cuisinart ice cream makers and they DO NOT LAST!!!! EACH ONE MADE ABOUT 15 BATCHES THEN JUST STOPPED WORKING. WON'T GET ANOTHER ONE.
Published 21 days ago by mary gollin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!!, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker, Sorbet and Frozen Yogurt Maker (Kitchen)
(5/15/13) My sister and I ordered this for our mother for Mothers day! I know I looked at all of them on here and read every single comment there was on all of them. I went with this one. I bought her all the ingredients to make the butter pecan ice cream recipe i got out of the ben and jerrys homemade ice cream book. It turned out so good!!! It worked just as it was supposed too. she was so happy. its not as loud as i thought it was going to be. i had read in some other comments that it was very loud. it has a light hum to it. nothing that cant be tolerated for 30 min. i would recommend this to anyone!~

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the unfavorable reviews- this is a great well made machine!, December 31, 2013
We've had several ice cream makers over the years- including Krups, Salton and now this Cuisinart. We were skeptical at first based on the mixed reviews we read but decided to go ahead and purchase this machine to see for ourselves. On the first try we made an exceptional vanilla ice cream using the basic recipe in the manual. We've used the machine several times now and have not had any issues. The ice cream consistency has been fabulous.

Don't be scared off by the reviews stating that it's noise or that they were unable to make ice cream with it. These people clearly can't follow a recipe and don't understand that a motor and gears is going to make a little noise. It's about as loud as a mid-level dishwasher and considering you only need to run it for about 20 minutes to make ice cream, it's not a big deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 11, 2013
This product exceeds expectation. We are vegan and store bought coconut ice cream is outrageously expensive. Now we make our own and have made mango sorbet, chocolate cherry ice cream, plain...it's all great! The texture is lovely. I do recommend freezing after churning for a more finished product. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My recommendation for Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, July 23, 2013
This is so easy and efficient--no ice or salt to bother with. I am very pleased with this, I have
two cuisinart ice cream makers (one for our country place and one for home).I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars cuisinart ice cream maker, July 9, 2013
Absolutely awesome!!!! Great machine! We are making great tasting ice cream without all of the bad ingredients! The kids prefer homemade ice cream over store bought. So glad I made this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and cold is important in making ice cream., January 25, 2014
I used it three times and the ice cream turned out great. If you browse the other reviews they'll mention the same things about keeping everything as cold as possible; I won't repeat all that now. I would add that you need to freeze the dasher, add-ons like nuts, fruit, chips, etc. and the ice cream containers that you plan to store your ice cream as well. Move quickly to set up your machine and freeze your ice cream base as quickly as possible and transfer it quickly to your ice cream containers to ripen in the freezer. EXPOSURE TO ROOM TEMPERATURE MUST BE AVOIDED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I've read on the website "Ice Cream Science" about a time consuming method to create smooth and creamy ice cream. This works best with mixes that use eggs. Whatever the recipe, mix the egg yolks and sugar together till smooth. Add your dairy: milk, cream, etc. Heat everything in a pan with a 9 inch diameter at medium-low heat CONSTANTLY STIRRING with a whisk until 160 F and hold it at that temperature for one hour. Make small adjustments to your heat on the stove to maintain that temperature. A cup or two of water will evaporate; the wide 9 inch diameter pan facilitates evaporation. The evaporation changes the proteins in the mix promoting smoothness and avoiding higher temperatures prevents scrambled eggs. Then strain and cool your base in a bowl set in an ice bath till 50F and refrigerate the base overnight to let it age. Put add-ons like nuts, chips, or fruit into the machine about 5 minutes before the ice cream has finished. Leave the ice cream in the machine long enough so that much of it sticks to the dasher and has a dry appearance; it takes about 20 minutes. To improve heat transfer during freezing, I use a silicone spatula to press the dasher blade against the freeze container to minimize that layer of frozen ice cream that forms on the surface. Also, break up any ice jams with your spatula around the container to keep everything circulating. It helps to add two tablespoons of unflavored vodka about a minute before you're done which makes it easier to keep it soft in the freezer. I store the ice cream in those stainless steel containers with a hinged lid made by Anchor-Hocking. Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lactose Intolerance_Storage of Extra Ice Cream, June 21, 2013
A.S, Hall (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
Great appliance!
It wasn't/isn't noisy at all; purchased elsewhere, cheaper.

Have also used coconut milk and almond milk with a natural thickener for the lactose intolerant, ice cream loving member of my family.

Yes, cold base ingredients work best.... I've used frozen bananas in a couple creations.

Have purchased quart sized CHINESE TAKE-OUT boxes from my fav restaurant for $.25 per box; good for hardening the creations as well as storage while making a different batch. (cartons had no metal parts but held ice cream well; leak-proof)

Enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker, July 25, 2013
We've made two batches thus far. Very easy too use, and very creamy, using the recipes provided. Takes some time to harden after mixing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, June 17, 2013
I really love this ice cream maker. So little hassle, easy to clean. No dealing with ice and salt. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes ice cream great., June 23, 2013
Ron Rawson (Costa Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Works really well and produces ice cream in about 15-20 minutes. I have used it to make coconut ice cream (using coconut milk) and comes out tasty! The unit is a little loud and freezes a hard layer on the sides (may be the coconut milk which may be more watery than using cream, but it can be cleaned out with hot water. If you clean it right after you make your ice cream, you need to have a towel ready to wipe out the hot water immediately before it freezes on the sides - the freezer bowl gets very cold!.