Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Conair Cuisinart PowerBlend 600 SPB-10CH 600 Watt 1.75 Quart Table Top Blender
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 15, 2012
The first two weeks with this blender have been a joy! It crushes ice, makes awesome smoothies and blends veggies for soup without a problem. I did fill it almost to the entire capacity of the jar several times and no smell of burned plastic or a dying motor yet. I use it about twice a day. I make a green drink in the morning and a soup in the afternoon. So far it has handled every job that I saw at a demonstration of a $450 Vitamix with ease.. I don't want to jinx it (having looked at all the 1 star reviews here) but it feels like a really good value and a solid product. I take away one star for an annoying drawback which is a poor design of the jar. Forget about using the little lip to pour the contents out - all you'll achieve will be a big mess. You have to use a corner instead. Wrap a paper towel around the outer wall of the corner you are using because there will be some spillage no matter how careful you are.
on February 21, 2014
I have used blenders, many brands, for over 40 years, and this is EASILY the worst blender we have ever used! This over priced blender will NOT blend nearly anything well. We have tried it on smoothies, almond milk, hummus. Virtually everything comes out chunky, no matter how long it's "blended". And the "pour spout" is ridiculous, guaranteeing not to pour virtually anything well, causing spilling everywhere. And the motor smells likes its going to burn up nearly every time it's used for anything with bulk. It even won't really chew up ice, unless you leave it on for a long time. Our $5 second hand store cheapies, easily outperform this POS. I have had Cusinart food processors for over 35 years and they are awesome. But somebody didn't do their homework designing this piece of junk. Run away from it!
on December 20, 2012
I bought this blender after my old blender jar broke. I wanted a Cuisinart because that was what my old blender was and it never gave me problems in blending my fruits and veggies daily. I read some of the negetive reveiws left by others who had purchased this blender, but decided to take a chance and order it anyways due to my past success with this brand and the reasonable price offered on Amazon.
I am so glad I did! This blender works even better than my last one and seems to be quieter as well. The only thing negetive I would say is that the chrome does look cheap. But for me, the way the blender works makes this issue matter little if at all.
on November 13, 2015
Motor is very cheap. Broke within a week of purchase. Just making smoothies and the engine burned out. Amazon was awesome to replace it right away! I had another blender by cuisinart that the motor was a workhorse but the cup got broken as it was glass, however this cup fits that base/motor so I have been using that motor. It was cheaper to order this whole blender than replace the cup on the old model. Cuisinart normally makes pretty high quality stuff so this motor was a huge disappointment. It even feels like junk by weight. The cup however is a larger capacity and is made of thick glass. The only reason I would recommend this blender is for the cup other than that it's crap.
on April 7, 2016
WOW!!, did I go through STICKER SHOCK during my time shopping for a replacement blender. My 20+ years Oster blender would
no longer lock in place, making my pureeing of soups a mess. Did not want to use my food processor for the pureeing, nor my Ninja, just wanted a nice glass cap blender under $100.00! HA, what a lark! Do not know how long this blender will last, but this is what I found right out of the box.
The base is very SHINY AND unusually LIGHT WEIGHT compared to my older Oster. The controls are push button and well spaced for
someone with large fingers 7 speeds. The glass jar, 56 oz, its arm and lid are very substantial and appear to be of high quality. The spout is very small - almost an after thought. It does lock in place.
The rotary mechanism between the jar and the base appears to be of plastic. With the base being very light, I might think the motor
might also be of some sort of plastic as well. .I recommend this blender on the following points: I needed a glass jar (not plastic), willing to pay under $100.00 for it, my other small appliances are Cuisinart and to be in the safer side, I also purchased a warranty as well.
on November 21, 2012
It is true that it works for a very short period of time. I tried making smoothies with ice, frozen fruit and milk. After the first few uses it did a terrible job of blending. It would not pull down the frozen food to blend it!! And yes it does smell like burnt plastic after it runs for a few seconds. Terrible blender.
on January 6, 2012
I'm pleased with the blender - it's as good as my 27 yr old Osterizer which I retired just in case it died on me. It's still going strong.
The cup measurements on the Cuisinart are on the side that a left-handed person sees. I'm a righty, hence the annoyance.
The pouring spout is not designed well. Pouring is painfully slow, otherwise the contents spill out messily. Pouring out the corner, rather than the spout works better for smoothies. Watery liquids are better poured out of the spout, very slowly.
on September 7, 2013
I purchased this as a gift for a cousin & come to find out my mother owns one as well. The gift recipient has no complaints. She reports she made frozen beverages & the ice was well chipped. I've used my mothers to make smoothies & I encountered no problems, but it's quite different when attempting to blend ice. The design is stylish & it sits well in any kitchen.
on July 25, 2012
From early on it would smell like something was burning - but it still lasted for about 2 years, and worked well for that time - even handling frozen bananas, kale etc.
For the last 6 months there has been a black powder (rubber) to go along with the burning smoke, and now it has seized.
It's not the motor really, I think the thing that spins has seized.
Anyway - I'll be going for another brand or model.
on October 7, 2015
Piece of junk, leaked all over every time I used it (three times) and on the fourth time the motor somehow burned out and would just spin. I plugged it in and the motor started running (which was just enough to throw red berries all over my kitchen, I didn't have th lid on yet, as all I was doing was plugging it in). The on/off button as well as all buttons were inoperative, and the motor was spinning, but not spinning enough to actually liquify the fruit that I had in it.