Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 15, 2013
(5/15/13) My sister and I ordered this for our mother for Mothers day! I know I looked at all of them on here and read every single comment there was on all of them. I went with this one. I bought her all the ingredients to make the butter pecan ice cream recipe i got out of the ben and jerrys homemade ice cream book. It turned out so good!!! It worked just as it was supposed too. she was so happy. its not as loud as i thought it was going to be. i had read in some other comments that it was very loud. it has a light hum to it. nothing that cant be tolerated for 30 min. i would recommend this to anyone!~
0Comment|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
We've had several ice cream makers over the years- including Krups, Salton and now this Cuisinart. We were skeptical at first based on the mixed reviews we read but decided to go ahead and purchase this machine to see for ourselves. On the first try we made an exceptional vanilla ice cream using the basic recipe in the manual. We've used the machine several times now and have not had any issues. The ice cream consistency has been fabulous.

Don't be scared off by the reviews stating that it's noise or that they were unable to make ice cream with it. These people clearly can't follow a recipe and don't understand that a motor and gears is going to make a little noise. It's about as loud as a mid-level dishwasher and considering you only need to run it for about 20 minutes to make ice cream, it's not a big deal.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
This product exceeds expectation. We are vegan and store bought coconut ice cream is outrageously expensive. Now we make our own and have made mango sorbet, chocolate cherry ice cream, plain...it's all great! The texture is lovely. I do recommend freezing after churning for a more finished product. Enjoy!!
11 comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2014
I used it three times and the ice cream turned out great. If you browse the other reviews they'll mention the same things about keeping everything as cold as possible; I won't repeat all that now. I would add that you need to freeze the dasher, add-ons like nuts, fruit, chips, etc. and the ice cream containers that you plan to store your ice cream as well. Move quickly to set up your machine and freeze your ice cream base as quickly as possible and transfer it quickly to your ice cream containers to ripen in the freezer. EXPOSURE TO ROOM TEMPERATURE MUST BE AVOIDED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I've read on the website "Ice Cream Science" about a time consuming method to create smooth and creamy ice cream. This works best with mixes that use eggs. Whatever the recipe, mix the egg yolks and sugar together till smooth. Add your dairy: milk, cream, etc. Heat everything in a pan with a 9 inch diameter at medium-low heat CONSTANTLY STIRRING with a whisk until 160 F and hold it at that temperature for one hour. Make small adjustments to your heat on the stove to maintain that temperature. A cup or two of water will evaporate; the wide 9 inch diameter pan facilitates evaporation. The evaporation changes the proteins in the mix promoting smoothness and avoiding higher temperatures prevents scrambled eggs. Then strain and cool your base in a bowl set in an ice bath till 50F and refrigerate the base overnight to let it age. Put add-ons like nuts, chips, or fruit into the machine about 5 minutes before the ice cream has finished. Leave the ice cream in the machine long enough so that much of it sticks to the dasher and has a dry appearance; it takes about 20 minutes. To improve heat transfer during freezing, I use a silicone spatula to press the dasher blade against the freeze container to minimize that layer of frozen ice cream that forms on the surface. Also, break up any ice jams with your spatula around the container to keep everything circulating. It helps to add two tablespoons of unflavored vodka about a minute before you're done which makes it easier to keep it soft in the freezer. I store the ice cream in those stainless steel containers with a hinged lid made by Anchor-Hocking. Good Luck!
on July 9, 2013
Absolutely awesome!!!! Great machine! We are making great tasting ice cream without all of the bad ingredients! The kids prefer homemade ice cream over store bought. So glad I made this purchase!
on July 23, 2013
This is so easy and efficient--no ice or salt to bother with. I am very pleased with this, I have
two cuisinart ice cream makers (one for our country place and one for home).I highly recommend it.
on July 25, 2013
We've made two batches thus far. Very easy too use, and very creamy, using the recipes provided. Takes some time to harden after mixing.
on June 21, 2013
Great appliance!
It wasn't/isn't noisy at all; purchased elsewhere, cheaper.

Have also used coconut milk and almond milk with a natural thickener for the lactose intolerant, ice cream loving member of my family.

Yes, cold base ingredients work best.... I've used frozen bananas in a couple creations.

Have purchased quart sized CHINESE TAKE-OUT boxes from my fav restaurant for $.25 per box; good for hardening the creations as well as storage while making a different batch. (cartons had no metal parts but held ice cream well; leak-proof)

Enjoy
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2014
I love this thing! It's so easy to whip up a quick batch, and it's fun to control your ingredients. I switch between using milk and cream to doing almond and coconut milk batches. It makes noise but it's not obnoxious or anything. Sure the old school makers are cool and nostalgic, but they are lots of elbow grease and a big production too. This thing is a sweet little appliance. The container has to stay in the freezer so you're always ready to go, and that thing is quite large. My freezer is small. I put mine in a plastic bag, and then I store something inside of it to help make up for the lost space.
on October 21, 2013
The only fault I can find with this is my own recipes. The maker worked great, as advertised, just follow the instructions. You will have great homemade ice cream in no time. Easy to use and very easy to clean. You won't be able to make ice cream on the spur of the moment, but the pre-planning is worth it. My first batches came out sinfully tasty, I just have to find the right add ins.