5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Roaster Overall
Published on January 28, 2011 by Teman

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches and pits easily. Avoid.
Published 18 months ago by mao_soup

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Roaster Overall, January 28, 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart MCP117-16BR MultiClad Pro Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack (Kitchen)
Actually, this is one of the best roasting pans I've come across at any price. It's 3-ply aluminum core construction. The edge is slightly beveled so it looks thinner than it is, but after taking a micrometer to it, it is actually only about 15% thinner than some of the $200+ models - still quite heavy duty. It has a nice dead flat bottom, doesn't warp, is induction friendly, has great handles and a nice rack. Perfect size, just wide enough for a 20 lbs turkey. It also takes 500 degree heat very well. Plus, it's really beautiful! I compared about 10 roasters and I would have bought this one even if it was $200. Do not confuse this pan with Cuisinart's non Multiclad model. This is a hard to find item that is a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, March 20, 2011
My wife was dropping serious hints about an AllClad roasting pan. The AllClad is painfully expensive, so I turned up this Cuisinart in my research, and compared it with the Calphalon that was top-rated by a respectable cooking magazine. This unit has the tri-ply construction, like the AllClad, and the handles don't sit over the interior of the pan, which could be problematic as you are lifing a roast out of the oven. The bottom line is my wife is very happy with the pan, and it was reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Roasting Pan!, November 20, 2012
Length:: 2:19 Mins

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches and pits easily. Avoid., June 8, 2013
I ordered this back in November for Thanksgiving. The pan I received had some scratching in the interior when I received it. Where the stainless steel plating had chipped off you could see black underneath. Not sure what process they are using for their try-ply, but it needs work. I was pleased with the size, weight, and other features of the pan, including the stainless rack.

I thought I could get past the scratch inside, as it was rather small. But after using the rack for roasting our turkey, when I cleaned up the pan, I noticed the rack left loads of scratched plating where you could see through to the black underneath, just like the original scratch. This was after once use. Also, there was some very small pock marks--pitting. I had no choice but to use it for Thanksgiving and then send it back.

I have since had pitting problems with my other Cuisinart Multi-clad pots I own. These problems did not show up at first, but took around 6-months of almost daily use to show. I suspect most people writing reviews here either aren't looking very closely for pitting and scratching, or write their laudatory reviews after one or two uses.

Sadly, I cannot recommend any of the multi-clad line due to these problems. It's a shame, because I love everything else about the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Coating Flaked After One Use, November 30, 2012
I needed a new roaster and decided to go with the MultiClad after doing a lot of research. It seemed like a good option and when it arrived, I was impressed with its design and heft. It's definitely sturdy enough for stovetop use, and the handles were great. Everything seemed wonderful, but then I used it. After cooking one turkey, I was washing the roaster and noticed several places on the inside (cooking surface) where the stainless steel had flaked off. I own a lot of stainless steel cookware, so I know the drill: no salt and hand washing. Yet, that didn't stop this thing from pitting like crazy. Even worse, there were big chunks missing from different areas of the roaster, which was much more disheartening than just some little black spots. I've never seen this happen before. I'm perplexed because the item seemed to be a good quality product. I guess not.

I am beyond disappointed. I thought I was investing in a roaster that would serve us for years to come, but it couldn't even make it through one use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pan, but rack is stainless not non-stick, October 14, 2011
The quality of the roasting pan is excellent for the cost. Doesn't warp, works on the stove top without problem, and, well you can cook a turkey in it. What more do you want? Well, perhaps you want a non-stick rack and if you do, this might not be the roasting pan to buy. The included rack is stainless steel, not non-stick. This means you need to spend 5 seconds with a can non-stick spray before using, but it also means the finish is never going to wear off. Not a big deal to me. And yes, I did receive the right model. I checked the model number on Cuisinart's website where it shows it having a stainless steel rack as well. So if a non-stick rack is very important to you, you may want to consider other options, but if you just want a great roasting pan at a fair price then you're in the right place.

5.0 out of 5 stars holiday dinner, December 26, 2010
Fantastic! I felt comfortable lifting it in and out of the oven, the pan felt heavy but balanced. Plenty of room for a large turkey but requires its own oven rack, I couldn't get anything to fit on the sides in my standard oven. Easy to clean and made it through the day without scratches or tarnish. Roasted veggies in the bottom came out great, even heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL: HANDLES MAKE IT OVER 18 INCHES, October 31, 2012
This is a very well-crafted product that any chef would be proud to have in their home, but I will never know that joy because the handles stick out so far that it will not fit in my oven no matter which direction I put it in. Do be aware if you have a double oven or a small oven in your home that you will not be able to close the oven door with this in there. The description should make it clear exactly how far out the handles stick out (much farther than my other roasters) because that is VERY relevant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty, perfect, January 23, 2011
Purchased this roasting pan because I thought it was about time after 40+ years without a good roasting pan. Well, it is great. It cleaned really easy. I washed the rack in the dishwaster-it came out clean. The pan cleaned up nicely (follow manufactors suggestion on cleaning after cooking). The pan itself is still shiney. This is a roasting pan my daughters-in-laws may fight over after I am gone. It would be a great wedding gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great buy!!, March 4, 2011
I looked around for several months before I purchased this roaster. I wanted something sturdy I could make large amounts of lasagna in and also use for turkey. I needed it to be flat on the bottom so I could make gravy on my glass top electric stove. This fit the bill and more as it is also beautiful. It is reasonably priced and I was happy to get rid of my 30 year old pan that was way too shallow. This pan is deep and heats evenly. Definitely a great buy!!