Cuisinart Pressure Cooker Differences Does anyone know the difference between the CPC 600 and the
EPC 1200?
asked by C. Turlington on January 6, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I contacted Cuisinart directly to ask them this very question. As soon as I asked they knew right away. It seems this is a common question. Anyway, they said the only differences are cosmetic. One has silver handles and dials and the other has black handles and dials. Other than that they are identical as far as performance and specifications. The rep seemed knowledgable and ready to answer this question so I believe that this answer is highly reliable. If you don't care about the cosmetic differences, buy the less expensive one. They're the same. Hope this helps.
Nathan B. Blood answered on May 18, 2010
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks, I have mine now and love it! I'm not home, don't remember if it's silver or black. I'm sure I ordered the cheapest one. It has met all my expectations and is very quiet, unlike the old fashioned, stove top, jiggly kind. Wish I had done this sooner.
C. Turlington answered on May 18, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The inner pot is NOT stainless steel, but zero issues with the nonstick. I don't wash mine in the dishwasher. It's so easy to clean, it just isn't an issue. This handy-dandy cooker continues to be my favorite kitchen thingie ever! My DIL uses hers at least 3 or 4 times a week, and absolutely loves it.
tweet answered on July 19, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks, I'm glad you called. I ordered the CPC600 but received the EPC 1200 (thru Amazon but NOT from Amazon). Considering the hassle I've had to go thru to get this one, I think I'll just keep it!

I've contacted the company I ordered from, kinda curious to see what they'll have to say.
tweet answered on February 7, 2012

A
When it comes to lazy, I bet I win, LOL. When I'm done with the pot, I just put some soap and hot water, slosh it around a bit, and it's clean. I've never had anything stick in it, even browning meat, nothing to scrub. Gotta love it!
tweet answered on July 19, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
is the inner pot also stainless steel . if not do have any issues with the nonstick ? can you put it in dishwasher?
Priti answered on July 19, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the response.. it helps.. had to ask :) .. coz am lazy abt washing dishes. :)
Priti answered on July 19, 2012

A
I also asked Cuisinart what was the difference and was told there is no effective difference (there might be some cosmetic differences, I hadn't noticed, even though I own several of these models). The EPC 1200 is the model sold through Costco, apparently.
ePressureCooker answered on November 7, 2013

A
We were told the same thing when we contacted Cuisinart to replace the inner pot (my sweet husband dropped it ) It's not true. If you look on the specs of both (on Amazon) the sizes are different. The only reason this matters is that the replacement pot does not quite fit, so even though it seems to reach pressure steam still escapes and the timer does not count down. This means full pressure is not applied and the food doesn't fully cook. Also, I have read some reviews that mention a delayed start option; the EPC 1200 does not have this. Luckily we bought it at Costco; they take almost anything back no matter how old. We'll probably replace it with the CPC 600 so we can get replacement parts, or the Fagor 3-in-1 6-Quart Multi-Cooker.
S. Slorah answered on June 1, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product