4.0 out of 5 stars This is great for roasting large turkeys
I bought this roaster about a year ago after
searching for a while for something to roast really large
turkeys in.This one really does the job.
I think even a 30+ lb turkey would go in it if you left
the top off.Most roasters that I've ever used
are a pain to clean.This one cleans up
in a snap.The one and only thing I don't like...
Published on September 28, 2003 by S. Russell

3.0 out of 5 stars No way would this hold a 25lb turkey!
Published on December 5, 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars This is great for roasting large turkeys, September 28, 2003
This review is from: Cuisinart SF98-18 Chef's Classic Nonstick Stainless 18-Inch by 13-Inch Extra Large Roaster with Domed Cover (Kitchen)
I bought this roaster about a year ago after
searching for a while for something to roast really large
turkeys in.This one really does the job.
I think even a 30+ lb turkey would go in it if you left
the top off.Most roasters that I've ever used
are a pain to clean.This one cleans up
in a snap.The one and only thing I don't like
is the side handles stick out horizontally .
This leaves little room between them and the
wall of my 23 in wide oven,making them hard to grasp.
Despite this draw back ,It is a
great buy,and I will still be happily
using this roaster for many holiday feasts to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way to cook that holiday meal, December 18, 2002
"chris33704" (Saint Petersburg, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Cuisinart is quality, Everything they make. I enjoy all my cuisinart pans. This roaster is great for all your roasting needs. Large turkey, games hens, rib roast. This pan is great for the serious cook or the beginner. The greatest thing about these pans is clean up all my cuisinart pans go into the dishwasher. All my friends still ask me if my pans are new, no they are years old. Thats why when I see a great deal on any pan I dont have; I snap it up. I gave this pan as a gift to several people this year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safety Czarina re roaster, December 4, 2003
By A Customer
Superb roaster when referring to outcome of turkey (23 lbs). The turkey was moist and evenly cooked. I am giving this item only 4 stars though because of the position of the handles and the burn potential, especially when dealing with the too short handles of the rack and at the same time trying to avoid the very hot handles of the roaster ..I did get burned when loosening the legs part way through the roasting process. The handles of the rack need to be longer as are the ones on a rack I purchased last year. I have a large oven, yet the roaster just fit because the handles are somewhat horizonal instead of upright.

3.0 out of 5 stars No way would this hold a 25lb turkey!, December 5, 2003
By A Customer
I gave this 3 stars because it is a very nice roasting pan (especially for the money, what a deal) - great non-stick (which I prefer for ease of clean-up vs. having the deglazed bits you can get from a regular pan for gravy, that's just not worth the clean-up hassle to me), very sturdy, high domed lid, strong handles, and it really is beautiful (not that I'm putting it on my coffee table, but it does make for a nice presentation when you pull it from the oven). However, I cannot see how a 25lb turkey would possibly fit in this pan - at least not without being smushed up against all the sides, which would mean that nothing would brown or crisp at all. I cooked a 17lb bird, and frankly, I don't think I could go much larger in this pan. Great pan if you don't need it for it's "Extra Large" size, just know that if that's why you're choosing this one . . . you might want to keep looking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but watch your fingers!, November 15, 2002
By A Customer
This roasting pan does a nice job with roast chicken. The rack (included) helps to keep the food off of the bottom of the pan. Cleanup is a snap with the nonstick interior. The only complaint that I had was that the handle on the cover burned my fingers even after if had been out of the oven and in the sink for ten minutes. Be careful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect, December 27, 2006
BrewsterWA (Bremerton, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I finally relented and purchased a new roasting pan, I'm so happy I did!! My 25 pound turkey for Thanksgiving fit with room to spare. The prime rib for Christmas turned out perfectly - the rack cleaned up just as quickly as the pan. The pan is quite light but very sturdy and the non-stick coating is perfect. The handles on the side stick out a little far but if you angle the pan as you load it into the oven it will fit fine in a regular sized oven.

I'm buying one for my brother!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value!, December 28, 2006
C. Fritsche (St. Petersburg, FL) - See all my reviews
If you're looking for a roaster with rack and lid, look no further. This is by far the best value on the internet! And non-stick at that! The stainless steel is very high quality and very lightweight. This roaster can be used in the oven or on the stovetop. Cuisinart has done it again...it's almost too beautiful to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the nonstick, January 15, 2007
Clean up is a breeze. If I had to list a negative. It would be the metal rack that you can use inside it. It has 4 points where the metal touches the nonstick finish. I am wondering how long the nonstick will last as I can see it scraping the nonstick on those 4 small places. But still. Love the easy clean up.

3.0 out of 5 stars it smells inside?, May 22, 2004
By A Customer
I just recived this roaster, and It has a awful smell to it!!
I bought this as a gift so I really do not want to wash it first.
Has anyone else had this problem when they first opened there box? that sticky smell!!ew[...]
I have to say this looks like a very nice Roaster, and the reviews seem to be good...
But if any of you have had this experiance, please let me know?
Thank You...

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice at First....., January 16, 2009
Absolutely loved this huge roaster at first. Then, the 4 points where the metal rack touches the bottom began to wear through the non-stick lining......soon, big strips of lining were coming off, and the rack itself rusted something terribly. I'm now afraid to use it since the lining sticks to food and I'm not sure of its safety for ingestion. I'm trying to find a way to have it repaired.