Cuisinart SM-70BC 7-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer, Brushed Chrome
|Price:||$367.56 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$432.44 (54%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1,000-watt stand mixer housed in durable die-cast metal
- 12 speeds; 7-quart stainless-steel bowl; slow-start and gentle-fold functions
- 15-minute countdown timer; 3 power outlets; auto shutoff; tilt-back head
- Chef's whisk, flat mixing paddle, dough hook, and splashguard included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Brushed Chrome
Top Customer Reviews
Other features I like: the spill guard fits neatly and is ONE piece (again, unlike my old Kitchenaid); the lock feature clicks the top arm into place so you never run the risk of lifting from the top and having the bottom swing out; the smooth surfaces make for easy clean-up; the attachments all wash easily in the dishwasher.
A great product!
I purchased the Cuisinart 7 Quart because I wanted the extra capacity - simply that. I find that its power is adequate for all tasks, and no matter what the speed setting, it "knows" to ramp up to that speed slowly (so as not to produce a cloud of flour or other ingredients with the potential to scatter), something only possible with the advent of newer electronic controllers. The bowl is deep and well designed.
A word about wattage: Please don't puchase any mixer because you believe that high wattage will translate to more power. That just isn't so. Wattage is a measure of power consumed by the mixer, not put out as torque (ability to slog through heavy doughs). A poorly designed motor will use lots of watts, but will not deliver it to you in increased power. This mixer happens to have 1000 watts of power - sounds like a lot. The point is that whatever its power draw, its power output is sufficient for the tasks at hand. Way back when, I had a KitchenAid 5 qt. that used 325 watts (before wattage became sexy).Read more ›
1) With any more than 10 cups of flour the dough quickly climbs up the hook and into the rotating planetary parts of the mixer. It makes a terrible mess and prevents the dough from being kneaded properly without repeatedly stopping the mixer and working the mess back down into the bowl. This happens every time no matter what I try and despite the presence of the guard on the dough hook and paddle.
2) The mixer base is too narrow and the mixer is not heavy enough to counter the mass of larger batches of dough. The mixer shakes and rocks violently and walks its way across the counter.
3) Most importantly, the motor overheats after about 3 to 4 minutes of kneading larger batches of dough and the mixer shuts off. That happens consistently even with the repeated stops necessary to get the dough back down in the bowl as described in #1 above. If the motor did not have the thermal protection shut-off, then I would have killed this mixer with my first use of it out of the box. The "powerful 1000 watt motor" is simply not up to the tasks that the manufacturer claims.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
use my machine a lot usually only get about two year out of each one. I am working on my third machine will probably change brands next time.Published 4 days ago by Robin Saunders
I have enjoyed my new mixer very much, as I do baking every week for at least 50 or more people. I can make one big batch at a time. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
I L O V E my Cuisinart mixer. I have made many type of foods with it already.Published 18 days ago by MarcyT
The only issues we had was inside the factory box their was an oily film inside the plastic that covered the mixer. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Jeff
I wanted to like this mixer because of the large bowl but the accessories are not worth the cost when it dies I will buy the real deal KA mixer next! Read morePublished 27 days ago by EJ
Love the capacity, but don't love that it doesn't reach the bottom of the bowl. And because of such a big bowl, doing small batches is pretty ridiculous. Read morePublished 1 month ago by D M.